Votes: 55 96.5%
  • Jordan Bohannon - still active

Votes: 31 54.4%
  • Joe Wieskamp - still active

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I went with Marble, White, Garza and Bohannon. I struggled between Marble and Jok. I gave preference to 4 year guys which is why Uthoff and Cook didn't make my team. Gatens wasn't a Fran recruit so I didn't consider him.
Yeah I have a 3 way tie almost with Marble Uthoff and Jok.

I'm going with JBo, Garza, White and Marble.

If Garza comes back he could have a statue built next to where Megan Gustafson should have hers.

I went Uthoff, White, Jok and Garza - I could have went either way with Jok or Marble but I feel like Jok just could light it up more. If we're being honest, Jordan's my "favorite" player out of all of them, but his D isn't up to the level of the other guys I was picking from so I left him out.

I’m shocked at the lack of votes for Uthoff. JU played on 3 tournament teams (each of his three years), won two NCAA tournament games, and got All American recognition. The first Iowa player to get All American recognition in 19 years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.hawkcentral.com/amp/81439280

I’d like to know who voted and didn’t vote for Uthoff. There needs to be some sort of explanation for that.

Uthoff and White were my no brainers, I had to think about the rest, but then Luka kind of became that other no brainer for me too. The other 3 of Jbo, Marble and Jok I could see why you would struggle with. Cook and Joe Wieskamp don't even belong on the list (at least up to this point)..... I also agree that JW doesn't spend all 4 years here and ultimately I think he would be my #4 selection if we did this again at some point next season.

I went Uthoff, White, Jok and Garza - I could have went either way with Jok or Marble but I feel like Jok just could light it up more. If we're being honest, Jordan's my "favorite" player out of all of them, but his D isn't up to the level of the other guys I was picking from so I left him out.
Well put. I’m a huge Jbo fan but it’s just not realistic to put him on this list given the other options. Jbo will end with some pretty good offensive stats, but defense has been a huge issue for him.

Uthoff and White were my no brainers, I had to think about the rest, but then Luka kind of became that other no brainer for me too. The other 3 of Jbo, Marble and Jok I could see why you would struggle with. Cook and Joe Wieskamp don't even belong on the list (at least up to this point)..... I also agree that JW doesn't spend all 4 years here and ultimately I think he would be my #4 selection if we did this again at some point next season.
I’d have Wieskamp at #6 and absolutely think he deserves to be on the list. Two years, two NCAA tournaments. Was huge against Cincy in the tournament last year. Seems like a lock to be 2nd team all conference this year. Iowa has been ranked top 25 for a good portion of his time here as well.

Those are the things that are important to me anyway. That’s a big reason why a guy like Cook isn’t even in my top 7.

I’m shocked at the lack of votes for Uthoff. JU played on 3 tournament teams (each of his three years), won two NCAA tournament games, and got All American recognition. The first Iowa player to get All American recognition in 19 years.

I’d like to know who voted and didn’t vote for Uthoff. There needs to be some sort of explanation for that.
It was between he and Marble and Jok for me. I couldn't put him over the other 3 those I wasn't going to waver on. I'm not against Uthof either. I can't say what the determining factor was for me so much.

I guess I like Marbles story. Wasn't a highly recruited kid at all as skinny as he was. Took on his Dads legacy coming here and took him awhile to develop but he did. His senior year he was a stud. He kinda carried that team. I thought he was a great Hawk. I'm not going to downgrade Uthoff at all he was great too. Just can't pick em all.

Im just putting this out there becuase I really do like Jbo and don’t want to knock him too much, but this poll is quite perplexing to me.

Jbo career record:
63-49 (56.25%)
25-33 B1G (43.1%)

His highest B1G accolade was 3rd team all conference.

I love Jbo but there is no way he’s on the top 4 list when there are at least four guys that have made multiple NCAA appearances and been 1st Team All B1G players.

I’d have Wieskamp at #6 and absolutely think he deserves to be on the list. Two years, two NCAA tournaments. Was huge against Cincy in the tournament last year. Seems like a lock to be 2nd team all conference this year. Iowa has been ranked top 25 for a good portion of his time here as well.

Those are the things that are important to me anyway. That’s a big reason why a guy like Cook isn’t even in my top 7.

Well, I just mean, IMO, I wouldn't have JW in front of Jok, Gatens or Marble right now....and really at this point, in front of Jordan. Maybe? I guess, maybe 1 spot in front? I don't know?? But either way JW and Jordan are 7/8 on this list of 9 imo. So, that's where I had to "doesn't belong on the list" ....if you're 7 or 8 out of 9 fora 4 man spot, you might have a case for not being good enough to be on the list. Now, IMO - he will definitely end up in the top 4 - I just don't think we've seen even close to what he's capable of.

I think that will change, but as of now, he hasn't done near enough for my personal Mount Rushmore of Iowa players under Fran.

If I DID have to rank them it'd be

Luka
Uthoff
White
Jok
Marble
Gatens
Jordan
Wieskamp
Cook

Im just putting this out there becuase I really do like Jbo and don’t want to knock him too much, but this poll is quite perplexing to me.

Jbo career record:
63-49 (56.25%)
25-33 B1G (43.1%)

His highest B1G accolade was 3rd team all conference.

I love Jbo but there is no way he’s on the top 4 list when there are at least four guys that have made multiple NCAA appearances and been 1st Team All B1G players.

