Funny But Cordial "Most Hated Rival" Thread - From Purdue Site

That's good stuff! Both us and Purdue got fucked hard in that whole Legends/Leaders crossover thing. For both of us, I think our *actual* crossover rivals got more prestigious match-ups and left us hanging, so the Big Ten went, "here, you guys hate each now".

Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Bart and Todd Flanders are going to be playing against each other in a mini golf tournament and Homer is trying to get Barr to hate Todd. Homer puts a picture of Todd up in Bart's room and has Bart staring at it and growling. Then, Bart looks out his window and sees Todd looking at him from his house. Todd waves and says, "hi, Bart!"

That's the Iowa/Purdue rivalry in a nutshell.

Reminds me of the runup to the XFL 2.0 season when Battlehawks online fans randomly decided for absolutely no reason at all that our rival would be the Tampa Bay Vipers.

Vipers fans joined in (albeit, rather weakly). Before teams even had players, there was much shade throwing and the meme "Vipers Fans Poop Standing Up" was born.

Saw some guy named Kelly on there

Bullwhip Griffith had this to say:

When I see the word hate associated with sports I always think of my grandma who passed away in 2017. Sweet lady who always said there was no time for hsgr

Served on the home front during World War 2. Married my grandfather and he served on the pacific front. He was shot at multiple times and even then she couldn’t bring herself to hate the Japanese

Raised three sons. All three served during Vietnam and she couldn’t her self to hate the Vietnamese.

One son was hurt and Crippled in the car wreck. His wife left him and she didn’t want to have that life. She couldn’t bring herself to hate her ex daughter-in-law

My grandfather died due to medical but she couldn’t bring herself to hate the medical staff

She has 8 grandchildren and 21 great
Grandchildren and all of them thought she was their favorite. She taught them not to hate

I was there near the end and as she said all her goodbyes I asked her how she made it through life never hating anyone or anything. She smiled and said that wasn’t true and in weakened state she motioned me over and whispered:

“F*** Iowa”

Cool Purdue forum

I just read the post of where it was pointed out that Purdue beat Iowa 20 years in a row.

NOW I HATE THEM!

I was somewhat tempted to go on one of the Penn State forum boards and ask; "Is the Penn State vs. Iowa game a rivalry yet?"

Decided against swatting that hornets nest.
What's funny is I remember reading PSU boards in 2019 where the consensus opinion on Iowa was PSU had beaten Iowa enough times that the posters didn't feel it was a rivalry at all. I've always thought it wasn't a rivalry until everyone got hurt in a meaningful way. PSU is clearly hurt today, and I always wondered what would have become of 2017 were it not for Sequon Barkley.

Once you realize that being an Iowa fan means you are the cowboy that wears the black hat, life becomes much more entertaining. Reading opponents message boards the days after a team gets Ferentzed always makes me laugh. It's always the same; we should have won 50-10, they got no talent, would have won were it not for *insert turnover or injury here*, we'd beat them 9 out of 10 times.

What's funny is I remember reading PSU boards in 2019 where the consensus opinion on Iowa was PSU had beaten Iowa enough times that the posters didn't feel it was a rivalry at all. I've always thought it wasn't a rivalry until everyone got hurt in a meaningful way. PSU is clearly hurt today, and I always wondered what would have become of 2017 were it not for Sequon Barkley.

Once you realize that being an Iowa fan means you are the cowboy that wears the black hat, life becomes much more entertaining. Reading opponents message boards the days after a team gets Ferentzed always makes me laugh. It's always the same; we should have won 50-10, they got no talent, would have won were it not for *insert turnover or injury here*, we'd beat them 9 out of 10 times.
Or like our friend in SEC country who did his little podcast and said Iowa didn't pass the eyeball test and should have never beat his "boys" who looked like a real team. Loved a guy in Mississippi calling out an Iowa team as not being good enough to beat them. I do believe we sent more guys from that team to the NFL than they did. There simple is no rivalry between Purdue in football that is outside the normal competition. Now Purdue basketball and Iowa have a little history going back a ways.

Or like our friend in SEC country who did his little podcast and said Iowa didn't pass the eyeball test and should have never beat his "boys" who looked like a real team. Loved a guy in Mississippi calling out an Iowa team as not being good enough to beat them. I do believe we sent more guys from that team to the NFL than they did. There simple is no rivalry between Purdue in football that is outside the normal competition. Now Purdue basketball and Iowa have a little history going back a ways.

My favorite of all time. This guy is like the Mississippi St. equivalent to Jon Miller.

My favorite of all time. This guy is like the Mississippi St. equivalent to Jon Miller.
This is hilarious, I have never seen this before! This guy is Great Value Jon Miller.

If you scripted a parody you couldn't make it funnier than this.