Forde: Iowa in CF Playoff race

It is pretty cut and dry on Iowa's CFP chances they win out they should be in, a loss along the way and they are out. But I still think Iowa will stumble some where along the way. I'm keeping my hopes on winning the West Division and getting into the Rose Bowl.

It is pretty cut and dry on Iowa's CFP chances they win out they should be in, a loss along the way and they are out. But I still think Iowa will stumble some where along the way. I'm keeping my hopes on winning the West Division and getting into the Rose Bowl.

I take it the Rose Bowl is not part of the playoff bowl system this year?

Not to say that we aren't unfavorably looked down upon by the talking heads, but what would be the benefit of hyping a Utah over an Iowa on a national stage?

Utah's got nothing to do with hype. If they go undefeated, they'd have wins over Michigan, at Oregon (the Ducks are down, but putting on that beatdown in Autzen is still ridiculous), Cal, Arizona State, at USC, at Arizona, UCLA and Stanford (Pac-12 title game). I don't give a damn what name is on the jersey, no team with a resume like that will be left out.

If Iowa wins out and goes 12-0 and goes up against the east division champs who are 12-0 themselves and the east division champ is ranked in the top four in the polls, then there is no way they could exclude us. Iowa could be ranked in the top four themselves by the time the B1G championship game rolls around.

Having said that lets first beat Maryland first. Go Hawks.

Latest posts