Votes: 55 96.5%
  • Jordan Bohannon - still active

Votes: 31 54.4%
  • Joe Wieskamp - still active

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Like I said I think there might be a lot of really surprised folks here. But really nobody knows at this point.

My question to you is what do you think are the chances he then returns for his senior season following next year are?

I think it depends. At this point I'm going to assume JW is a 4 year player at Iowa based on what I've seen. He has all the potential in the world, he just needs to put it together. Most college players dont fully hit their stride until their upper classmen years.

Luka's already on it and if we're being completely honest, if he DOESN'T stay, it will likely even more cement him being on it because it's gonna be real hard to see another season like we are witnessing. He bolts after this and his season is gonna be folk lore that is talked about on these boards for a while.
He's probably on mine. He's on yours. Not much of a difference. I'd like all of my guys to be at Iowa for the full number of years. Probably shouldn't have written "but" he needs to stay, it's more of a preference. It's a soft criteria for my mountain.

I guess a line of thinking for me here is that a lot of people are probably voting for Jbo based on some records he will break. He averaged like 30 minutes a game his first two years because we didn’t have any other options. He will also get to play 10 extra games than anyone else so that will help him accumulate more stats.

The more I think about it it’s probably the memorable big shots, the free throw record thing, the ISU shoe thing, that might move Jbo higher than his B1G all conference ranks for some folks. I guess that’s a different way to look at it and not necessarily wrong.

Well Bohannon already owned the school record in 3 pointers before this season even began. He needs 108 assists next year to own that school record as well. Although the assist record next year could get interesting as Connor has been taking more of a role at the PG position.

Then you have the Chris Street missed free throw thing, the shoe thing, the late game clutch dramatics, the all freshman team...tons and tons of intangibles.

I think it depends. At this point I'm going to assume JW is a 4 year player at Iowa based on what I've seen. He has all the potential in the world, he just needs to put it together. Most college players dont fully hit their stride until their upper classmen years.
I hope you and PC are right, I’m not counting on it though.

I’d also love to see this “putting all together” as well. Kid averages 16.6 PPG in the toughest conference in America this year.

I’m shocked at the lack of votes for Uthoff. JU played on 3 tournament teams (each of his three years), won two NCAA tournament games, and got All American recognition. The first Iowa player to get All American recognition in 19 years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.hawkcentral.com/amp/81439280

I’d like to know who voted and didn’t vote for Uthoff. There needs to be some sort of explanation for that.

Uthoff is a lock. White as well. Marble/Jok both 1st team all big ten players, but Jok didn't lead his team to the NCAA tournament which kinda dings below Marble IMO. Jok was a weird situation in which it was him and a bunch of freshman for the most part

I’d also love to see this “putting all together” as well. Kid averages 16.6 PPG in the toughest conference in America this year.

If he sticks it out like Uthoff, he could be Uthoff (or better).

Well Bohannon already owned the school record in 3 pointers before this season even began. He needs 108 assists next year to own that school record as well. Although the assist record next year could get interesting as Connor has been taking more of a role at the PG position.

Then you have the Chris Street missed free throw thing, the shoe thing, the late game clutch dramatics, the all freshman team...tons and tons of intangibles.
Connor doesn’t play much of if any PG these days. He does get assists though still playing the 3 and 4 spot.

With Toussaint, Bohannon coming back next year, and Ulis coming in I doubt Connor plays much PG the rest of his career.

I think that’s a good thing though I think Connor moving off the ball was a good thing for both Iowa and Connor. He can still make “PG plays” within the offense he’s just better suited off the ball defensively.

I'm in no way predicting Wieskamp will stay 4 years. My post was more hoping than predicting lol. If next year is our big year, we almost want Wieskamp to have such a big year it's a no brainer he goes.

Uthoff did go to the dance all 3 years at Iowa.

Yes I’m of the assumption that Wieskamp will be 2nd Team All B1G this year and be 2/2 on NCAA tourneys. I’m also of the assumption that Garza will be an All American.

I do value winning more yes but that’s my opinion. Others can have differing opinions for certain but I just can’t really fathom people selecting Bohannon over Uthoff (he has more votes in the poll). Probably some recency bias there too.

I picked Him because I can't recall the last Hawk to shoot the 3 ball like him. I was just thinking last week when JW had guys up in his face and couldn't get a shot off that Jbo would just step back two feet and shoot it. He has been the most clutch shooter at end of games of the Fran era as well.

Latest posts