Fran sucked but don't blame it all on him.

Frederick and wiecamp airballing wide open 3's isn't on Fran... at some point players have to step the F up.

I blame fran for a lot of it.. but its not all on him

Can't have your 3 starting guards not even show up in the biggest game of the season.,

that's on them not Fran...
Amen brothers and sisters coaches do not play the game. However they do recruit players to play the game and obviously in a one and done format we did not have gamers

Amen brothers and sisters coaches do not play the game. However they do recruit players to play the game and obviously in a one and done format we did not have gamers
on a follow up note as far as Iowa sports Brands does recruit closers different sport however in the spot light they bring it may not win all the time but they bring it

The starting backcourt was out scored 63-0. Come to find out Connor has been playing with 2 injured labrums and he’s going to have surgery. WTF was he playing for?
Exactly. If Connor & CJ were too injured to play much in the 2nd half, they shouldn't have played in the 1st half when it was clear neither was moving well. Probably wouldn't have changed the outcome, but with the positive minutes Joe T. & Tony P. gave, it might've at least made it a more competitive game & given the Hawks a chance.

If player can't go 100 percent, he should let coach know. If coaches plays him anyway, coach has no confidence in backups and why did he recruit the backups then. He's a poor coach or recruiter. Don't blame injured players for poor showing. Mr. Davis got more out of players with lesser ability.

Last edited:
How many players on the bench who think they are equal to Cmac will transfer rather than sit behind coach's son another year?

How many players on the bench who think they are equal to Cmac will transfer rather than sit behind coach's son another year?
Well if it between CMac and some of their players on the bench who do have some potential then I would get the hell out of Iowa City. My beef is with Barta at the top of this Christ the Ferntez love fest (not that great) and now the McCraffrey love fest. It's "a family affair" oh sorry got in to a little Sly here.

I understand that this site is mainly used so people can complain about the football and basketball coach and more power to ya if it keeps you from beating your kids but Fran isn't why we lost this game.

I think Iowa beats any of the other 7 seeds in the tourney, I also think the committee did A super piss poor job of seeding this tournament. If that's by design to create excitement or because of some other factor who knows but how is a team with that record who won their regular season in a major conference only a 7 seed. It's also hard to win a track meet when the other team has fresh legs, I think if Oregon didn't get a free pass, with their rotation, they aren't making all of those threes.

This was deffinitnly Fran's best team and he can't control seeding or injuries. But I also think in two years he'll have his best team again and maybe they catch a better break on some of the things you can't control going their way.

I understand that this site is mainly used so people can complain about the football and basketball coach and more power to ya if it keeps you from beating your kids but Fran isn't why we lost this game.

I think Iowa beats any of the other 7 seeds in the tourney, I also think the committee did A super piss poor job of seeding this tournament. If that's by design to create excitement or because of some other factor who knows but how is a team with that record who won their regular season in a major conference only a 7 seed. It's also hard to win a track meet when the other team has fresh legs, I think if Oregon didn't get a free pass, with their rotation, they aren't making all of those threes.

This was deffinitnly Fran's best team and he can't control seeding or injuries. But I also think in two years he'll have his best team again and maybe they catch a better break on some of the things you can't control going their way.
Well I take issue with your comment about beating the kids bad taste my friend you apparently did not play sports maybe ping pong quick recovery on that one other than the hang over may hurt. Do not bitch about the seedings please you are in the tournament and you get what you get and then adapt or go home this one today has nothing to do with fresh legs Oregon had athletes who executed the coaches game plan and they freaking buried the Hawks questions?

Not sure what fantasy land you are living in where finding playing time for people is going to be an issue next year assuming we have three starters leaving and Fran has never had a problem playing 10 deep. It's also not a guarantee that cmac or nunge will be able to play at all next year.

I have coached high school basketball for 30 years, in the Iowa Hall of Fame, take that for what it is. Fran got schooled today, Dana Altman is a fantastic, underrated coach. I worked camps with Dana for a few years, the guy is grounded and really understands the game. He let Garza have his and spread his 6'6" athletic guys totally shut down everybody else. With our guys that isn't very difficult. Bohannon is lost and can't create a shot, love the kid but facts are facts. Weezy gets lost, not very confident and times and teams take him out. CJ should not of been playing AT ALL. He couldn't guard, he couldn't and wouldn't shoot, waste of a spot. Our best line up against Oregon should of been Joe T, Weezy, Keegan, Patrick and Garza. Quicker at the PG position, taller, more athletic and 3 guys who can create a shot off the dribble.

I was the guy who wanted Dana years ago as our coach, and I can tell you it was close to happening. Saw Dana last Christmas time at Scheels in Omaha, he remembered me. We had a nice conversation...he misses the mid-west.

