Fran Talks About Job Security

Well tk just answered my question. I agree kudos to him. Not sure how last place doesn't warrant a question about job security. His resume is far from a slam dunk to withstand a season this bad.

"Body of work." I think that is his one saving grace....besides Barta right now. His 2 NCAA in the past 4 years is getting him the millage (and his rebuild progress in the first 4 years).

But, if he has a couple more season of this or marginal improvement, it is going to be very hard to find supporters. I sure hope he fixes his defense and recruits and fixes the holes in his boat because it is taking on heavy water right now.

He is feeling the heat for sure.

What that clip shows me is the reporter’s difficulty in framing not even that rough of a question to ask of a struggling Iowa coach. And I’m sorry if that reporter was you, Rob.

This is Exhibit A in what many of us view as the Iowa sports media’s fear of treating the coaches (and AD) with anything but kid gloves.

In a larger market the questions would be a lot harsher.

Ban me now if you want.

What that clip shows me is the reporter’s difficulty in framing not even that rough of a question to ask of a struggling Iowa coach. And I’m sorry if that reporter was you, Rob.

This is Exhibit A in what many of us view as the Iowa sports media’s fear of treating the coaches (and AD) with anything but kid gloves.

In a larger market the questions would be a lot harsher.

Ban me now if you want.

He asked the question, what more should have he had done? I am not saying your wrong, I am just curious what he missed saying in your opinion.

I also don't think this was even testy from Fran, he answered the question with his opinion on it. He didn't raise his voice either.

Who asked the question? I love how he said "what do you mean, you're in last place". That took balls that most people think the local media doesn't have.
I can tell you with 100% confidence that this guy would never ask that question or anything close to it.

1TMSphKf_400x400.jpg

"Body of work" LOL! Which includes 2 NCAA appearances (3 if you count play-in games) in 8 seasons with early 2nd round exits. Just lighting the world on fire with all that postseason success!

The guy obviously knows he's untouchable since our AD is a dunce. I used to like Fran quite a bit, but his arrogance and temper have really worn thin on me.

It just didn't feel that testy to me... the "Because I said so" did.. this didn't. But IMO - GOOD - he should be f'ing testy. He should feel heat.

"But, you're in last place." LOL!!!

"Body of work." Really? two NCAA appearances in what 7-8 years isn't much. No Big 10 regular season titles, no Big tournament titles & a losing record vs ISU. I don't see a lot of "body of work" from Fran's perspective.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if this media guy has his media credentials revoked by Fran/Gutless Gary

In all honesty, Scott seems like a big teddy bear, but I bet he could take Fran in a fist fight.

He's a younger man, he probably can hold his own with the White Magic if they both go in knowing they're gonna duke. But I just can't ever imagine Scott being aggressive enough to even defend himself.