Friday news dump?

Better rethink this for tonight:

Fans are encouraged to wear black clothing to Friday's game for the annual "Blackout." The Hawkeyes will be wearing their black uniforms for Friday's "Blackout."

I'm guilty of knowing right away what the problem was. People like you are less racist than people like me one could say. I only made the connection after I knew that something was wrong tho. The people who made the connection right away are way more racist.

Maybe I'm just fortunate that I was raised in this great state and in all my years in school etc never ever heard anything about monkeys and blacks. I think context is king, and in this case the context of the postgame... its pretty clear Dolph was complimenting the guy's dominance inside. I wonder who ever brought this up to begin with or made an issue of it? I'm wondering where the whole issue with it started from. Up until this, I didn't see any social media out cry or PC people trying to beat a drum about it. Until this release today, I wouldn't have even known it was an issue.

I wonder who ever brought this up to begin with or made an issue of it?
This is my question as well. It happens all of the time when one side of the political aisle accuses the other side of something stupid. I get it. That's what they're supposed to do (I guess). But this has to come from someone that just wants him out. When someone's job is to talk a lot, it would be easy to twist something that anyone says when one has hundreds of hours of tape to listen to. Ridiculous.

Would it have been ok if he said "Fernando was a man among boys" or is that considered ageist and a suspendable offense?

Maybe I'm just fortunate that I was raised in this great state and in all my years in school etc never ever heard anything about monkeys and blacks. I think context is king, and in this case the context of the postgame... its pretty clear Dolph was complimenting the guy's dominance inside. I wonder who ever brought this up to begin with or made an issue of it? I'm wondering where the whole issue with it started from. Up until this, I didn't see any social media out cry or PC people trying to beat a drum about it. Until this release today, I wouldn't have even known it was an issue.

It's sad that Dolph will lose his job so dishonorably because the player he complimented happened to be black. If Bruno happened to be a white player, Dolph would be calling the game tonight like nothing happened. Instead he's likely done and branded for life. Man is that messed up.

Would it have been ok if he said "Fernando was a man among boys" or is that considered ageist and a suspendable offense?

Dolph "Bruno was the Incredible Hulk of the post".

U of I " sorry Dolph but you're suspended"

Dolph "what did I do?"

U of I "you referred to Bruno as the Incredible Hulk and we all know that he is really violent and some people say black people are violent".

But this has to come from someone that just wants him out.

McCaffery_Fran.JPG

Played a lot of the King Kong video game as a kid. Not once did I ever think "I gotta save that white lady from that big black guy."

I'm gunna make my 5 year old throw away his Donkey Kong Country video game today so he doesn't grow up racist.

I'm not a huge Dolph fan like I've stated numerous times. But he's a good ole boy and he's one of ours and this has me teed up a lil. I know him and Fran haven't gotten along, I still have a hard time believing that Fran is behind this? It will spill out on the podcasts tho and if he is, that puts a dent in my support.

This is my question as well. It happens all of the time when one side of the political aisle accuses the other side of something stupid. I get it. That's what they're supposed to do (I guess). But this has to come from someone that just wants him out. When someone's job is to talk a lot, it would be easy to twist something that anyone says when one has hundreds of hours of tape to listen to. Ridiculous.

Yes exactly, something smells here. Usually this kind of thing (suspension) comes out from all kinds of pressure from social media or something. In this case, there was NOTHING that any of us have seen on this out there. It just almost appears like a hit job, where someone was specifically looking to find something to nab him on and dug this up and went straight to the U fo I. Just seems really fishy.

My friend had a good one that I thought I would share. He said "its racist to say Bohannon is shooting lights out because lights out is dark and dark is black and black is racist". It made me lol.

Yes exactly, something smells here. Usually this kind of thing (suspension) comes out from all kinds of pressure from social media or something. In this case, there was NOTHING that any of us have seen on this out there. It just almost appears like a hit job, where someone was specifically looking to find something to nab him on and dug this up and went straight to the U fo I. Just seems really fishy.

I don't think there is a 60 year old man alive that could have even connected the dots to that racism so I highly doubt it was Fran. And I mean that literally too. Not a single man alive in that age group on the entire planet that has the mental makeup to make that connection. If Fran is behind it, then he has an accomplice that is under 30.

Fran and the team addressed the MD episode.
They moved on.
If Fran IS still pissed about that, don’t blame him one bit - it was an attack on the staff and Maishe from The Voice of the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Dolphin should be terminated, because he can’t accurately broadcast a basketball game - not this.

And ON GAME DAY again - Barta does a release....what a clueless piece of garbage.

Latest posts