Fran's contract extension was premature

Sorry Jon I totally disagree here. Fans can have their expectations met by reaching the tourament and be incredibly frustrated at the same time based on what has happened with the team the last few weeks. That loss last night defies all rational thought.

You can't look at this as a team that will make the tourney in a vacuum and not look at the context of what has happened. There is something flat out busted with this team, and that is as much Fran's fault as the good job he has done rebuilding the program.

Over the top, whining, fire everybody crap is annoying, but the frustration is justified. This is a team that looks like it can't wait to reactivate their twitter accounts as soon as possible.

#transferring could get trending big time when that day comes.

You got it.

It's an ignorant opinion..ignorant of the big picture, which is what the program needs and what an AD looks at. When he was hired, most everyone said year four would be the first realistic year for the team to make it to the NCAA's given the utter crater of a waste hole the program had devolved into. While it's not with momentum or fanfare, they're likely in the tournament...in year four.

The arena is full again, people are interested. The team plays an entertaining brand of basketball. Fran is recruiting to be expected.

So, that's why its ignorant. Because the expectations of some fans are out of whack and they are insufferable in their self loathing.

The team has met your expectations which, of course, weren't out of whack lofty?

The team has met your expectations which, of course, weren't out of whack lofty?

Jon is on record as saying 13-5 would be on the low end of Iowa's possible B1G record on a podcast earlier in the year. Not sure of the date but it was after B1G play started.

You got it.

It's an ignorant opinion..ignorant of the big picture, which is what the program needs and what an AD looks at. When he was hired, most everyone said year four would be the first realistic year for the team to make it to the NCAA's given the utter crater of a waste hole the program had devolved into. While it's not with momentum or fanfare, they're likely in the tournament...in year four.

The arena is full again, people are interested. The team plays an entertaining brand of basketball. Fran is recruiting to be expected.

So, that's why its ignorant. Because the expectations of some fans are out of whack and they are insufferable in their self loathing.

I'm not sure the defense or half-court offense is very entertaining right now.....but I suppose that goes with losing 6 out of 7 games. But, it is not Lick Ball I suppose.

Francis talked to Kurt, who told Francis to ask for the Barta Special.

barta5.jpg

Precedent, baby.

But at least under Lick apathy set in much earlier. Usually after the first loss to a mid major. Now we all get our hopes and expectations up only to have them smashed all to hell.

Better than the previous coach, stands full, excitement about the program, mediocre to disappointing results, average overall record, ho hum postseason results.....

Fran is Paul Rhodes

Fred Hoiberg has done a phenomenal job. Incredible. Frankly, it may be one of the best hires given the risk and zero experience I can think of. They do things a different way and it has worked...and many Iowa fans wouldnt tolerate taking transfers....at least, that's what they act like

I hope Fran embraces the way Fred has built that program and start doing that himself.

fran is at Mr. Davis level ('90-99)

with the exception of '93 and '99, the typical davis year was 9-9, and the recruiting drew the ire of fans

kill the fire fran talk until after the 2015 class signs

add 1 or 2 more top 150 talents to hutton and you have an excellent class

I hope Fran embraces the way Fred has built that program and start doing that himself.

It's too late now. He's 4 years behind the founder and proprietor of Hoiball and located less than 150 miles from the corporate headquarters at Hilton Coliseum. ISU is developing (or by the looks of it HAS developed) a pipeline down to IHCC and over to IWCC and they are going to get looks from every immediately eligible transfer that comes available.

Fran needs to come up with something different, because it's too late to start beating ISU at the game they invented.

Latest posts