For real? The Clowns are charging $90 for the Iowa game?

The easiest thing to do is simply not GO to the game. Let Pollard sit with the extra tickets and a 1/4 empty stadium. Get your friends together and go to a bar and watch the game and have a great time. If Iowa fans simply boycotted the game Pollard would look like a fool. Either pay up or quit complaining...There are solutions to not paying the hostage charge.

It would be different if this were a big-time game but it is with our little brothers, the lowly clowns, who have been a nonentity in football their entire history. The clowns lost one sellout when NE moved to the Big 10. Other than the Iowa game, there will be NO sellouts at Clown U, unless one of the other Big 12 teams fans decide to drive to Lames. Iowa is now their only sellout of the season. The best thing for Iowa would be just drop this game and schedule another Big 12 team. NOW that would be great...dropping the clowns to play another Big 12 team...now that would be an insult that Pollard could not take to the bank.

Besides with Nebraska now on the Big10 football schedule, as with almost all Big 10 games that Iowa plays, those tickets will be worth much more than the clowns tickets...don't kid yourself.

Smiliar to the BS he pulled two years ago when you had to buy the North Dakota State game ticket in order to get an Iowa ticket.

Barta should start charging $150 for a single game Iowa State ticket next year...that should keep Clone fans away from Kinnick.

Barta should start charging $150 for a single game Iowa State ticket next year...that should keep Clone fans away from Kinnick.

Absolutely he should. And I was reading yesterday that we offer 4,000 tickets for visiting fans. Isnt the Big 10 minimum that you have to offer 3,000? I have no idea why we would invite more visiting fans than we have to.

I may be wrong and the minimum could be 4,000.

Why would anyone spend $90 to watch a game in a high school stadium?

NewMex has it right. Stop complaining about it. Either fork over the money or watch the game from home. As long as people are willing to pay that kind of money, Pollard will keep charging it. Pretty good business sense in my opinion.

Do it. It generates revenue for a game that typically sells out no matter the gawking it gets. Both sides play this game down, but it makes so much money they wont stop doing it.

It gets pretty bitter, even more so closer to the game, but ****, thats a rivalry folks. My hope is that someday when we are on the up and up (hopefully), it will generate more national buzz. Two big Iowa teams clashing it out. Could be a lot of fun.

Um, 2 of 3 were national championship coachs, albeit not with ISU.

Regarding the game, its simple supply/demand. Guess what, there are enough Iowa fans willing to pay it and the stadium is always full for the game. Guess in my opinion it is better that Iowa and ISU make money on tickets than a scalper outside the gates.

The truth of the matter is I'd do the same. If you can charge it and they'll pay, why not?!

Now I will agree I don't enjoy and just as soon not play Iowa State.

Chad

NewMex has it right. Stop complaining about it. Either fork over the money or watch the game from home. As long as people are willing to pay that kind of money, Pollard will keep charging it. Pretty good business sense in my opinion.

This "high school stadium" is undergoing a face lift that will make it the best stadium in the state in the next five seasons.

Your favorite teams is playing in it?

This "high school stadium" is undergoing a face lift that will make it the best stadium in the state in the next five seasons.

hahaha best stadium in the state. Good luck with that. A great stadium requires a team that isn't one of the 5 worst BCS programs in history. Thanks for playin.

hahaha best stadium in the state. Good luck with that. A great stadium requires a team that isn't one of the 5 worst BCS programs in history. Thanks for playin.

Really? Didnt realize stadium construction had anything to do with the team. Always thought it had to do with money and design. I understand his claim is way out there, but an updated stadium will make it really nice to attend games. Historically we havent had the money to do it or it was never a priority. Now it is. The team on the field doesnt matter in this conversation unless he claims the best team in the state is getting an upgrade.

Did you follow Iowa in the late 90's? Damn give Paul Rhoads some time. Having 3 coaches in 4 years may affect this.

Dude...come on, don't give the rest of us a bad name
It will be beautiful. I will admit ISU is miles away from Iowa in football facilities but ISU is catching up. The new scoreboard, the changes to the NW corner, and the bowling in of the south endzone will vastly improve the stadium. And maybe I see it through cardinal and gold glasses, but I think these changes will put it over the top.

It will be beautiful. I will admit ISU is miles away from Iowa in football facilities but ISU is catching up. The new scoreboard, the changes to the NW corner, and the bowling in of the south endzone will vastly improve the stadium. And maybe I see it through cardinal and gold glasses, but I think these changes will put it over the top.
And are you a Field of dreams fan as well.

Latest posts