Frost at nubby

yeah everybody over here has been talking about how difficult their schedule is the next couple years, and how this was the year to "get healthy" and to "show flashes of growth". The announcers are all quick to defend frost but the coordinators gotta go, they aren't big ten level coordinators, can't coach kids, etc. Everytime frost is on tv he talks about the culture needing to improve. You are the number one guy in charge of culture there boss. How bout start by not putting Maurice Washington in a game because he was the only chance to save your struggling offense? that would be a culture thing.

Yep...Frost is the lead culture guy...and he's throwing everyone under the bus. KF would be saying we need to do better as coaches. During his early years, KF took ownership of everything they needed to do...he protected his players.

Take a look at what Les Miles has done at Kansas in two years. He's changing the culture of that program...and his kids play for him. Now, they still aren't very good, but they have beaten Boston College and Texas Tech this year and they had Texas beat until the referees stepped in. They have played toe to toe with every team in the B12 until their depth sinks them in the second half.

Nebraska should have hired the Mad Hatter.

I Saw 19S try NOT to make a tackle and avoid contact on 2 plays during Purdue’s winning drive. Mouth-dropping.

Frost said that defense played “great” and the coaches need to do “better”

Steven Sipple said the defense “collapsed” and is willing to not call them blackshirts.
I was shocked at the number of missed tackles all day long. Had to be double digits at least.

They really had the schedule THIS year to make an improvement. I figured they would win 7 or 8 games....very glad to be wrong. I believe they also lose a lot on D next year...so combine it with that schedule, yes they could be in big trouble again.

Is it possible to lose something you never really had? Sounds like a Manti Te'o imaginary girlfriend debate.

The problem stems back to the Reilly era. They should of fired him a year earlier and went after Les Miles when they had the chance. Frost really needed a few more years at a non power 5 school to earn his dues. He was so ill prepared to take over a power 5 program. He bought into their hype that he was going to be the one to turn it all around. Big ass mistake Nebraska.

I happen to think it was a great hire. Can't wait for their next one.

Hawk fan who lives in Omaha. His seat is in no way hot. The guys everybody is taking their heat out on over here is the two coordinators. Radio and tv guys over here and the papers have been trashing walters and the dcoordinator all week, talking about how they suck as coaches and aren't the guys. In no way is frost in trouble over here.

This is how it starts though. Fire coordinators, results don't change. Eventually when they run out of coordinators the head coach is the only one left to fire. Frankly, I don't even know just how good Frost is as a coach. He left Oregon but the offense kept rolling. He left UCF and they have just kept on trucking along. Hell they were good before Frost got there. Seems those schools don't miss him much.

This is why Iowa needs to get out fast, capitalize, and beat them down like the dogs they are

Agreed but, but it seems that every situation calls for going slow, running the ball, chewing clock, grinding them down. "that's who we are".

When you are a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

If, and this is highly probable, Nebraska is 5-6, it will be a real interesting game to end the season. Iowa will be their play in game..............
Nebraska cheering for bowl eligibility! ! !

LB.jpg

Moos must have graduated from this guy's Ministry of Propaganda.
Priceless!! ROFLLLL

This is how it starts though. Fire coordinators, results don't change. Eventually when they run out of coordinators the head coach is the only one left to fire. Frankly, I don't even know just how good Frost is as a coach. He left Oregon but the offense kept rolling. He left UCF and they have just kept on trucking along. Hell they were good before Frost got there. Seems those schools don't miss him much.
It would have almost been better for him to go back to FCS and actually build a program and prove himself capable. No different than Brian in that regard.

Finebaum is out of his mind. This isn't the Big 12. He isn't going to get the athletes necessary for "multiple national titles" and he certainly isn't going to get the linemen.

Latest posts