Wieskamp has only been All B1G Freshman. Jordan was too. As of now, Jordan has more accolades then him, yet you have Jordan behind him? I also think you are trying to make this a "team" award. I don't really blame Jordan's freshman and sophomore seasons on just him. Just like I don't blame White's first season of play on him. Or Gatens, or Uthoff's or... ya know what I am saying? Uthoff didn't go every season to the Dance. Jok didn't. White didn't. I don't think you can really hold that against Jordan. You can absolutely hold his D against him tho - I definitely do.

I think the only two no brainers are Garza and Uthoff. Choosing two more out of White, Marble, and Jok is the hard part for me. I think I would maybe leave Jok off even tho he was much favorite to watch. His shot was just ridiculous.

Well, I just mean, IMO, I wouldn't have JW in front of Jok, Gatens or Marble right now....and really at this point, in front of Jordan. Maybe? I guess, maybe 1 spot in front? I don't know?? But either way JW and Jordan are 7/8 on this list of 9 imo. So, that's where I had to "doesn't belong on the list" ....if you're 7 or 8 out of 9 fora 4 man spot, you might have a case for not being good enough to be on the list. Now, IMO - he will definitely end up in the top 4 - I just don't think we've seen even close to what he's capable of.

I think that will change, but as of now, he hasn't done near enough for my personal Mount Rushmore of Iowa players under Fran.

If I DID have to rank them it'd be

Luka
Uthoff
White
Jok
Marble
Gatens
Jordan
Wieskamp
Cook
Mine would be:

1. Garza
2. Uthoff
3. White
4. Marble
5. Jok
6. Wieskamp (can pass Jok & Marble next year with a 1st Team All B1G season)
7. Bohannon
8. Gatens
9. Cook

Wieskamp has only been All B1G Freshman. Jordan was too. As of now, Jordan has more accolades then him, yet you have Jordan behind him? I also think you are trying to make this a "team" award. I don't really blame Jordan's freshman and sophomore seasons on just him. Just like I don't blame White's first season of play on him. Or Gatens, or Uthoff's or... ya know what I am saying? Uthoff didn't go every season to the Dance. Jok didn't. White didn't. I don't think you can really hold that against Jordan. You can absolutely hold his D against him tho - I definitely do.
Uthoff did go to the dance all 3 years at Iowa.

Yes I’m of the assumption that Wieskamp will be 2nd Team All B1G this year and be 2/2 on NCAA tourneys. I’m also of the assumption that Garza will be an All American.

I do value winning more yes but that’s my opinion. Others can have differing opinions for certain but I just can’t really fathom people selecting Bohannon over Uthoff (he has more votes in the poll). Probably some recency bias there too.

Mine would be:

1. Garza
2. Uthoff
3. White
4. Marble
5. Jok
6. Wieskamp (can pass Jok & Marble next year with a 1st Team All B1G season)
7. Bohannon
8. Gatens
9. Cook

yeah we are pretty close and I would accept an argument about guys either way, but Garza and Uthoff should be the no brainers. Whitey is pretty close.... that 4 spot is up for grabs and IMO, Joe W is gonna end up being on it eventually. I think the guys who aren't done yet still have a lot of basketball left in an Iowa uniform and if the last 2 seasons have shown us anything, it's that who the F knows what is gonna happen.

It's a work in progress. White for sure. Maybe Marble. Probably Garza but he'll need to stay. Could be Bohannon or Wieskamp, but too soon to tell. You can't put a guy on Mt. Rushmore and then take him off when someone better comes along.

Uthoff did go to the dance all 3 years at Iowa.

Yes I’m of the assumption that Wieskamp will be 2nd Team All B1G this year and be 2/2 on NCAA tourneys. I’m also of the assumption that Garza will be an All American.

I do value winning more yes but that’s my opinion. Others can have differing opinions for certain but I just can’t really fathom people selecting Bohannon over Uthoff (he has more votes in the poll). Probably some recency bias there too.

Whoops, yeah you are right. It still wasn't like JU willed us to the dance his first year. And yes of course, I think your opinion is a valid one. I get your argument, and winning matters to me a ton too, but a lot of guys on this list didn't play on great teams their first few seasons, Luka included, but I am not going to let THAT make me change him from #1 on my list. Jok should get docked some for missing it his SR year in your line of thinking. And yeah, that's a lil crazy IMO, Uthoff and Luka are All Americans and not only are they on the Fran Rushmore, they likely are on the short list for All Time.

It's a work in progress. White for sure. Maybe Marble. Probably Garza but he'll need to stay. Could be Bohannon or Wieskamp, but too soon to tell. You can't put a guy on Mt. Rushmore and then take him off when someone better comes along.

Luka's already on it and if we're being completely honest, if he DOESN'T stay, it will likely even more cement him being on it because it's gonna be real hard to see another season like we are witnessing. He bolts after this and his season is gonna be folk lore that is talked about on these boards for a while.

I guess a line of thinking for me here is that a lot of people are probably voting for Jbo based on some records he will break. He averaged like 30 minutes a game his first two years because we didn’t have any other options. He will also get to play 10 extra games than anyone else so that will help him accumulate more stats.

The more I think about it it’s probably the memorable big shots, the free throw record thing, the ISU shoe thing, that might move Jbo higher than his B1G all conference ranks for some folks. I guess that’s a different way to look at it and not necessarily wrong.

Must have been the Russians.

Latest posts