Frustrating...

We didn't rely on 25 foot three pointers. We shot a few of them but we hardly relied on them. We only took 10 three pointers in the second half. We were 8-15 in the first half in the paint. Second half we were 10-17. We were getting the ball inside better but for shots in the paint we simply didn't shoot a good enough percent.
OK

IMO MSU is the second best team in the nation. They have a MSU record B1G winning streak. Iowa played well enough to win this game in every facet except putting the ball thruough the basket and not what you would hope on the defensive boards. They took good shots most of the game, had I think a season low in TOs, turned MSU over 19 times and played with great defensive energy. If Iowa plays the game the way they did Thursday and just has an average to slightly below average shooting night (and gets to the line a reasonable amount), they will win the next 7 games.

The problem with your post is that JBO HAS gotten Cook many easy inside scores, as well as good numbers of assists to Garza. Look at his assist to turnover ratio during his 2 1/2 years at Iowa and where he will be after he graduates next year. Then I will listen to you.

When was the last 1st thru 3rd team All Amer pt guard the hawks have had or ever had?? Lester was 2nd Team AA and probably 1st or 2nd team Big Ten. BJ Armstrong I dont think got AA honors. Wow. these guys were great.

Jordan B is ok at the point. Not knocking but just comparing.

Yeah, tell it to good rebounders. Each one would tell you that position and desire are the two most important parts of getting a rebound. Jumping has less to do with it. If you block your man out properly, it doesn't matter if he can jump out of the gym - you've negated his rebounding ability. And if you watch, Garza's footwork is excellent. He works hard and gets good position. We even saw a couple of "team rebounds" where the ball hit the floor because we boxed out so well.
I’m answering the foul disparity topic .

Latest posts