Gamethread: IOWA vs MSU

a blocked FG to end the half, can MSUget anymore breaks, it doesn't matter the play calling s@cks, Vandy is doing his best Jake Christianson impression today passes in back of players passes to low or to high, this team does not deserve a bowl berth

wow. Worst Iowa team in a quarter century. Maybe ever. Some teams had worse records but at least made a effort not to get their *** kicked at home on senior day with the division title at stake. Give me 0-11 over this pathetic display.

Step off the ledge their, tiger.

Sucks that this comes in the midst of an extremely important game, but to pull out a cliche`, "they are who they thought they were." The Hawks just ain't good this year.

We currently don't have a linebacker on the roster that can fill a hole. On that last TD run, the center blocked both of our linebackers. How is that even possible. On other runs our LBs wait for the blocker or carrier to get to them.

Couple of things:

Things got away after the score that made it 24-7 but how is there no review of the Binns play or the fact that Linthicum stepped out of bounds?

On the kick off it was no doubt that Jordan fumbled but he Also had possession of the ball and gave up as it was blown dead our ball. That was a bull ship call!

Sorry to say the refs are impacting this game. So is bad uninspired coaching!

We currently don't have a linebacker on the roster that can fill a hole. On that last TD run, the center blocked both of our linebackers. How is that even possible. On other runs our LBs wait for the blocker or carrier to get to them.

LBs have played on their heels all year.

:( im sad but we gotta whole nother half! Get ur heads out of ur *** boys and play some Iowa football! Miracles can happen! Gotta get our minds right-

Quit being haters, u (negative nancy) fans truly disgust me! Id like to see how you guys coach/play football!

WOW, we can do nothing right today. The D looks lost and we can't run the ball, and JVB is off. MSU gets the ball the 2nd half and I guarantee it they will not become conservative at all. I still do not understand why we take the ball when winning the toss. Is there any stats that favor this decision because I have never been a fan of this whatsoever.

Alright on the positive side, MSU just got as many breaks as a team usually gets in a season... That means, Iowa will win the 2nd half...

It is of the utmost importance to remind ourselves that this is a rebuilding year and nobody who is not certifiably insane expected us to win the B1G conference title and play for the National Championship.....

This still sucks big time.....

that happens when you have a linebacker over persue. he took a crappy angle of attack and got caught in traffic. sad cause that is/was to be our best backer this year.

I havent actually read any posts on here yet, so I dont know what kind of meltdown we are dealing with, but I am sure there is one. I actually was afraid that this would happen. As soon as we get in a position to make a move in the conference standings the team comes out completely flat and looks like they spent no time in the film room preparing for a game. This is absolutely the type of thing we can not continue to let happen. We have not even remotely met the energy level of MSU. It appears to me like the coaching staff had no clue how to motivate the team to be prepared for this. Every inkling all week coming out of Michigan was based upon how important this game was to them and how we had owned them in Iowa City, blah, blah, blah. Then the game starts and they just keep smacking us in the mouth and we just take it. Poor game plan, poor preparation, and no motivation. Some other thoughts: do we have anybody else that can return punts as Hyde makes terrible decisions, why does Vandenberg look like he is playing on the road and scared to death, why have we still not seen McCall in the game at least for the threat that we are going to do something different, do we have anyone who can tackle a ball carrier, why have we not gone hurry up earlier than the last drive as you could see that things were getting out of control (and it looks like it would mess up their D), and I know it is not the reason for anything but is this the worst refereeing crew in the Big Ten as they can not be watching the same game I am. Sorry for the long rant but this game is super frustrating.

Latest posts