Forum Upgrade Coming Soon

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Likely next week.

I've wanted to move from the vbulletin software to the Xenforo software for several years, but needed to wait for Xenforo to tighten their ship. They have, and I believe it is the best forum software that exists today. If you visit Rivals.com, their forums are set up on a Xenforo platform.

For me as a moderator, the tools to merge posts, censure some users, issue warnings, easy thread deletion and near one click banning are fantastic. vBulletin was lagging in that department....and truly, it will help us to improve the user experience here.

For the user experience, I really like the aesthetic look of xenforo...a bit cleaner, more streamlined, less clunky 'like' interface, etc. Post counts will carry over. I will tweak with some of the options pursuant to 'post level' and things like that.

This has been a long time coming and I am very excited about what I think this will mean to this community, and how I believe it will help to foster a better experience all around. I'll let you know more once the migration is imminent.

You should probably check with the SEC/ESPN staff to confirm that your decision is a good one.

Great news Jon! Hopefully the switch will bring back many of the basic features that the site lost with the last switch.

Awesome news. Looking forward to the change.

And I 2nd what Calc said. How's the bookie? I feel like losing some fake Internet points.

Your entire pages automatically reload? How frequently?

I think it may have to do with whatever ad is showing up on the page. If they are "flashing" or more active it seems to be problematic. Even trying to type a response can be slowed.

Sometimes when you go into threads like the "funny" one, the .gifs will cause problems as well. I don't know what you can do about that. If you want funny you have to be patient.

I'd blame user error or my phone but it almost always happens here or in those click bait sites...you know the ones where you want to "see hollywoods worst plastic surgery fails" and you have to figure out which next button is the right one only to pick the wrong one and end up looking at some Allstate ad or worse!

So so a new site will hopefully be a good thing.

I think it may have to do with whatever ad is showing up on the page. If they are "flashing" or more active it seems to be problematic. Even trying to type a response can be slowed.

Sometimes when you go into threads like the "funny" one, the .gifs will cause problems as well. I don't know what you can do about that. If you want funny you have to be patient.

I'd blame user error or my phone but it almost always happens here or in those click bait sites...you know the ones where you want to "see hollywoods worst plastic surgery fails" and you have to figure out which next button is the right one only to pick the wrong one and end up looking at some Allstate ad or worse!

So so a new site will hopefully be a good thing.

Yes, the gif threads require some more horsepower from your phone to be sure. I am hoping that the new software is 'lighter' and more efficient.

Having a visual aid show you what threads you have posted it. Having a button you can click that will take you to the last post you read in a thread.
My phone has a lot of trouble with the web version of the forum. Hopefully this will improve.

At the top of the page in a thread, where you click to switch from page to page, doesn't work for me. The one at the bottom of the page works but it is inside the "reply to thread" bar so it's hard to see.