Fran has to figure this out...

We all know Fran forgot all he knew about winning conference tournament games when he left Sienna.

:D

And he was fine at winning conference tournament games once his team here got competitive enough to have a chance. Until the 3 losses in a row to bad teams. Those 3 games were the pattern. Weak minded teams playing an inferior opponent.

I appreciate that. It's really hard to keep up with stupid.
Typically those with small minds and no recourse resort to name calling so I'll stay above that. Since you are so good at math here's where Fran stacks up against Iowa coaches of recent past.

Overall Win Pct. Conf. Pct. Seasons
Mr. Davis Davis .657 .543 13

Steve Alford .589 .477 8

Todd Lackluster .400 .277 3

Fran McCaffrey .576 .508 7

No one on this list has come close to Mr. Davis's record in recent past and he had teams severely handicapped with little talent yet he won games and NCAA tournament games...I believe he never lost a first round NCAA game but I would need to have someone fact check me on that. Perhaps you can PC since 5 out of 7 seasons Fran's teams have improved (NOT).

Bad match up against an 8-10 team.....hmmmm. Oh, they are young, right? Always an excuse at the ready for Hawkeye Basketball.

When we played them at CHA earlier this season, several Indiana players had bad games and they had foul trouble throughout the game. Iowa had many players who shot very well and seemed to get all the 50-50 balls. In the BTT, Indiana's players did NOT have bad games and they seemed to get all the 50-50 balls. When you're a young team, sometimes you've got it going well and sometimes you don't.

Typically those with small minds and no recourse resort to name calling so I'll stay above that. Since you are so good at math here's where Fran stacks up against Iowa coaches of recent past.

Steve Alford .589 .477 8

No one on this list has come close to Mr. Davis's record in recent past and he had teams severely handicapped with little talent yet he won games and NCAA tournament games...I believe he never lost a first round NCAA game but I would need to have someone fact check me on that. Perhaps you can PC since 5 out of 7 seasons Fran's teams have improved (NOT).

TD never lost a 1st rd. NCAA game as the Iowa coach. He did lose the opening round game of the NIT against Georgia.......Stanford and BC you can check for yourself.

Steve Alford .589 .477 8

I'll take Fran post Lick recruits over Davis post Raveling recruits.

As far as what years the team improved goes, there were 5 years out of 7 where the March team would shit stomp the November team. I get why people only remember the 2 years we tanked because those were heart breakers so they are more ingrained in our memories.

Not only did he start it, but I was even nice after he started it. I only got rude after he was a jerk twice.
Yep. I thought it was a discussion, too, but then again, you did not agree with him so you must be dumb.

But the ones who start it are the ones who complain first and claim they're on the moral high ground when somebody snaps back at them the same way.

huskersiowa.gif

Yep. I thought it was a discussion, too, but then again, you did not agree with him so you must be dumb.

But the ones who start it are the ones who complain first and claim they're on the moral high ground when somebody snaps back at them the same way.
I believe he used the term stupid not me not sure who invited you to the conversation anyway and actually I have nothing bad to say about PC he asked about traits and pulled a Trump by stating 5 out of 7 Fran years the team got better I just used the last 10 games of every season to see if he was correct.

I believe he used the term stupid not me not sure who invited you to the conversation anyway and actually I have nothing bad to say about PC he asked about traits and pulled a Trump by stating 5 out of 7 Fran years the team got better I just used the last 10 games of every season to see if he was correct.

You can't just use the last 10 games and ignore the competition. You showed we didn't get better his first year. But at the beginning of that year we were losing to terrible teams in the non conference and at the end of the year we were competing against some pretty good teams. Even beating number 6 (I think) Purdue. We improved a ton his first year even if the last 10 stat doesn't show it.

In fact, before the Marble senior year collapse, it was always talked about on here that Fran's teams have gotten better at the end of the year every year he's been here. That team stopped that trend. It's been 5 out of 7.

I believe he used the term stupid not me not sure who invited you to the conversation anyway and actually I have nothing bad to say about PC ...
yeah you did. Sound familiar?

"I know I lost you you've struggled to keep up this entire time..Next time I'll slow down for you."

So just stop pulling a Mr.trump and waffle on what you said.

This is a public forum, isn't it?

I have good things to say about PC -- a reasonable and reasoning poster and still passionate about the Hawks. That's why I entered your conversation.

If you don't want anybody to comment on your conversations then you can always go to the safe place of private messages.

yeah you did. Sound familiar?

"I know I lost you you've struggled to keep up this entire time..Next time I'll slow down for you."

So just stop pulling a Mr.trump and waffle on what you said.

This is a public forum, isn't it?

I have good things to say about PC -- a reasonable and reasoning poster and still passionate about the Hawks. That's why I entered your conversation.

If you don't want anybody to comment on your conversations then you can always go to the safe place of private messages.

It's the reasoning part he has a problem with. That's why he said "don't try to argue with pc". Because when you argue with reasoning over someone arguing with emotion, you win every time...unless it's with a woman. Then you just apologize and get to the makeup sex.

Obviously he does not care about playing good ball and winning.

A lot of people see that video and see it as Fran screaming at his players because he's mad. I see it as him screaming TO his players to try to get some emotion out of them. It's a subtle difference but you can tell by the way he's doing defensive slides back and forth while yelling.

Steve Alford .589 .477 8

I loved Mr. Davis, and it is a shame people with too high of expectations for our basketball program had to run him out. Kinda like they are trying to do now to Fran. But comparing these numbers makes no sense when Mr. Davis had a huge advantage over Fran in that his win percentage was helped a great deal by his first 3 seasons where he had NBA talent that the previous coach had recruited to Iowa while Fran had a handful of scholarship players remaining from the "Lackluster" years. You throw out TD's first 3 seasons and Frans first season and they win percentage come awfully damn close. I'll give you the post season success TD had and, again, it's a shame he was ever chased out of here by fans who had too high of expectations.

Latest posts