Game thread

And then what? After White goes to the NBA and the others are gone? Fran's building the program for the long run. Not one and done.

Yeah, Reggie Evans and Luke Recker were such terrible investments for Iowa. Add Haluska to that list, too.

JUCO guys aren't reliable to build your program around long-term, but Hoiberg isn't doing that either. JUCO/transfers can give you a shot in the arm, though, which is something we need right now.

I say it's gutless because it looks a lot like lickliter teams did. We get down, and instead of being disciplined, we quit and start doing one on one stuff taking horrible shots. Patience gone, panic set in. I don't care if we get beat, what I hate is team's that quit.

Yup why don't you go down to the locker room after the game and tell Gatens, Cartwright and company that they were gutless.

Oglesby is great at lighting it up once we are down 20. This has happened on 3 occasions. When this guy gets that he's a great shooter, and that shooting 40% from 3 is better than shooting 50% from 2, and starts to do this when it matters, that's when he can become a great player. He's capable, just not there yet.

gatens was defensively taken out of this game. I'd be happy to tell cartwright, mccabe, basabe, marble, may, brommer and even white, their effort and energy today was gutless for their senior, Matt Gatens. Their season is over and Matt's Iowa career is now over.

i do believe Haluska went to Iowa State and then transferred to Iowa and didn't Recker transfer as well? Not JUCO players. Evans, yes. We've had one in our history. If there really is someone out there like that, go get him. Let's not sit and hope for it though. We've all heard the poop in one hand and want in the other analogy.

got to get some size on the interior, and speed on the perimeter.

Michigan State is not a very tall team. The starting lineup is 6'10', 6'7' & 6'5" across the frontline. Nix comes off the bench at 6'9". Not a particularly tall team. However, Izzo loves those wide bodies.

i do believe Haluska went to Iowa State and then transferred to Iowa and didn't Recker transfer as well? Not JUCO players. Evans, yes. We've had one in our history. If there really is someone out there like that, go get him. Let's not sit and hope for it though. We've all heard the poop in one hand and want in the other analogy.

You realize Hoiberg's guys are pretty much all transfers, right?

Yeah, Reggie Evans and Luke Recker were such terrible investments for Iowa. Add Haluska to that list, too.

JUCO guys aren't reliable to build your program around long-term, but Hoiberg isn't doing that either. JUCO/transfers can give you a shot in the arm, though, which is something we need right now.

Yes, come on guys, look at all the success Alford had after he brought in Evans and Recker. The Hawks really took off the next few years thanks to the spark those two brought.

If you think Josh is going to come anywhere close to equaling Gaten's performance you will be extremely disappointed.

The person I responded to was asking for JUCO players. Not transfers. If a shot in the arm is what your asking for, what good does a D1 transfer do us? They have to sit for a year.

Latest posts