Fran sucked but don't blame it all on him.

I agree. As I was watching that, I thought that we needed players that could do this or that, etc. Then I tried to think of which player I'd get rid of. I really had nothing.

I saw a lot of good shooters shooting like someone had a hold of their nutsack.

It was a top to bottom shit show.

Fran didn't have the strategy. Our shooters couldn't hit...

Franuary. The annual stretch where Iowa falls below .500 (it occasionally recovers the last few games of the season) which is brought about by atrocious defense during the grind of the B1G season.

We need a point guard. We have needed a point guard for years. There is an unreal amount of basketball talent spread around and plenty of guys that we could land. Plenty. Fran hit it big on Garza. He definitely hit on Weiskamp, but that was probably a big part geography. But the persistent lack of a point guard is just unbelievable. The guy is like the antithesis of Ferentz.

It's not a loss on Fran. It's a loss on the entire system. The same system that brings us exciting basketball also gives us headaches. I very same coach and system that brought us Garza seemed to take him away from us prematurely according to many fans. It's not only Fran its the system and everything within the program. The system is Iowa basketball...everything we love about it as well as what we hate about it.

what i will blame on fran.. up by 4 he goes to the zone... and blame their goes the lead.

However it seems no matter what D we play we leave wide open corner 3s

I Think the biggest fault in this game is not recognizing JBO and CJ were not going to be of any use in this game. Should have stuck with Perkins and joe T or much more Min early on. CJ was playing crappy D probably because of his foot. To much loyalty coach has for JBO.

Our overall FG% was almost the same as their 3P%. Impossible to win a game like that.

Even if we defended their 2PT better it might not have been a blowout, but we still lose.
Love You BUT HC is a BUM...SO is other HC... HAWK PLAYERS still Tough..Go Hawks. Couple of Bums I Say..

It does seem to be a trend though. Some of his players play their least confident ball at this time of the year.

When his son missed garza on a poor bounce pass, instead of coaching his son to make up for it on defense, he just let's out a childish f bomb.

Team chemistry is hard to get going when you have someone that has unproductive emotional responses all the time.

At least when someone like bobby knight lost their cool, somewhere in the rage he actually had a point. Fran just randomly yells and leaves that player in.

He can recruit, he has good character interms of clean program, but he is trash in big ten tournament. Only has won the games that iowa was heavily favored in post season.

I don't not blame Fran for this lost. He's had plenty of opportunities and the best he could do with his best team was get stomped in second round.

His own son Connor has stagnated in development. He can pass... but what else? Can he make players uncomfortable defensively? no, is he an on court coach? No. Does he set the tone effort energy wise like Nicholas Baer? No.

Having outstanding entry pass ability is not a reason alone to start him. Wayyy to one dimensional. We should have moved him to sixth man by December. Tony or Joe needed to be ready to take his starting spot. Not just take some minutes like he finally did second half of the season.

It's not a loss on Fran. It's a loss on the entire system. The same system that brings us exciting basketball also gives us headaches. I very same coach and system that brought us Garza seemed to take him away from us prematurely according to many fans. It's not only Fran its the system and everything within the program. The system is Iowa basketball...everything we love about it as well as what we hate about it.
Disagree. The system is Fran's.

Our overall FG% was almost the same as their 3P%. Impossible to win a game like that.

Even if we defended their 2PT better it might not have been a blowout, but we still lose.

Bullshit.

You really think it was because of Oregon's 3's that we lost the game? You really were watching a different game then.

Oregon hit 3 more three's then we did. Shaking my f**king head. 3 three's from Bohannon and we we're in this game. Instead he misses everything.

No, not every missed shot, turnover, etc. are on Fran - physical mistakes happen. Every player is human. Ultimately, though, the team's performance all comes back to the head man.

It's Fran's system, his players, his coaching, and therefore his results.

Disagree. The system is Fran's.

Agreed, but everything is incorporated within that system. All the good as well as the bad. Regardless of what we think about it, the state of Iowa basketball is entirely established by Fran's culture and philosophy. The players we have are all Fran's guys. The exciting up and down style of play is just as much on Fran as the lack of defense.

I should have said it's not a loss that's entirely on Fran. The fact is though, that what we have, whatever we love about the program, or hate about the program, is a product of Fran, and if it hasn't changed or been addressed since he's got here then were stuck with it until he leaves.

Bullshit.

You really think it was because of Oregon's 3's that we lost the game? You really were watching a different game then.

Oregon hit 3 more three's then we did. Shaking my f**king head. 3 three's from Bohannon and we we're in this game. Instead he misses everything.

Allow half the number of easy dunks that we did, and we're in this game, too. A lot of things cost Iowa today.

Latest posts