For everyone who said McCabe brought nothing..

Who was the guy saying that we should enjoy Mel why we have him, because he is clearly going to jump early to the NBA?

i wasnt impressed with McCabe last year, but there was a post a few weeks ago saying i bet if your the opponent you hate players like him....hustle, scrappy, aggressive....couldnt be a more true statement. love the way he is playing! now, why isnt that fire rubbing off on basabe. basabe looks like his "head is in the clouds" most (99.9%) of the time!

Which sucks because before the Michigan game he had made 18 in a row.

The missed free throws were the difference in the game, not just McCabe but as a team. In the first half the calls were going Iowa's way and that lead would have been much bigger at the half had they made a few more of those FTs. I loved how the announcer kept pointing it out. I also love how every time the announcers say how great Gatens is at the free throw line he usually misses one.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, but didn't. :D

On the flip side McCabe hit a huge 3 when it looked like Purdue was going to run away with it in the first half. I will take 3-5 from the 3 point line anytime.

i wasnt impressed with McCabe last year, but there was a post a few weeks ago saying i bet if your the opponent you hate players like him....hustle, scrappy, aggressive....couldnt be a more true statement. love the way he is playing! now, why isnt that fire rubbing off on basabe. basabe looks like his "head is in the clouds" most (99.9%) of the time!

But back in the ole days McCabe would have redshirted his freshman year. Imagine how impressed we would have been if this was his rs freshman season?

aggressive, firey, tough, fearless, smart, shoots it well, rebounds it, drives it, finishes well, hustles, takes charges, can carry the team, buy yeah other that THAT he brings nothing.

+1000. Love the kid's attitude and skill set, and his willingness to give his body up for the cause. That charging call last night was total horseshale; should have been a block on Hummel figure.

In another year Zach will get those calls.

But back in the ole days McCabe would have redshirted his freshman year. Imagine how impressed we would have been if this was his rs freshman season?

He wouldn't be playing like this if that were the case, IMO. The experience he gained last year was invaluable. He now knows what works/doesn't work in the Big Ten. Last year he'd try to do too many things that worked for him in high school, but not in the Big Ten. He's not doing those things anymore. Combine that with his physical maturation/development, and you have what we're seeing.

He's quickly turning into a poor man's Chris Street, right down to the free throw shooting (the 18 in a row part, not the minor funk he's been in the past two games).

*DUCKS*

I'd rather be that guy than the XXX sucks guy.

Either way, you'd better get in line for those **** sandwiches you're serving.

You got Ghost Pwned!!!

37387-15886.jpg

He also is a soph. He will get better. I like that he is aggressive he's not a flashy above the rim guy but every team would like to have a guy like him play big mins for them.

I always said he brought an attitude... so I guess that keeps me off the list of the ones who said he brought nothing.

If it were a cat **** burger, my dog would love it. Me? I'm guessing it tastes like ****.
Was not high on McCabe to start the season. He has definitely earned my respect and praise. And really, who wouldn't want that?

You can't blame anyone for being down on McCabe last year, he certainly didn't look like he belonged.

Ive been in his corner from early on this year.

I honestly think he has come the furthest of anyone even more than Marble.

Fans are so game to game judgemental.
Last year, I liked some elements of McCabe's game...namely his ball skills.
He had a nice shooting stroke and he could handle the ball with both hands.
Fans seem to either love or hate players week to week.
Melsahn was the ''hot'' player last year and now he is getting condemned.
McCabe got condemned last year,and now he is the greatest.

I wish fans would be less extreme in their analysis of players.
Right now Melsahn is nursing a groin injury that affects the best part of his game...running,leaping,rebounding,blocking shots,put-backs..ect.
So, he looks a step slow and after he sat down with foul trouble last nite,could not get loosened up again.
None of these players will have straight trend-lines with performance evenly trending up as they get experience. The other team gives schollys also,ya know?

Put me in this category. I was wrong. (Although I think our days of offering a guy like McCabe a scholarship are done).

I've been surprised by his ability to put the ball on the court and blow by people, which his outside shooting has been strong enough to set up.

I am happy that he continues to improve and glad he is on the team. I was wrong.

Now that I've admitted that, I will say the guys that Fran is starting to bring in will eventually be an upgrade over McCabe. The small forwards will be quicker and more explosive. And the power forwards will have post skills and more height. (And based on commits Fran has, they all look like they can shoot). At least White and Meyer can.

Again, I was wrong on McCabe and I love his energy, but against good players, I think he'll always have more disadvantages than advantages.

McCabe is a pretty damn good player and I think he is underrated by people on here. Probably because he is kind of funny looking. He can battle a bit underneath and hit a three (he should shoot them more I think) His rebounding could improve but I like what he offers.

I always said he brought an attitude... so I guess that keeps me off the list of the ones who said he brought nothing.

This. I clearly underestimated his potential, but even last year, I loved the attitude he brought; reminded me of an "enforcer" in hockey. But he's been impressing me all season with his improvement as a player, while still keeping that attitude.

Latest posts