Football Season Ticke Requests Nearly DOUBLE Supply

I agree that priority points are the best way to settle.... buyt what about a 3 year season ticket hold with 9 pts.... should they be allowed additional tickets over a recent grad with 10?
I applied for the first time this year... I have 14 points. I want 2 seats. I'm not going to be upset if I am not granted tickets... but I also know a person that has 10 applications in order to scalp all of his tickets. That makes me mad. I wish there were a way to screen for people who will actually use the tickets. I have a feeling that there are MANY people out there that have numerous applications in (in their name, wifes name, friends name etc..) all so they can scalp any ticket they get.

And I do see what you're saying, but with all things being equal, those who are existing customers have priority over those who are new customers due to a system that the University itself put into place with the priority points system. Existing customers get first crack, per that policy and that's the way this situation should be handled.

In my situation the extra ticket is for someone that wasn't born at the start of the football season last year so it would've been a bit hard to have a ticket for her. Kind of like the exeption that I suggested earlier that should be made for students just finishing school.

Don't worry, I've been randomly screaming Go Hawks in my daughters ear over the past few months to get her ready for the loud noises at Kinnick. I'm sure there will be games where she doesn't do so well, but that's why my wife will be there, to take my daughter out to the concourse if she's crying. Just as a side note, we proudly named our daughter Hayden. Go Hawks!!!

After the chick from Heroes I'm assuming:D

I've heard there's a thin line between genious and insanity and I'm not sure which side bringing a baby to Hawkeye games falls on.

After the chick from Heroes I'm assuming:D

I've heard there's a thin line between genious and insanity and I'm not sure which side bringing a baby to Hawkeye games falls on.

It's funny because anyone who isn't familiar with Iowa football asks if it is after the girl from Heroes, but if I'm wearing Iowa gear or if someone knows Iowa football they get it right away. I guess it gets through to the important people.

I think it's much closer to the insanity side of the scale. If it doesn't go well we will end up bringing a different family member or close friend. We probably won't bring her to the night game against Penn State or the late games where it's going to be really cold. But I've already made it clear with my wife that if it isn't going well at a game, she's the one handling it. She knows that those seven days are all about Iowa football so she's pretty understanding.

I agree that priority points are the best way to settle.... buyt what about a 3 year season ticket hold with 9 pts.... should they be allowed additional tickets over a recent grad with 10?
I applied for the first time this year... I have 14 points. I want 2 seats. I'm not going to be upset if I am not granted tickets... but I also know a person that has 10 applications in order to scalp all of his tickets. That makes me mad. I wish there were a way to screen for people who will actually use the tickets. I have a feeling that there are MANY people out there that have numerous applications in (in their name, wifes name, friends name etc..) all so they can scalp any ticket they get.

That's a good point. It's hard to say in that case who's more deserving of that seat. I would say someone who just graduated in May should have the ability to get season tickets to the upcoming season if they apply. That's one instance where the university needs to make an exception and I think the way they do that is giving graduates 10 points so they can jump ahead in line a little bit. You don't want to shut out a customer that just spent a lot of money by attending your university and who could be 50 years worth of business. It's a tough task for the ticket office, no doubt about it. In a year like this they are not going to make everyone happy.

That's a good point. It's hard to say in that case who's more deserving of that seat. I would say someone who just graduated in May should have the ability to get season tickets to the upcoming season if they apply. That's one instance where the university needs to make an exception and I think the way they do that is giving graduates 10 points so they can jump ahead in line a little bit. You don't want to shut out a customer that just spent a lot of money by attending your university and who could be 50 years worth of business. It's a tough task for the ticket office, no doubt about it. In a year like this they are not going to make everyone happy.

It's one that many businesses face at some point. Do you spend more time/money going after new customers or do you spend it on maintaining the customer base you already have.

Like you said, either way some people won't be happy.

And I do see what you're saying, but with all things being equal, those who are existing customers have priority over those who are new customers due to a system that the University itself put into place with the priority points system. Existing customers get first crack, per that policy and that's the way this situation should be handled.

