Former Illinois/Current Cowboy Dead

from the article

"Dallas Cowboys nose tackle Josh Brent was arrested early Saturday morning for intoxication manslaughter after an accident that killed teammate Jerry Brown.Brent, a three-year veteran, was booked in the Irving, Texas city jail at 4:14 a.m. Saturday morning.
Brown, 25, was signed to the Cowboys' practice squad earlier this season. He was also Brent's college teammate at Illinois."

That's horrible. As much as I love to poke the Illinois fanbase, my thoughts go out to them today. Terrible situation.

Drinking and driving only seems worth it when you're drunk. Interesting, eh?

When I was young it was no big deal to see members of the Spurs racing their cars at 130 plus @ 3 am on the 410 loop around San Antonio. It is sad, but it is not new.

Maybe I missed something. Where's the "my heart goes out" part? Dumb f***s are dumb f***s. I feel very bad for any family members left behind. But forgive me if I don't shed a tear for this idiot.

Maybe I missed something. Where's the "my heart goes out" part? Dumb f***s are dumb f***s. I feel very bad for any family members left behind. But forgive me if I don't shed a tear for this idiot.

Attempt to be edgy aside, the dude who dies wasn't driving soooooooooo.....

Attempt to be edgy aside, the dude who dies wasn't driving soooooooooo.....

which is terrible. I was thinking more of the other guy. But...potatoe...PotAto... he was still likely cool with what was going on. But point taken. A guy lost his life...at a young age. Bad news. I'll be very interested to hear the reports of Brown screaming at his friend to slow down and use better judgement.

Perhaps I'm still a little chapped from listening to Chiefs players say what a great guy Jovan Belcher was. Yeah, great dude. Murdered his wife, killed himself and left his 3-month old baby without parents. Real Father-of-the-year stuff.

If speaking the truth is "edgy"...so be it. There's far too little of it being spoken these days.

Last edited:
Right on, 'drummer. I'm with you every step.
Somehow these sociopaths always end up as "heroes" in the retelling. That's bullschit. Belcher had a screw loose, but the signs were ignored because he could lay the wood as a LB.
This kid Brent was a problem from way back. This ain't his first DUI. Total time-bomb, but because he had NFL skills, everybody turned their head.
The real tragedy in this story is that the wrong guy is dead.

Right on, 'drummer. I'm with you every step.
Somehow these sociopaths always end up as "heroes" in the retelling. That's bullschit. Belcher had a screw loose, but the signs were ignored because he could lay the wood as a LB.
This kid Brent was a problem from way back. This ain't his first DUI. Total time-bomb, but because he had NFL skills, everybody turned their head.
The real tragedy in this story is that the wrong guy is dead.

what it is, scorp.

I don't think anyone is making Brent and Brown into heroes. Just commenting that it is a tragedy when young men die.

I don't think anyone is making Brent and Brown into heroes. Just commenting that it is a tragedy when young men die.

Not yet, but everyone was "honoring" Belcher last week by wearing his number and displaying pictures of him at the game.
Nobody was doing any honoring of the woman he killed. She was barely mentioned.
I have a big problem with that sort of thing.

Latest posts