Gameday in Lincoln...

3b9xvw.jpg

I took this picture in Mason City a few weeks ago. I may have embellished it a tad, but anybody who thinks Nebraska is back. OSU will make sure they're not even close. So will Iowa !!

In all fairness the slate of games next weekend is kind of lacking. The only match-up of ranked teams is Utah and Washington State in Pullman. Wazzu just gave up a historic comeback to a bad UCLA team which torpedoed any chances for gameday to show up for that one. Ohio State and Nebraska are two historically good programs so I'm sure that was enough for ESPN to decide to go there. If Ohio State and Nebraska were this past weekend there's no way they would pass up Notre Dame/Georgia or Auburn/A&M to be in Lincoln.

Wazzu just gave up a historic comeback to a bad UCLA team
Do they play some serious defense out west, or what?

I know defenses are terrible across most of college and pro football now, but that set a new standard.

With 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, Wazu qb throws his 7th td pass of the game to put them up 49-17.

UCLA, who had scored 42 points total in their 1st 3 losses (against non-P12 defenses), goes on a 50-14 run in the last 22 minutes to win 67-63.

I’m happy gameday is there. It’ll make the 40-12 OSU win even more glorious.
Could / should be a glorious game.

Primetime. ABC.

OSU dominates, and in the 2nd half Herbie & Fowler have to go to some filler material to compensate for the lack of excitement on the field.

Let's see, what could they talk about?

It's obvious! How great Nebby used to be, the steady decline fueled by dumb coach firings since then, the PATHETIC state of the program now, all leading up to / contributing to a discussion of "how good can / should they be?".

My ultimate wish for the game is that Herbie says something (or better yet, there's a graphic which could live on forever here at HN) along the lines of "Right now Nebraska is in a battle with Purdue and Minnesota for 4th best football program in the B1G West."

Gameday is just the nice last meal before the public execution!

Could / should be a glorious game.

Primetime. ABC.

OSU dominates, and in the 2nd half Herbie & Fowler have to go to some filler material to compensate for the lack of excitement on the field.

Let's see, what could they talk about?

It's obvious! How great Nebby used to be, the steady decline fueled by dumb coach firings since then, the PATHETIC state of the program now, all leading up to / contributing to a discussion of "how good can / should they be?".

My ultimate wish for the game is that Herbie says something (or better yet, there's a graphic which could live on forever here at HN) along the lines of "Right now Nebraska is in a battle with Purdue and Minnesota for 4th best football program in the B1G West."

Gameday is just the nice last meal before the public execution!

I see herbie saying something a long the lines of...”Nebraska isn’t there yet, they have yet to generate the physicality to compete in the big ten west”

Do they play some serious defense out west, or what?

I know defenses are terrible across most of college and pro football now, but that set a new standard.

With 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, Wazu qb throws his 7th td pass of the game to put them up 49-17.

UCLA, who had scored 42 points total in their 1st 3 losses (against non-P12 defenses), goes on a 50-14 run in the last 22 minutes to win 67-63.
I saw that final score and wondered if basketball season had started.

I see herbie saying something a long the lines of...”Nebraska isn’t there yet, they have yet to generate the physicality to compete in the big ten west”
Nice.

But I want more. I'd like it to be more slap-in-the-face brutal.

Like my line about battling for 4th place.

Hell, I want them to talk about Nebby barely getting by Illinois!

And the home L to Troy last year!

And of course the 4 straight L's to the Hawks.

Non-stop gut punches!

I want to almost... almost feel sorry for them by the end.

Of course I won't. Might watch it again if at least some of these happen!

In Debbie's defense, there aren't many solid game sites this Saturday for a College GameDay.

I saw that final score and wondered if basketball season had started.
The Wazu qb ended up w/ 9 td passes, but they gave up 4 fumbles and a punt return td just in those last 22 minutes.

Mike Leach w/ some typically subtle comments:

"I thought we had lousy ball security."

"Our guys got frantic and panicked."

"We collapsed in every phase of the game."

Scott Frost said that Gameday in Lincoln would set a record. He was right!

OK, I'll bite. Which record was that? By the way, I agree with the poster who said that pickins' were pretty slim for good venues for GameDay last week. That said, I still think Kalamazoo, Michigan would have been a better choice, for the "directional Michigan" shoot-out (Western beat Central).

Latest posts