Friday night's Main Event Live from Icy Iowa City: Michigan vs Iowa Game Thread

I thought for sure the announcers jinxed us earlier in the game when they pointed out Michigan’s struggles on the road.

If I recall correctly CJ missed his first three shot attempts from the floor. Which means he finished the game 6/6 including 3/3 from 3 and 6/6 free throws for 20 points.

I don’t think it can be understated how efficient of a shooter/scorer he is. He could be a legitimate 50/40/90 guy at this level (he won’t get to 90% free throws this year because he’s missed a few that were likely just adjusting to this level similar to Wieskamp last year).

But the thing is he’s so much more than a shooter. He can set up others, move without the ball, and finish around the hoop. His defense is pretty good as well. Kid is a stud

These guys don't panic

They just know they can come back

Nerves of Steel

Ice Water running in their veins

And ATTITUDE, BABY
Joe T and CJ have put a couple of more guys with some attitude on the floor and I don’t mean attitude as in Vagner smug ass attitude who was being a very public smug ass and CJ was giving some of it back in a less public chirping.

Last word is always the best word, ya little euro smug ass.

If I recall correctly CJ missed his first three shot attempts from the floor. Which means he finished the game 6/6 including 3/3 from 3 and 6/6 free throws for 20 points.

I don’t think it can be understated how efficient of a shooter/scorer he is. He could be a legitimate 50/40/90 guy at this level (he won’t get to 90% free throws this year because he’s missed a few that were likely just adjusting to this level similar to Wieskamp last year).

But the thing is he’s so much more than a shooter. He can set up others, move without the ball, and finish around the hoop. His defense is pretty good as well. Kid is a stud
That dude is just a player. He could be one Hawk that is unforgettable.

by the way, to the fans at the game ...

giphy.gif

Well done! It sounded loud and like a home court advantage.

See you in the next round

Did you happen to notice the free throw discrepancy?
It’s going to be like that when the plan was to hack-a-Hawk.

And Bardo needs to use his brain when talking about foul discrepancy spread and nearly identical points in the paint — Michigan spreads it more and has guards/slashers beat their man to the basket = less fouls

Iowa pounds it inside = more fouls

It’s going to be like that when the plan was to hack-a-Hawk.

And Bardo needs to use his brain when talking about foul discrepancy spread and nearly identical points in the paint — Michigan spreads it more and has guards/slashers beat their man to the basket = less fouls

Iowa pounds it inside = more fouls
I’m just glad this team is tough as nails . Definitely tougher then all the fans crying like a bunch of women about the refs . Jesus Christ it’s big ten basketball . You get some calls or you don’t get some calls . The players know to just keep playing through it

Latest posts