Fran being interviewed on Jay Mohr Sports

CPHAWK82

Should be on around 11:35. Jay opened his show talking about how Iowa and iSu are both ranked and looking like they're going to make runs in the tourney. I'm sure he'll get questioned about his outbursts as well. Lots of listeners, good pub for the program:D

Love Jay Mohr, not a huge fan of his show. Too zany and is even more annoying then Rome. I liked him better when he was just a guest host on Rome.... But... I am gonna try and tune in though, so thanks for the heads up.

Quick interview. Talked about Iowa racking up big wins and thinks Iowa is set to make a March run. Commented on Marble's defense of Stauskas and Fran broke down why he put Marble on him in this game and didn't in the first meeting with Michigan. He didn't waste much time in getting to Fran's ejection and technicals. Jay didn't think Fran touched the ref. Fran was very open about wanting the first T to light a fire under his players but admitted he needs to control himself after he gets one. Fran described how it was different back in the day where you could get in a refs face and it never got personal. Not so much these days. Fran gave the back story on "White Magic" Fran was one of a few white guys in his league playing in Philly. Fran would dribble between his legs, make no look passes and eventually became a fan favorite. A local writer dubbed him "White Magic". His friends back in Philly still refer to him as "Magic".

Why did Fran say he did not put Devyn on Stauskas the first game but then had him cover him in game 2?

Because he didn't want him to get in foul trouble and have the full pressure of offense and defense on him or something like that

Because he didn't want him to get in foul trouble and have the full pressure of offense and defense on him or something like that

Well hopefully that was a learning lesson and we will see MArble guarding our opponents best wing player moving forward in all games.

Well hopefully that was a learning lesson and we will see MArble guarding our opponents best wing player moving forward in all games.

I still think Gessell is our best defensive player at guard... Marble is good at gambling, getting steals ect..

But Marble has to do a lot on offense... eventually he gets worn down and its hard for him to play lock down D for that long and be so active on offense.

I still think Gessell is our best defensive player at guard... Marble is good at gambling, getting steals ect..

But Marble has to do a lot on offense... eventually he gets worn down and its hard for him to play lock down D for that long and be so active on offense.

Mike is a fine defender and perhaps just as good or even better than Marble. However, Mike is limited due to his height. He isn't going to match up against 6'6" Stuaskas or Lavert or even a 6;4" Gary Harris.

Typically Mike will be matched up with the other team's PG which leaves Marble to defend the best wing.

There was a thread before the first Michigan game that we were talking about matchups and I said that Marble should be matched up with Stauskas.

Oh well... rather learn the hard way now than later. Look at Matt Gaten's senior year... he not only lead the team in scoring but he took pride in matching up with the other team's best player.

We need that same intensity and attitude from Marble on both ends.

Quick interview. Talked about Iowa racking up big wins and thinks Iowa is set to make a March run. Commented on Marble's defense of Stauskas and Fran broke down why he put Marble on him in this game and didn't in the first meeting with Michigan. He didn't waste much time in getting to Fran's ejection and technicals. Jay didn't think Fran touched the ref. Fran was very open about wanting the first T to light a fire under his players but admitted he needs to control himself after he gets one. Fran described how it was different back in the day where you could get in a refs face and it never got personal. Not so much these days. Fran gave the back story on "White Magic" Fran was one of a few white guys in his league playing in Philly. Fran would dribble between his legs, make no look passes and eventually became a fan favorite. A local writer dubbed him "White Magic". His friends back in Philly still refer to him as "Magic".

Thanks!