Friday news dump?

So, let me get this shit straight. It's ok to blatantly (in the eyes of a fucking jury) discriminate against someone based on gender and sexual orientation, but it's a fireable offense to refer to someone owning the post in a game as King Kong of the Post? If this shit ends up true, I seriously need to contemplate whether I continue following Uof I sports. F!

Would be pretty funny if Dolph got fired for this considering Barta's treatment of lesbians in the past never led to his termination.

funny = hypocritical

buddys this is the excuse that fran needed to get him out.

no one actually thinks he was being racist. fran jumped on this and is pushing him out

It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out. I have more issues with the Dailey comments as it was a shot at a college kid as well as the coaching staffs ability to recruit, justified or not.

This seems to be just taking a statement that was meant to be a compliment about a player out of context.

D0CQnd4X4AM2ikh.jpg:large

If Dolph wasn't an extreme racist, he would have called Bruno the Godzilla of the post. I'm glad there are people out there that remembered that black people are sometimes referred to as monkeys so they could point out this blatant racism.

That occurred to me. They are the ones associating apes with the AA race. Not Dolph.

I just heard the quote on the radio in the post game. I was actually not sure what the problem was until they started explaining it. I'm not sure if I'm just that naive or I just don't think in racist ways or what. I heard it and just pictured a guy super strong pushing his way around inside, never would have ever associated it with anything racial at all. I feel for today's announcers, because literally someone could have an issue with about everything you say if they want to. How do you win?

So, who was outraged by this? Where were the mobs calling for this? Why if your the U of I do you let this even become a thing? There had to be heat right? I hadn't seen 1 thing about it til about an hour before announcement. Typically if your doing something like this, there's a wave of bad press leading up to it. It makes no sense. Iowa was 0-2 without Dolph before tonight - if we lose I am gonna freak out. Every single Iowa hoops season seems to have some sort of fing drama attached to it now. It's like Iowa hoops has become Nebraska football.

I just heard the quote on the radio in the post game. I was actually not sure what the problem was until they started explaining it. I'm not sure if I'm just that naive or I just don't think in racist ways or what. I heard it and just pictured a guy super strong pushing his way around inside, never would have ever associated it with anything racial at all. I feel for today's announcers, because literally someone could have an issue with about everything you say if they want to. How do you win?

I'm guilty of knowing right away what the problem was. People like you are less racist than people like me one could say. I only made the connection after I knew that something was wrong tho. The people who made the connection right away are way more racist.