I have coached high school basketball for 30 years, in the Iowa Hall of Fame, take that for what it is. Fran got schooled today, Dana Altman is a fantastic, underrated coach. I worked camps with Dana for a few years, the guy is grounded and really understands the game. He let Garza have his and spread his 6'6" athletic guys totally shut down everybody else. With our guys that isn't very difficult. Bohannon is lost and can't create a shot, love the kid but facts are facts. Weezy gets lost, not very confident and times and teams take him out. CJ should not of been playing AT ALL. He couldn't guard, he couldn't and wouldn't shoot, waste of a spot. Our best line up against Oregon should of been Joe T, Weezy, Keegan, Patrick and Garza. Quicker at the PG position, taller, more athletic and 3 guys who can create a shot off the dribble.

I was the guy who wanted Dana years ago as our coach, and I can tell you it was close to happening. Saw Dana last Christmas time at Scheels in Omaha, he remembered me. We had a nice conversation...he misses the mid-west.
Amen Brother and Dana is a hell of a good coach and yes he is under rated these days because he exists in a time zone way way far away in the West Coast away from the beasties of the Big Ten (how they looking lately) Wish Iowa could of had the ink dried on his contract at some time.

Here's the bottom line for me: you play hard and get beat by a hot team, whatever man best of luck moving forward. However, you don't play hard and lazy ass and mope around on the court, that really bugs me. Already had someone up here in MN say to me today 'Iowa looked out of gas and couldn't play D for the life of them'. Pretty embarrassing.

Well I take issue with your comment about beating the kids bad taste my friend you apparently did not play sports maybe ping pong quick recovery on that one other than the hang over may hurt. Do not bitch about the seedings please you are in the tournament and you get what you get and then adapt or go home this one today has nothing to do with fresh legs Oregon had athletes who executed the coaches game plan and they freaking buried the Hawks questions?
Not sure what's bad taste about commending people who are too emotionally invested in other people acheivements for whining on a message board instead of commiting emotional or physical abuse on family members, I grew up in Iowa and it was a fairly common occurrence in many households unfortunately.

Also playing sports and arm chair coaching are two very different things and I'm not sure what one of them has to do with another. But me playing what if with the seeding isn't any different than people playing what if with the players in the game. Just because they played a stretch with the subs where they had good results doesn't mean you can keep it up for the rest of the game. Part of the reasons coaches make stupid amounts of money is because they have to make tough decisions quickly and then deal with thousands of people second guessing them.

We seem to agree on one thing though the better team won today. Also the few articles I've read about the big 10's poor showing in this tourney has been attributed to most teams in the league being able to field competitive teams but most lacking raw athleticism. It's not a Fran recruiting problem, it's a talent pool problem.

Wow this a slow news day around here. Will not waste another half a day on this NCAA gig unless I am in Vegas after golf and the betting thing (Covid thing) now back to your point yes looked lazy and out of gas however when the other team has better athletes gas or no gas they will make you look lazy and incompetent in the basic hoops skills and the one skill Fran has taught at Iowa is "we can not play defense to save our lives"

Ah yes post mortem and before the acid in the eyes comes to me I am not trolling this chain I played sports at Iowa. First comment Conner needs to pursue his baseball career without Garza to throw it in to not really any functionality there. Oregon my ladies and gentlemen have athletes and coached by a very good coach historically hope he is loving the Oregon coast and the Nike shoes etc. (wish Iowa could have signed the ink with him) Going forward if Franny boy wants to play the run and gun then he needs to recruit guys who understand both aspects of the game offense/defense transition sorry the only guy today for Iowa who made any sense (other than Garza playing inside against midgets inside) was Toussaint as erratic as he his he at least puts some pressure on the defense to have to guard. I am assuming Frederick was still feeling the foot injury no factor and Wieskamp passed up six at least wide open three point shots everyone enjoy your spring and summer and fall next year is a big ?????a
Good point about Connor. His primary job is to feed the post.

He's one of the best at it, but now Luka is gone.

Pemsl would have been a welcome addition this year, especially when Nunge went down.

Thanks for the revelation. I would never have known that if we had a legitimate replacement for Nunge and another banger inside, it would have made a big difference for this team.

I have posted this already today, but will again since no one thinks this is Frans issue.

How do you defend Iowa when you are more athletic? Let Garza get his and face guard the shooters.

Losses are absolutely on the HC. He did not adjust AGAIN. Who didnt think this was the GP for Oregon? I guess Fran and his coaching staff. Adapt and overcome.

Fran is a mid major coach in a power 5 conference. He gets some solid BB player, no doubt, but he couldnt coach himself out of a wet paper bag.

At least we run and dont have to watch 50 point games.

It makes you wonder if the committee thinks more about interesting matchups for high rated games than actually giving the top teams the easiest paths. Whats the point of even seeding if you're going to do that? Maybe we deserved to play Oregon in the 2nd round anyway with us a 4 and them a 5.

Latest posts