Fran's Contract

friend, if you would pick matt gatens over cook as first pick in a pickup game, i wouldn't want to be on your team. look, matt gatens was a tough, hard-nosed player with an engine and he was a good leader. he had a fantastic SR season, but you're describing him to have better athleticism than a kid who's probably turning pro after this season; and Gatens couldn't even stick in Europe.

View attachment 3029
So you think a 6’9 guy who is a poor mid range shooter and happens to be the same height as Larry Bird has a skill set that translates to the NBA??? The stats you put up proves my point that Gatens was a better overall player because what would the comparison be if I took out dunks and layups? It would have even more disparity. If Jok didn’t get drafted they sure as hell won’t draft Cook. PS it would be a lot harder to find someone to guard Gatens then Cook in a pickup basketball game especially when one player is limited to scoring within five feet of the hoop

friend, if you would pick matt gatens over cook as first pick in a pickup game, i wouldn't want to be on your team. look, matt gatens was a tough, hard-nosed player with an engine and he was a good leader. he had a fantastic SR season, but you're describing him to have better athleticism than a kid who's probably turning pro after this season; and Gatens couldn't even stick in Europe.

View attachment 3029
You think Tyler Cook is NBA draft material after this season? Or are you talking over seas pro?

You think Tyler Cook is NBA draft material after this season? Or are you talking over seas pro?

NBA. Pay attention from here on out. TC's ball handling is top tier for his size and he could be a matchup nightmare. He's developing his jumper, now. he's becoming above average consistency with it. If that continues, he doesn't really have anything else to develop to go to the NBA.

Gatens, on the other hand, played some in Europe.

NBA. Pay attention from here on out. TC's ball handling is top tier for his size and he could be a matchup nightmare. He's developing his jumper, now. he's becoming above average consistency with it. If that continues, he doesn't really have anything else to develop to go to the NBA.

Above average consistency? I don't think so. He also has a long way to go on the defensive end and rebounding. No way he sticks on an NBA team after this season.

Above average consistency? I don't think so. He also has a long way to go on the defensive end and rebounding. No way he sticks on an NBA team after this season.
he wouldn’t stick on a D team

You are coo coo for coco puffs. He is the same height as Larry Bird and James worthy . He is one inch taller than Lebron and only 2 inches taller than Clay Thompson. You are really underestimating the talent of the NBA. He isn’t quick enough to guard the perimeter and h can’t shoot a basketball like a perimeter player. If he was 7’1 with his skill set he would have a shot .

he wouldn’t stick on a D team

i'm damn sure you aren't iowa's chief recruiter. sounds like you wouldn't have even recruited Cook. Cook is a dominant force in the B1G playing on a last place team. how much pub and hype do you think he's going to get? little. but that's ok.

You are coo coo for coco puffs. He is the same height as Larry Bird and James worthy . He is one inch taller than Lebron and only 2 inches taller than Clay Thompson. You are really underestimating the talent of the NBA. He isn’t quick enough to guard the perimeter and h can’t shoot a basketball like a perimeter player. If he was 7’1 with his skill set he would have a shot .

You are the one comparing him to Larry Bird, James Worthy. I said he is an NBA player. I didn't say we was a NBA hall of famer. its clear we disagree and that's a-okay. but you're arguments aren't very supportive of your position.

You are the one comparing him to Larry Bird, James Worthy. I said he is an NBA player. I didn't say we was a NBA hall of famer. its clear we disagree and that's a-okay. but you're arguments aren't very supportive of your position.
I also compared him to Jok . You could also compare him to Marble if you want . Both of their skill sets were better and neither one of them made it. I hope he proves me wrong but I know I’m right.

i'm damn sure you aren't iowa's chief recruiter. sounds like you wouldn't have even recruited Cook. Cook is a dominant force in the B1G playing on a last place team. how much pub and hype do you think he's going to get? little. but that's ok.
I wouldn’t have recruited Cook . He doesn’t have the skill set that I look for . It’s a shame the Koch is on a lousy northern Iowa team instead of being on Iowa . He would be our starting center . He has a better skill set than Garza . We need better players that are also athletic . This coaching staff needs to work harder at recruiting. That doesn’t mean I want them to lose . I bleed black and gold

I also compared him to Jok . You could also compare him to Marble if you want . Both of their skill sets were better and neither one of them made it. I hope he proves me wrong but I know I’m right.

Jok's only chance at the NBA was to be an elite shooter (which he is) but would also have to play defense; which he doesn't do very well at all. RDM was a streaky player who didn't have great handles or a great shot but had a knack at getting to the rim and getting fouled and at 6'7", he would have been a nice guard to have, if he was talented enough. He just isn't talented enough for the NBA. He was a long shot to stick and so was Jok.

I wouldn’t have recruited Cook . He doesn’t have the skill set that I look for . It’s a shame the Koch is on a lousy northern Iowa team instead of being on Iowa . He would be our starting center . He has a better skill set than Garza . We need better players that are also athletic . This coaching staff needs to work harder at recruiting. That doesn’t mean I want them to lose . I bleed black and gold

Alright. Koch instead of Cook and Garza.

Jok's only chance at the NBA was to be an elite shooter (which he is) but would also have to play defense; which he doesn't do very well at all. RDM was a streaky player who didn't have great handles or a great shot but had a knack at getting to the rim and getting fouled and at 6'7", he would have been a nice guard to have, if he was talented enough. He just isn't talented enough for the NBA. He was a long shot to stick and so was Jok.
Cook is an even longer shot because of his limited skill set . You proved my point. Who was the 6’9 kid Fran landed from Texas? Jones? He had great skills and no doubt he would have had a great couple of seasons if he would have stayed healthy.

Cook is an even longer shot because of his limited skill set . You proved my point. Who was the 6’9 kid Fran landed from Texas? Jones? He had great skills and no doubt he would have had a great couple of seasons if he would have stayed healthy.

dude, if you're referring to the JUCO kid "from Texas" then you mean Dale Jones and he is from Waterloo, IA. He also had multiple knee injuries (at least 2) and you're comparing his fate to that of a kid who hasn't had any injuries? put down the shovel smith and stop digging.

dude, if you're referring to the JUCO kid "from Texas" then you mean Dale Jones and he is from Waterloo, IA. He also had multiple knee injuries (at least 2) and you're comparing his fate to that of a kid who hasn't had any injuries? put down the shovel smith and stop digging.
Fate? All I said was that Jones had the great skill set that Fran should always be bringing in . It’s a shame he got hurt. I forgot he is from Waterloo but the JUCO was in Texas .

Do you think this is Cook's last season @ Iowa?

Latest posts