Fran and Mediacom

gordonearl

I noticed last night that Fran is doing a ad for Mediacom. I understand how the real world works, and the school can use the money. But I hate to see them do business with a scumbag company like Mediacom. Mediacom is rated the worst cable company in the country, and is getting there butts beat by Dish and Direct. They are doing anything they can to get Hawk fans. Maybe if they improved there product, they wouldn't 'have to do this.

I noticed last night that Fran is doing a ad for Mediacom. I understand how the real world works, and the school can use the money. But I hate to see them do business with a scumbag company like Mediacom. Mediacom is rated the worst cable company in the country, and is getting there butts beat by Dish and Direct. They are doing anything they can to get Hawk fans. Maybe if they improved there product, they wouldn't 'have to do this.

I am still furious that the court in CHA is "Mediacom Court." Yuk!

I have spent literally hours trying to get them to listen to reason and reward their loyal customers. Talked to a different person every time and got a different quote every time. Finally I called the Loyalty Dept. and told them I and my son have had Mediacom for five years and my brother who moved from Seattle has had Mediacom for three years, and I was having difficulty understanding how new customers can get all three services for $99 plus taxes and all the other little gems they pile on, and those you have had Mediacom for years have an increase every year or two, and have to pay an enormous fee to cancel even after returning all the equipment before the due date for such a project.....

I am trapped by my Walnut trees to the South of my property and cannot get Direct TV or Dish. I have heard that Comcast, which has almost the same reputation as Mediacom is coming to DM. I hope they do so I can try them for a year, cancel if I choose and go back to Mediacom as a new customer. If one could do without Mediacom in the Summer, after so many months you will be considered a new customer and get the new rates.....

:rolleyes:

I only have mediacom internet because it is paid by my employer. They are always saying they are upgrading their servers and your actual connect speeds can be much slower than what they tout.

Unfortunately I am in an area of town that does not have the high speed DSL phone ISP from Centurylink.

There needs to be more competition in this area of commerce and the internet communications needs to become more of a common-carrier utility type service subject to laws that do not allow discrimination.

I only have mediacom internet because it is paid by my employer. They are always saying they are upgrading their servers and your actual connect speeds can be much slower than what they tout.

Unfortunately I am in an area of town that does not have the high speed DSL phone ISP from Centurylink.

There needs to be more competition in this area of commerce and the internet communications needs to become more of a common-carrier utility type service subject to laws that do not allow discrimination.

I've actually had very solid internet with Mediacom. I occasionally have issues on this site, but other than that, I've had much better experiences with Mediacom than Century Link for internet. I'd kill for DirecTV, though.

Mediacom internet is fine (even good), just as long as you don't ever have to talk to anyone (i.e. customer support).

Mediacom internet is fine (even good), just as long as you don't ever have to talk to anyone (i.e. customer support).

Too bad I can't sign into BTN2GO with my account information. That pisses me off to no end during the non-conference basketball schedule, but it's not worth the hassle of getting the issue fixed when I can just go to First Row to stream it.

"Iowa associate athletics director Rick Klatt said the long-term extension with Learfield was necessary to sell to Mediacom the naming rights to help pay for the recently completed $47 million renovation of Carver-Hawkeye, which built a new practice gym and workout center and made other improvements. He said the guaranteed annual payments, which comprise about 7 percent of the department's $75 million budget, helped the department plan for the future free of general university funding."

Like them or not they enabled some important things to get accomplished.

"Iowa associate athletics director Rick Klatt said the long-term extension with Learfield was necessary to sell to Mediacom the naming rights to help pay for the recently completed $47 million renovation of Carver-Hawkeye, which built a new practice gym and workout center and made other improvements. He said the guaranteed annual payments, which comprise about 7 percent of the department's $75 million budget, helped the department plan for the future free of general university funding."

Like them or not they enabled some important things to get accomplished.

Philip Morris gives back to the community, too. They still suck.

I have spent literally hours trying to get them to listen to reason and reward their loyal customers. Talked to a different person every time and got a different quote every time. Finally I called the Loyalty Dept. and told them I and my son have had Mediacom for five years and my brother who moved from Seattle has had Mediacom for three years, and I was having difficulty understanding how new customers can get all three services for $99 plus taxes and all the other little gems they pile on, and those you have had Mediacom for years have an increase every year or two, and have to pay an enormous fee to cancel even after returning all the equipment before the due date for such a project.....

I am trapped by my Walnut trees to the South of my property and cannot get Direct TV or Dish. I have heard that Comcast, which has almost the same reputation as Mediacom is coming to DM. I hope they do so I can try them for a year, cancel if I choose and go back to Mediacom as a new customer. If one could do without Mediacom in the Summer, after so many months you will be considered a new customer and get the new rates.....

Jack the solution is simple. Snip the tie to cable and dishes. And get a roku. You can then pay $18 for netflix and huluplus. Purchase an antenna to get local stations. I can watch any sports I want on my computer. You already are paying for internet access.

While I'm no fan of Mediacom, the two worst and most hated cable companies (as voted in poll after poll) in the US are Time-Warner and Comcast.... and guess who's merging?

Sounds like you need help removing some trees?

Sounds like you need help removing some trees?

They wanted me to cut down two walnut trees which would cost a small fortune, but would be worth a bit of money. However I really enjoy the trees. I have a small acreage and sit outside much of the Summer, getting my tan going and reading, using my laptop and enjoying the critters running around. I have seen buffalo roam through my property several times each and every Summer. Once I was relaxing under a Walnut tree and a groundhog walked within a foot of my chair, didn't even notice me. They are extremely weird looking, had never seen one before. That really happened.....

Sometimes I duct tape myself to my Walnut trees to get closer to them in spirit.....

So, it is Mediacom for now.....

:cool:

After football and basketball season, I could do without Mediacom cable. Netflix is good enough for me and a regular $8 antenna from Walmart will get quite a few local HD channels, like 2/3 PBS channels, every local channel has more than one channel with different programing. I can use my cell phone for everything. The main reason I have Mediacom is the internet. All I would have to do is bring a comfortable patio chair to the library parking lot with my laptop to get my internet activity....

Cost me about $60 a month total for the Summer. If it is raining I wlll just stay in my automobile....

Yeah, that's the ticket....

royalwave.jpg

Room enough for one of my dolls and myself to relax and do a little surfing....

After football and basketball season, I could do without Mediacom cable. Netflix is good enough for me and a regular $8 antenna from Walmart will get quite a few local HD channels, like 2/3 PBS channels, every local channel has more than one channel with different programing. I can use my cell phone for everything. The main reason I have Mediacom is the internet. All I would have to do is bring a comfortable patio chair to the library parking lot with my laptop to get my internet activity....

Cost me about $60 a month total for the Summer. If it is raining I wlll just stay in my automobile....

Yeah, that's the ticket....

royalwave.jpg

Room enough for one of my dolls and myself to relax and do a little surfing....

That's a hell of a plan there;) I have two huge maples that give me the same problem and I'm stuck with Mediacom as well. I don't enjoy my trees nearly as much though. One thing me and my wife tried was canceling it to say we're going to DirectTv. That alone may get you a discount. After we learned we couldn't get DirectTv my wife called and had it set back up in her name with all the discounts. The installer dude even told us your cable only has to be canceled for 30 days and you can have it installed again as a new customer. So you wouldn't have to wait the whole Summer.

Latest posts