Votes: 55 96.5%
  • Jordan Bohannon - still active

Votes: 31 54.4%
  • Joe Wieskamp - still active

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I went with Marble, White, Garza and Bohannon. I struggled between Marble and Jok. I gave preference to 4 year guys which is why Uthoff and Cook didn't make my team. Gatens wasn't a Fran recruit so I didn't consider him.

I went with Marble, White, Garza and Bohannon. I struggled between Marble and Jok. I gave preference to 4 year guys which is why Uthoff and Cook didn't make my team. Gatens wasn't a Fran recruit so I didn't consider him.

Actually, Gatens is probably the one most responsible for Fran being here, or at least Lickliter getting shown the door.

Last edited:
Marble, White, Garza, JBo for me. I feel the last two have already earned their spot even though they aren't done yet.

If he is healthy next year, Bohannon's gonna set more school records than anyone else on that list. Not sure how someone can't vote for him.
With Garza this year Fran will have had 5 1st Team All B1G players, and JBo isn’t one of them.

I love Jbo but stats aren’t everything. He played on two teams that didn’t make the tournament, one that was atrociously bad.

I’m not sure he’d even be in my top 6 personally.

With Garza this year Fran will have had 5 1st Team All B1G players, and JBo isn’t one of them.

I love Jbo but stats aren’t everything. He played on two teams that didn’t make the tournament, one that was atrociously bad.

I’m not sure he’d even be in my top 6 personally.

so there's your thread-related trivia question. Who are the other 4? Not sure I could name em

Marble
White
Uthoff
Jok?

Wieskamp will not be a four year player at Iowa, however he will make 1st Team All B1G next year if he stays.

Not sure why he would leave unless he wants to head directly to Europe. There is absolutely no way he makes an NBA roster if he leaves this year. He needs to physically get much stronger and his game is too inconsistent. There have been many games this year where he has just disappeared for big stretches at a time.

If he is really the number 2 behind Garza he needs to be able to step up his game and when his jumper isn't falling take it to the hoop which he did against OSU, but we needed him in other games and will need him the rest of the year. I hope he makes me eat some crow t he isn't ready for the hump IMHO

Not sure why he would leave unless he wants to head directly to Europe. There is absolutely no way he makes an NBA roster if he leaves this year. He needs to physically get much stronger and his game is too inconsistent. There have been many games this year where he has just disappeared for big stretches at a time.

If he is really the number 2 behind Garza he needs to be able to step up his game and when his jumper isn't falling take it to the hoop which he did against OSU, but we needed him in other games and will need him the rest of the year. I hope he makes me eat some crow t he isn't ready for the hump IMHO
People said the same thing about Cook last year and he still went. It doesn’t matter what you or I think it only matters what Joe and his advisors think.

The point of my response to PC was mostly that I highly doubt Joe stays four years. I’m like 55/45 that he returns next year which is a lot lower than some who seem to think it’s a foregone conclusion that he will be back. I remember listening to interviews directly from Joe this offseason about the NBA draft process and at that time I got the sense this would be his last year here.

Regardless if he does come back for his junior year the chances of him staying a 4th year are much much lower.

I went with

Marble
White
Uthoff
Bohannon.

I might be the only person not to vote for Garza. FLAME ON.

Reasoning: This season isnt over yet, he wasn't "great" the past two seasons, he hasn't yet accomplished what we all know he is going to.

So Garza will almost for sure go on Fran's top 4 (probably end up #1 overall) but he's not there yet and you shouldn't make assumptions or projections.

Bohannon - Even with another season left he's already broken all sorts of records and will shatter them all.

People said the same thing about Cook last year and he still went. It doesn’t matter what you or I think it only matters what Joe and his advisors think.

The point of my response to PC was mostly that I highly doubt Joe stays four years. I’m like 55/45 that he returns next year which is a lot lower than some who seem to think it’s a foregone conclusion that he will be back. I remember listening to interviews directly from Joe this offseason about the NBA draft process and at that time I got the sense this would be his last year here.

Regardless if he does come back for his junior year the chances of him staying a 4th year are much much lower.

I think there's a 98% chance JW comes back next year. He has gotten completely overshadowed by Garza this year when all of us expected JW to be the alpha this season, especially once JBo went down. JW needs to find some fire this offseason and come out trashing opponents next year if he has NBA dreams.

I think there's a 98% chance JW comes back next year. He has gotten completely overshadowed by Garza this year when all of us expected JW to be the alpha this season, especially once JBo went down. JW needs to find some fire this offseason and come out trashing opponents next year if he has NBA dreams.
Like I said I think there might be a lot of really surprised folks here. But really nobody knows at this point.

My question to you is what do you think are the chances he then returns for his senior season following next year are?

Latest posts