Francis officially the first assistant

BTW i dont doubt this is true but how do you know?

I cant find anything official yet. Link?

Im going to quote myself because i decided to stop being lazy and make a couple phone calls. This has been double confirmed and Andrew is going to be hired. Im not joking....we have double confirmation

A friend of mine who is a member of one of the paying sites told me it is on the "private boards" there, and will be announced later this week. Take it for what it is worth. And no, I am not trying to break any rules, or p--- anyone off.

I would imagine that the entire staff will be announced at the same time. I would be surprised if that does not happen in the next day or so.

None of the premium sites are reporting that Francis has been hired. It is just a poster on a premium board. There is nothing close to anything official from Iowa, the newspapers, or any the premium sites.

Nobody can provide a substantive link to anything! He may be hired but there is nothing anywhere to confirm this post.

A friend of mine who is a member of one of the paying sites told me it is on the "private boards" there, and will be announced later this week. Take it for what it is worth. And no, I am not trying to break any rules, or p--- anyone off.

Don't worry about it. Its like paying for a newspaper and discussing it with someone who hasn't read the article. No big deal.

Most of those guys over there get there panties in a wad over anything,.... thanks for sharing..

On the Rivals site Blair has started a thread "Looks like first assistant coach on board".
If I had to guess being that Francis interviewed today he was the one hired.

Francis has pretty much been in the fold since McCaffery was hired. The next hires will be the ones with intrigue

Jon,

I agree with you that it has been a foregone conclusion that Francis was coming to Iowa.

My problem with the OP is that he stated it was "official" based on absolutely nothing other than a post on a premium site. Iowa has not announced any assistant coaches.

There is almost as much evidence out there to post that it is "official" that Fuller is transferring.

Jon,

I agree with you that it has been a foregone conclusion that Francis was coming to Iowa.

My problem with the OP is that he stated it was "official" based on absolutely nothing other than a post on a premium site. Iowa has not announced any assistant coaches.

There is almost as much evidence out there to post that it is "official" that Fuller is transferring.

First of all, I realize Francis has been in the fold from day one. I was not trying to throw out something crazy here. Just passing along info that I had. I specifically said, "take it for what it's worth."

I apologize to you, columbus, and to you, Mr. Miller. I guess I am not allowed to do such a thing. God forbid that someone around here posts something before Jon. Go ahead everyone, get in line to kiss Jon's backside and take shots at me.

I will go take my "timeout." (as soon as I get 'banned')

First of all, I realize Francis has been in the fold from day one. I was not trying to throw out something crazy here. Just passing along info that I had. I specifically said, "take it for what it's worth."

I apologize to you, columbus, and to you, Mr. Miller. I guess I am not allowed to do such a thing. God forbid that someone around here posts something before Jon. Go ahead everyone, get in line to kiss Jon's backside and take shots at me.

I will go take my "timeout." (as soon as I get 'banned')

LOL

I guess some folks assume that since you use the words 'official' there has been a press release or some on the record account...where you later came back and said that someone else had posted it would be announced later this week...more or less quibbling about verbiage.

Re: Francis officially the first assistant - 1 down 2 to go

With Francis now somewhat official, what/who are the potential options?

I think Fran lost his x and o/sounding board guy with Mitch getting the job at Siena.
Besides the Speraw talk, which seems to have slowed considerably, who are some other names that fit this profile. I think it is important to get a former head man(D1) who can offer that experience. Has the Morgan chatter died?

Anyone know if Mike Dunlap would be interested in being the #1 assistant. I thought maybe Lavin was looking at him...did that happen?

For the 2nd slot, I think you need an up and comer who has the energy to get out and recruit along with Francis.

From some posts, it sounds like all are involved in doing all aspects, but I still think these strengths should be sought initially.

Any opinions or names that fit the bill.

Would it be possible to go Speraw, Francis, Gamble or Dunlap, Francis, Bowen?

Latest posts