Frank Kaminsky = What Adam Woodbury could be?

ottoman89

Everytime I watch Frank Kaminsky play.. I feel like he's what Adam Woodbury could be and/or will be. Solid outside shot and good inside moves.

Am I the only one that sees this?

You're the only one.

2 totally different players. I think Adam will be slightly better inside and outside and overall Kaminsky is a much better player because of the unique versatility he has for a 7 footer.

I'm not sure I'd say slightly better on both games. Kaminsky (watching last night) had some very, smooth inside moves and touch.. and hit a couple 3's. I'm yet to see Woodbury constantly knockdown any mid-long range shots.

Kaminsky is a year ahead of Adam. What I should have said is that I think Adam's inside game as a junior will be slightly better than Kaminsky's.

Adam will never have the outside game that Frank does which is again why he's such a tough guard.

Different type of player, but impact the game the same...yes. Wisconsin about blew that game by not feeding FK, Woodbury has a way to go, but he is good enough to demand some attention. Woodbury needs to get the jumper in hand...will never be a 3-pt shooter.

Adam needs touches on the block, if the double comes he is a good passer, if not he can use both hands. The biggest issue is he has the frame to add another 30 lbs and needs to.

Will Woodbury be a first team all big player...probably not, but he can have a huge impact with more strength.

Kaminsky is a very good player and well ahead of Adam and I think will be in the conference POY to start next season...don't think Adam will get to that level.

Everytime I watch Frank Kaminsky play.. I feel like he's what Adam Woodbury could be and/or will be. Solid outside shot and good inside moves.

Am I the only one that sees this?

I certainly don't see Adam Woodbury stepping out to the 3 pt line. I don't even want him outside the paint.

Woodbury made some strides this year. That said, I don't see him evolving like Kaminsky. No outside shot like him and Woodbury gets blocked by the rim on some of his dunk attempts.

Now, if Mr. Davis was coaching him, I wonder how much further Woodbury would develop by his senior year? Alas, we will never know.

Kaminsky was a guard in high school until growing 7 inches in one year. He developed an inside game after that, and somehow managed to keep a lot of his agility.

I think Woodbury can become a near-dominant post player if he continues to improve, but he doesn't have the foot speed or versatility to play like Kaminsky does.

I'm not sure I'd say slightly better on both games. Kaminsky (watching last night) had some very, smooth inside moves and touch.. and hit a couple 3's. I'm yet to see Woodbury constantly knockdown any mid-long range shots.

This. Woodbury better work on his jumper, because he is nowhere near reliable enough yet in that area.

I understand that this is a Woodbury improvement meme but I would like to point out kam having 28 out of 64 total points.

I don't see Fran allowing that to happen. Woody will be good as junior and great as senior ... it is up to Fran to play to his teams strengths.

Fran is a smart guy... I believe he will figure this out.

Two different players. Kaminsky can put the ball on the floor and work. Woody can't and likely never will be able to do it like FK can. One of the announcers was saying that FK was a 6'3" PG when he grew 7 inches in 11th grade. IIRC. That's why he can do what he does. It just took him a little while to catch up with his growth spurt.

I understand that this is a Woodbury improvement meme but I would like to point out kam having 28 out of 64 total points.

I don't see Fran allowing that to happen. Woody will be good as junior and great as senior ... it is up to Fran to play to his teams strengths.

Fran is a smart guy... I believe he will figure this out.

two months ago I believed this. Not so much anymore.

Honestly, to see Woody play at FK's level a year from now would be remarkable.

Maybe....maybe, at the end of his career.

A long time ago, in a land far, far away, Iowa had a 7-footer that progressed more than Kaminsky. In '69 Kevin Kunnert graduated from Dubuque Wahlert. He was awful. Kunnert was so bad that at 6'10" he couldn't even start for Wahlert's basketball team. However, Ralph took a chance on him.

He worked his butt off. Kunnert lead the Big Ten in rebounding his Jr. & Sr. seasons & was the 12th player taken in the NBA draft.

A long time ago, in a land far, far away, Iowa had a 7-footer that progressed more than Kaminsky. In '69 Kevin Kunnert graduated from Dubuque Wahlert. He was awful. Kunnert was so bad that at 6'10" he couldn't even start for Wahlert's basketball team. However, Ralph took a chance on him.

He worked his butt off. Kunnert lead the Big Ten in rebounding his Jr. & Sr. seasons & was the 12th player taken in the NBA draft.

Les Jepsen, Acie Earl, Brad Lohaus had similar stories it is not unprecedented.

Latest posts