For everyone who said McCabe brought nothing..

The 5 in the motion offense sets screens on the wing. They will also get the ball out on the wing from time to time but they aren't out there trying to make plays on the wing. Face it, McCabe is generally out of position player no matter where he is on the floor unless he's playing the role of Devan Bawinkel.

Somebody has the guard the other team's center, right? Marble could be the guy to do that but that doesn't make him the 5.
Wow you are an idiot. Nobody is arguing that McCabe is a true 5. They are saying that he is currently playing the 5. When we get guys that are truly 5s he will move to his natural position of a 4. You said he was playing the 4, which he has not been playing when Basabe is on the floor. You also argued Basabe was playing the 5, which he has not, and his skill set is also not that of a 5.

think before you argue. Also, McCabe is light years better than Bawinkle was. He has attempted more than 2 2 point shots in his career.

The 5 in the motion offense sets screens on the wing. They will also get the ball out on the wing from time to time but they aren't out there trying to make plays on the wing. Face it, McCabe is generally out of position player no matter where he is on the floor unless he's playing the role of Devan Bawinkel.

Somebody has the guard the other team's center, right? Marble could be the guy to do that but that doesn't make him the 5.

How come it isn't a "big deal" who plays the 5 unless is it Basabe? You said this earlier:

Basabe is a good 4 and he should that last year with Cole playing the 5. This year he's had to play the 5 and has struggled.

Simple fact of the matter is you are incorrect. Everyone but you seems to understand that it has been McCabe, Brommer, and Archie playing the 5 and Basabe playing the 4. McCabe, Brommer, and Archie all guard the 5 while Basabe guards the 4.

You look and seem like a troll, but it might just be you don't really know BB that well. Sorry for assuming you were trolling, I will now just chalk it up to a lack of BB knowledge.

I can't tell you how silly this sounds except by saying this sounds silly.

Wow you are an idiot. Nobody is arguing that McCabe is a true 5. They are saying that he is currently playing the 5. When we get guys that are truly 5s he will move to his natural position of a 4. You said he was playing the 4, which he has not been playing when Basabe is on the floor. You also argued Basabe was playing the 5, which he has not, and his skill set is also not that of a 5.

think before you argue. Also, McCabe is light years better than Bawinkle was. He has attempted more than 2 2 point shots in his career.

Why do people think McCabe's natural position is the 4 spot? I don't think he has a natural position but if I had to assign one it would be the 2 spot. He's too short, too small and not athletic enough to play the 4. He's listed at 6' 7" (probably more like 6' 5") but he plays like he's 6' 2". We're f'd if he's our future at the 4 spot. I sure hope all the players around him are great then.

And I think we are done here. Thanks for playing.

Why do people think McCabe's natural position is the 4 spot? I don't think he has a natural position but if I had to assign one it would be the 2 spot. He's too short, too small and not athletic enough to play the 4. He's listed at 6' 7" (probably more like 6' 5") but he plays like he's 6' 2". We're f'd if he's our future at the 4 spot. I sure hope all the players around him are great then.
facepalm.jpg

You think he plays like he's 6'2" under the basket getting rebounds and put backs, more like he plays like he's 6'9". He's a 4 that can shoot, maybe he's a 3. Either way the point is he's not supposed to be a 5, but is doing a good job of making it work. Also, since he and Basabe are the same class he will be more of a utility guy that can swing from 3 to 5 and play all the positions. But to say he's a 2? Funny stuff. keep it comin' it's going to be a long day at the office and I need all the amusement I can get.

Last edited:

You say he is not athletic enough to play the 4 but would assign him the 2 spot if you had to?? WTF?

Not athletic enough to match up against power forwards but if you were forced to put him somewhere you would have him playing against shooting guards. You are making less and less sense the more you post.

He does not play like he is 6'2". He has started the past 2 games off with multiple aggressive baskets at the rim.

Honest question, does anyone think McCabe is quick enough to guard the 2 spot? It would make for one heck of a size advantage if he did. Could you imagine having Marble, McCabe, Woodbury, Basabe, and White all on the court at the same time?

Making those statements, you've must have stood next to him. I mean only someone who has stood next to him could accurately make that assertion.

If he's 6'5", I'm 5'10". I'm not. I'm 6'2" and he's a good 5" taller than I am.

He's all of 6'7", but keep trying to find reasons to dog him, I'm actually enjoying the hole you are digging.

Honest question, does anyone think McCabe is quick enough to guard the 2 spot? It would make for one heck of a size advantage if he did. Could you imagine having Marble, McCabe, Woodbury, Basabe, and White all on the court at the same time?

Maybe as a frosh, but he's put on a lot of muscle/weight. He's building up to be a bruiser. Greg Brunner type of player. I like Bru's game, but I don't think Iowa wants him on the perimeter.

Making those statements, you've must have stood next to him. I mean only someone who has stood next to him could accurately make that assertion.

If he's 6'5", I'm 5'10". I'm not. I'm 6'2" and he's a good 5" taller than I am.

He's all of 6'7", but keep trying to find reasons to dog him, I'm actually enjoying the hole you are digging.[/QUOTE]

I just hope I can put the first shovel full back in the hole when he finally gets banned.

Hey guys, what's with Aaron White playing point guard? I mean he's at the point on the press, so he plays the 1. Right? He plays like he is 7'0" at the PG spot because he shoots the ball and dribbles too.

I'm curious what all you fools out there think of McCabe now that it's been a year later since this thread was started. How are those burgers tasting now?

I'm curious what all you fools out there think of McCabe now that it's been a year later since this thread was started. How are those burgers tasting now?

Not sure what you're getting at here. MCCabe still brings something to the table.

Latest posts