Frank Kaminsky = What Adam Woodbury could be?

Yes, but none of them were the 12th player taken the NBA draft.

lohaus and Earl were 1st rounders, jepsen was a 2nd rounder........If that happens to Woodbury his career at Iowa will have been successful.....I get what what you are saying, though.

Honestly, to see Woody play at FK's level a year from now would be remarkable.

Maybe....maybe, at the end of his career.

What you mean Maybe? Come on folks! Adam doesn't have the skill set of Kaminsky.

Let me ask you people who think Adam can be as good as Frank Kaminski. Do any of you see Adam playing the role of Dirk Nowitski in the NBA? That is what I saw last night in Kaminskiy that dude can flat out ball and has all the tools to become that type of player in the NBA. Will he, I don't have that answer but I know for a fact that Adam Woodbury will never have those tools. NEVER!

Wisconsin will be scary good next year. Decker and Kaminsky returning. Wow!!!

What you mean Maybe? Come on folks! Adam doesn't have the skill set of Kaminsky.

Let me ask you people who think Adam can be as good as Frank Kaminski. Do any of you see Adam playing the role of Dirk Nowitski in the NBA? That is what I saw last night in Kaminskiy that dude can flat out ball and has all the tools to become that type of player in the NBA. Will he, I don't have that answer but I know for a fact that Adam Woodbury will never have those tools. NEVER!

Wisconsin will be scary good next year. Decker and Kaminsky returning. Wow!!!

It's possible for Woody to be as good as Kaminsky and not have an outside shot. They're different styles, for sure. But Larry Bird and Magic didn't exactly have the same skill sets, yet it's not outrageous to think one was as good as the other.

It's possible for Woody to be as good as Kaminsky and not have an outside shot. They're different styles, for sure. But Larry Bird and Magic didn't exactly have the same skill sets, yet it's not outrageous to think one was as good as the other.

???

You threw out how Kaminsky can step outside and hit threes, etc., and how that's why Woody will never be as good as Kaminsky. But they're different kinds of players. If Woody were to become a dominating post presence, he could easily make a similar impact without having the exact same skill set.

Dirk has a very versatile skill set. Shaq spent all his time around the rim. That doesn't mean Dirk is/was a better player than Shaq.

well woodbury does have a decent jump shot... but not quite the range as kaminsky..

woodbury handles the ball okay for a big man... but not like FK does.

Woodbury plays straight up.... no bend

Last edited:
I think his ceiling is Jared Reiner(s) (I can't even remember if it's Reiner or Reiners). Jared was getting pretty good by his junior year and would have been even better by his senior year but injuries took that away I believe.

Yeah, as been stated, just a bad comparison. Woody is poised for a large jump, and he will be very good his last two years at Iowa, but he won't be an outside threat like Kaminsky.

This program needs to take a large jump. Gets old watching the tournament every year while our team sits at home. Then comes the next year fans (see Chicago Cubs) who start talking about maybe next year. Is someone going to step up and be more than they were this past season? If not this could get ugly with Marble and Basabe gone. Jok maybe one of the answers but will he bring consistency? The same question will have to be asked about Woody. Those were 6'8" guys he played against on Tennessee not the 6'11 and 7' from the Big Ten. I guess the Cubs have beaten me up for so long I am just tired of the B.S. next year talk for both the football and basketball programs. I am usually a glass is half full type of person but screw that it's time for a nice cool full glass of water........ go cubs :(

This program needs to take a large jump. Gets old watching the tournament every year while our team sits at home. Then comes the next year fans (see Chicago Cubs) who start talking about maybe next year. Is someone going to step up and be more than they were this past season? If not this could get ugly with Marble and Basabe gone. Jok maybe one of the answers but will he bring consistency? The same question will have to be asked about Woody. Those were 6'8" guys he played against on Tennessee not the 6'11 and 7' from the Big Ten. I guess the Cubs have beaten me up for so long I am just tired of the B.S. next year talk for both the football and basketball programs. I am usually a glass is half full type of person but screw that it's time for a nice cool full glass of water........ go cubs :(
Deep breaths dude......Cubs are in a tie for first!!!!

Latest posts