Forecasting Iowa/Big Ten

nfl.com wouldnt have the guy listed as a top five wr if he didnt have nfl speed. hes probably a low 5.5 guy or better. thats plenty fast.

I'm gunna go ahead and assume you meant 4.5.

He was on the state champion 4x200 squad his senior year. He's got speed, he needs to drop some weight, which reportedly he's doing.

I think we will notch 8 wins (9 if we sneak one out unexpectedly) ... I do not agree this is the least talented roster since 2001. We have a lot of inexperience, but I think the talent is in the program. Our schedule is very weak; thus why I say we can get 8 wins at a minimum. Is this an 8-win team -- probably not... We should get seven wins just by putting our helmets on ... I know that given our unimpressive performances the past couple of years, no game is a gimme. But I think a new sense of urgency has awoken the complacent beast that started to take root in Iowa City.

Hopefully, the days of losing to the likes of Minnesota and Northwestern are behind us. The natives are getting restless ... Another 7-5 year does not cut it. I think Kirk knows that ... The fans know it ... That is why I think we will pull out at least 8 wins ...

He was on the state champion 4x200 squad his senior year. He's got speed, he needs to drop some weight, which reportedly he's doing.

My little brother was about the same age, so I got to see KD run at a few meets. He ran 100's, but never really had ELITE speed. He was in the low 11's, however...

he prolly hasnt gotten any faster since high school....

Campbell was on a radio talk show this past year talking about 40 times and he brought up one of the great Michigan WRs and his 40 time - forget the name (long time NFL player) and forget the exact time, but it was slow compared to message board talk about 'fast' times.......speed isn't everything. countless nfl examples of this.

I don't buy into the lack of talent bull crap. We have plenty of talent, and the staff shake up is just what we needed. 8-4 or 9-3 this year and next year in the B1G championship

The talent on this team is as down as it has been since at least 2007...related to experience at the least.

To me, talent and experience are two different things. There is talent on the Iowa team but a lot of young inexperienced talent.

The talent on this team is as down as it has been since at least 2007...related to experience at the least.

While this may be true, if I remember correctly the main problem with the 2007 team was that the O-line was having trouble keeping JC upright. We just couldn't get anything going offensively, which I don't think will be a problem this year. I think our O-line will be one of our strengths this year and the offense will be solid.

We're inexperienced for sure, especially on D. However, I don't think the problem is that the talent level is down.. it's just unknown at this point. It MAY be down, but hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised.

We're inexperienced for sure, especially on D. However, I don't think the problem is that the talent level is down.. it's just unknown at this point. It MAY be down, but hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised.

Cooper has talent and will play. Alvis played but who knows how he comes back. Most everything on the DL is in the 'hope' category, IMO.

Cooper has talent and will play. Alvis played but who knows how he comes back. Most everything on the DL is in the 'hope' category, IMO.

Good point, with Alvis it is "I hope they are healthy" with the young guys it is "I hope they are ready", with Davis is it "I hope he is healthy and I hope he has improved".

Good point, with Alvis it is "I hope they are healthy" with the young guys it is "I hope they are ready", with Davis is it "I hope he is healthy and I hope he has improved".

and that's a lot of hope...which is where my biggest concern lies.

I have been optimistic about the talent level. But I've also been following the Gazette series ranking the top players in the program. They're at #15 now, and most of the guys in the teens have all been "hope" kind of guys, rather than proven players. Its a little disconcerting.

But basically every good Iowa season in the KFz era has been a surprise. I'm hoping for a surprise this fall. The new aggressiveness within the program gives me hope for 8 or 9 wins.

While this may be true, if I remember correctly the main problem with the 2007 team was that the O-line was having trouble keeping JC upright. We just couldn't get anything going offensively, which I don't think will be a problem this year. I think our O-line will be one of our strengths this year and the offense will be solid.

In this case, I don't think it's accurate to blame awful QB play on the O-line.

Latest posts