Fran sucked but don't blame it all on him.

Oregon's starting five averaged 19.6 points - 9, 17,19, 21, and 23. Garza had 36, Wieskamp got 17, but the remaining three of our starters had ZERO points. If that's not a coaching issue I really don't know what is. It pains me to say that because I really like Fran.

I think we got a bad draw playing a team that was gifted with a forfeit and had fresh legs, but that's no excuse. Garza and Wieskamp were clearly the only two players that were in the game mentally. No one else played with any kind of fire. Oregon came in guns blazing and kept the intensity up the whole game. Just when you thought Iowa would turn it around, Oregon would dunk it on us again.

Oregon's starting five averaged 19.6 points - 9, 17,19, 21, and 23. Garza had 36, Wieskamp got 17, but the remaining three of our starters had ZERO points. If that's not a coaching issue I really don't know what is. It pains me to say that because I really like Fran.

I think we got a bad draw playing a team that was gifted with a forfeit and had fresh legs, but that's no excuse. Garza and Wieskamp were clearly the only two players that were in the game mentally. No one else played with any kind of fire. Oregon came in guns blazing and kept the intensity up the whole game. Just when you thought Iowa would turn it around, Oregon would dunk it on us again.

this post confuses me a bit... our 3 starting guys not scoring is on fran? I saw them shooting it was ugly...

shit frederick who was a a great shooter... wouldn't fucking shoot and when he did he airballed it nearly.

bohannon was off... but thats what happens with bohannon- some days he is a factor some he isn't

Connor just can't shoot... fran probably needs to make him the 6th man

Even wiescamp who scored 17 didnt shoot very well - how about that airball wide open 3 he had?

as my thread title said.. fan sucked yes

but the players didn't step up... fran can't go out and play for them.

You cant blame it on Fran, the coach from Oregon is the master, He has a better record in the Big Dance than Fran does. I has to trim back the Dana Altman's record1616442352537.png

Last edited:
Ah yes post mortem and before the acid in the eyes comes to me I am not trolling this chain I played sports at Iowa. First comment Conner needs to pursue his baseball career without Garza to throw it in to not really any functionality there. Oregon my ladies and gentlemen have athletes and coached by a very good coach historically hope he is loving the Oregon coast and the Nike shoes etc. (wish Iowa could have signed the ink with him) Going forward if Franny boy wants to play the run and gun then he needs to recruit guys who understand both aspects of the game offense/defense transition sorry the only guy today for Iowa who made any sense (other than Garza playing inside against midgets inside) was Toussaint as erratic as he his he at least puts some pressure on the defense to have to guard. I am assuming Frederick was still feeling the foot injury no factor and Wieskamp passed up six at least wide open three point shots everyone enjoy your spring and summer and fall next year is a big ?????

this post confuses me a bit... our 3 starting guys not scoring is on fran? I saw them shooting it was ugly...

shit frederick who was a a great shooter... wouldn't fucking shoot and when he did he airballed it nearly.

bohannon was off... but thats what happens with bohannon- some days he is a factor some he isn't

Connor just can't shoot... fran probably needs to make him the 6th man

Even wiescamp who scored 17 didnt shoot very well - how about that airball wide open 3 he had?

as my thread title said.. fan sucked yes

but the players didn't step up... fran can't go out and play for them.
Your response confuses me even more. The same three guys that scored zero points only attempted 8 shots combined the whole game. Ultimately the players need to do the heavy lifting, but it's the coach's job to put together a winning game plan. I don't think this loss is all Fran's fault, but he failed them in this one IMO.

Ah yes post mortem and before the acid in the eyes comes to me I am not trolling this chain I played sports at Iowa. First comment Conner needs to pursue his baseball career without Garza to throw it in to not really any functionality there. Oregon my ladies and gentlemen have athletes and coached by a very good coach historically hope he is loving the Oregon coast and the Nike shoes etc. (wish Iowa could have signed the ink with him) Going forward if Franny boy wants to play the run and gun then he needs to recruit guys who understand both aspects of the game offense/defense transition sorry the only guy today for Iowa who made any sense (other than Garza playing inside against midgets inside) was Toussaint as erratic as he his he at least puts some pressure on the defense to have to guard. I am assuming Frederick was still feeling the foot injury no factor and Wieskamp passed up six at least wide open three point shots everyone enjoy your spring and summer and fall next year is a big ?????

Good comment ihawk425.

Frederick and wiecamp airballing wide open 3's isn't on Fran... at some point players have to step the F up.

I blame fran for a lot of it.. but its not all on him

Can't have your 3 starting guards not even show up in the biggest game of the season.,

that's on them not Fran...
How do we have guys that in the backcourt that do not have their ass on fire ready to play when its one and your done situation? Where does the laziness come from? Anyone ever seen a Fran practice? Do they drink Mai Tai's and dance the hula there?

Fran built this roster . It’s all on him . His next two recruits should be at Sienna. This is going to be a brutal stretch

Frederick and wiecamp airballing wide open 3's isn't on Fran... at some point players have to step the F up.

I blame fran for a lot of it.. but its not all on him

Can't have your 3 starting guards not even show up in the biggest game of the season.,

that's on them not Fran...
Yea but they were chucking desperation shots because Iowa had no offense to really give them a good look if they couldn't get it into Garza. Some has to go on the coach/coaches.

I was pissed off about losing like we did then I thought those licks teams. Was this year fun yes ddisappointing hell yes. Do we have a long was to hell yes. But thanks Fran we do have something to bitch about end of March .

Your response confuses me even more. The same three guys that scored zero points only attempted 8 shots combined the whole game. Ultimately the players need to do the heavy lifting, but it's the coach's job to put together a winning game plan. I don't think this loss is all Fran's fault, but he failed them in this one IMO

Yea but they were chucking desperation shots because Iowa had no offense to really give them a good look if they couldn't get it into Garza. Some has to go on the coach/coaches.

They were missing wide open shots in the beginning... im not talking about at the end of the game when it was decided.

The offensive game plan was okay... our shooters can't shoot like that if our game plan is to run up and down.

Fran's defensive game plan was as bad as it often is...

I was pissed off about losing like we did then I thought those licks teams. Was this year fun yes ddisappointing hell yes. Do we have a long was to hell yes. But thanks Fran we do have something to bitch about end of March .
sorry partner if you still thinking about lickdick then you need to upgrade your mental technology. That's freaking eons ago please and by the way my hourly rate is 250 change to get your mind off lickdicker no one in life should have to re-live that trauma. What I am saying if you think what we have now is an upgrade from lick dicker then you a got a low bar.

I appreciate Connor's contributions but he should pursue baseball only. I would much, much rather have Toussaint, Perkins, Ulis, Patrick, etc. playing instead of him.

Latest posts