In my situation the extra ticket is for someone that wasn't born at the start of the football season last year so it would've been a bit hard to have a ticket for her. Kind of like the exeption that I suggested earlier that should be made for students just finishing school.

Don't worry, I've been randomly screaming Go Hawks in my daughters ear over the past few months to get her ready for the loud noises at Kinnick. I'm sure there will be games where she doesn't do so well, but that's why my wife will be there, to take my daughter out to the concourse if she's crying. Just as a side note, we proudly named our daughter Hayden. Go Hawks!!!

So under your argument a high priority ticket holder could say he wants 100 new tickets this season and the University would have to honor it? That doesn't seem fair to me.

Everyone has their own story for wanting tickets. I wouldn't dare try to take my one year old twins to a game yet. They just wouldn't appreciate it as much as a recent Iowa grad. I didn't truly appreciate the going to the games until I was at least seven and I still turned out to be a rabid fan.

It's not like the university is saying they are going to take away your current tickets or reassign your seats to a crappier section in favor of some new ticket holder. Priority points secure what you have.

By letting some new customers get seats they are opening in roads for new donors. Chances are if current ticket holders don't get their additional seat requests fulfilled they aren't going to stop donating to Iowa.

my 2¢

So under your argument a high priority ticket holder could say he wants 100 new tickets this season and the University would have to honor it? That doesn't seem fair to me.

Everyone has their own story for wanting tickets. I wouldn't dare try to take my one year old twins to a game yet. They just wouldn't appreciate it as much as a recent Iowa grad. I didn't truly appreciate the going to the games until I was at least seven and I still turned out to be a rabid fan.

It's not like the university is saying they are going to take away your current tickets or reassign your seats to a crappier section in favor of some new ticket holder. Priority points secure what you have.

By letting some new customers get seats they are opening in roads for new donors. Chances are if current ticket holders don't get their additional seat requests fulfilled they aren't going to stop donating to Iowa.

my 2¢

Just like anything else there has to be a common sense element thrown in. Of course don't let returning season ticket holders request adding on 100 seats. There's a big difference between that and in requesting an addtional 1-2 seats. Put some type of cap on the number of addtional seats you can request.

I don't think that priority points only secure what you have. You are secured with what you have by simply renewing your tickets. Priority points come in as a factor when demand outweighs supply. I feel that my priority points should allow me to add on one additional seat before they start selling those seats to new season ticket holders.

The University is going to get their donations regardless. It's a mandatory donation to sit in certain sections so they get that regardless. Whether it's me donating the extra $600 or someone else, they still get their money.

Has anyone heard if any new season ticket requests have been denied that aren't faculty/staff? Just curious since all I've heard so far is that additional seat requests and new faculty/staff requests are getting denied. Thanks!

I've heard of a few people getting limited requests. They requested 4 and got 2, and were first time applicants. I believe they were grads.

I was offered the reduced 2 seven-game tickets...........I had requested four. So at the end of the day it's better than nothing, although it's going to be a fight every Saturday as to who gets to go.

I'm a first timer.

not sure how that whole priority points works and what gets you points and what not.........but I made an I-Club donation separate from my ticket appl., so don't know if that helped me out or not.

I can honestly say good for you guys. That is great that you got tickets! That being said, is anyone else a little ticked that other first timers got tickets and not yourself? I am even on the faculty/staff and still got denied. Something just doesnt seem right about that.

maybe they resorted to first come first serve........I had my appl. in the first day they started accepting them, who knows.

@ iowachief.........$100.00.......but I read a post somewhere else that another person got the same 2 ticket offer and they had zero points.

Oh I was there first day as well. I had my application in at 11 on the first day possible, so that has nothing to do with it. I can honestly say I am ****** off, but what can you do?

I got the same ticket deal as cubbyhawk. I got my application in on the first day as well. I don't know how the priority points work, but I did request for tickets that require a donation. I also donate $100 a year to the I Club.

I had my app in the first day and also donated $100 before submitting my app and still haven't heard anything. I only requested 2 tickets. Maybe I'll get lucky and end up with tickets. This waiting around sucks though! Everytime I get an email I'm almost afraid to look at it.