Gambrall staying at 197

Micah Burak will not be a Hawkeye. You say that you haven't given up on Gambrall for next year so why are you wishing for someone else? I still haven't given up hope on Grant for this year and still think that he can make the stand at 197 in March.

Micah Burak will not be a Hawkeye. You say that you haven't given up on Gambrall for next year so why are you wishing for someone else? I still haven't given up hope on Grant for this year and still think that he can make the stand at 197 in March.

You high bro?

I completely agree there’s probably zero chance Micah becomes a Hawk. When the Hawks signed Nathan though, it just brought about a potential scenario that wasn’t there before. I just thought it’d be worthwhile to see if that long shot had ever been discussed or thought about. I don’t think Micah would trade his Ivy League degree, as to why I clarified that he could transfer back and finish his degree at Penn. I’m a big fan of Gambrall, mostly at 184, but I do think he can fill out to a solid 197 next year. I still have faith for him this year, but he’ll obviously have to make some giant strides to make some noise in March so it’s by no means a certainty. That being said, he had concussion issues which are obviously very serious and could end a career in a second ie. Dustin Schlatter. It would be an absolute travesty to Gambrall and the team if he went down with another concussion and there’s not really someone else at 197 that could take his place and score major team points so a national title contender who just happens to be the big brother of a recent hawk recruit might certainly draw some interest. I know it’s not always possible at all weights but I’d like to see two or three guys at each weight that could fill in at anytime and score major points at nationals. I don’t think the Hawks have that situation at 197 and any extra talent there would be great to have. No offense intended with the post, just asking a question. Adding Nathan Burak and Brooks definitely makes the future look bright for the upper weights but I’d hate to pull both their redshirts just to fill a hole if a starter went down.

Unless Grant shows dramatic improvement and starts taking more then 1 shot per match I don't see him qualifying for Nationals this year. Hopefully he begins turning the corner this weekend against quality opponents. If not, I could see the Hawks getting minimal points at Nationals from 184 - Hwt which will make it very difficult to win the NCAA team title.
(Still hopeful Hwt can score points at Nationals)

I stand by my statements on Grant Gambrall. I don't think that he is far off and he will put up good points at Nationals.

Grant needs to get confidence at 197. He doesn't seem aggressive at all right now. It is kind of like watching a morningstar match but he usually came out ahead.

I do agree with fulsaa that I believe Grant can get hot at nationals and score points. The problem is that he needs to get into the tournament first.

Grant needs to get confidence at 197. He doesn't seem aggressive at all right now. It is kind of like watching a morningstar match but he usually came out ahead.

I do agree with fulsaa that I believe Grant can get hot at nationals and score points. The problem is that he needs to get into the tournament first.

Morning* always wrestled that style...GG just decided to start doing that this year. With Ryan you knew what to expect in his matches. With GG you just shake your head and say what is he thinking. I think even when Morning* blew out his knee he created more action.

I stand by my statements on Grant Gambrall. I don't think that he is far off and he will put up good points at Nationals.
FF - You wouldn't make a very good politician...you're supposed to waffle, make excuses, and change your conviction :eek:

Good on ya for sticking to your guns!

I saw some rumblings on TOS that Grant may be moving back down. That would be good news if true.

i personally didn't think GG was going to make noise last year and look what happened

keep the faith

I know this much from watching gambrall against Penn State. The Hawks need to go after one of two kids in missouri that I saw go head to head this past weekend. 195 lb. Justin Hicks of Class 1a Polo, or if they can get him, Class 1a 220 lb Tyler Berg of Lathrop. They wrestled each other at 195 this past weekend. Berg won 7-2 . Both would currently destroy Gambrall and the Penn St. freshman. Berg supposedly will be going to Missouri. Hicks is just a junior, but expect big things from both in the coming years. Brands need to get these type kids at the heavier weights. Gambrall needs to go down to have any chance.

I know this much from watching gambrall against Penn State. The Hawks need to go after one of two kids in missouri that I saw go head to head this past weekend. 195 lb. Justin Hicks of Class 1a Polo, or if they can get him, Class 1a 220 lb Tyler Berg of Lathrop. They wrestled each other at 195 this past weekend. Berg won 7-2 . Both would currently destroy Gambrall and the Penn St. freshman. Berg supposedly will be going to Missouri. Hicks is just a junior, but expect big things from both in the coming years. Brands need to get these type kids at the heavier weights. Gambrall needs to go down to have any chance.

You seriously just posted that 2 high school kids would destroy a returning All American and the guy who was the #1 overall recruit a year ago? Have you ever watched wrestling? You maybe saw 2 good high school wrestlers last weekend in Missouri but I saw 2 very good COLLEGE wrestlers on Sunday from state college...

your coment was an EPIC FAIL

You seriously just posted that 2 high school kids would destroy a returning All American and the guy who was the #1 overall recruit a year ago? Have you ever watched wrestling? You maybe saw 2 good high school wrestlers last weekend in Missouri but I saw 2 very good COLLEGE wrestlers on Sunday from state college...

Exactly

Now this is a funny post. This guy is funny.

Being posted that Grant is coming down.

It's in the "we need to figure it out" article, but I'm sure you already new that.

Latest posts