Football Season Ticke Requests Nearly DOUBLE Supply

"Fans will be offered tickets to either Iowa’s non-conference game against Eastern Illinois (Sept. 4) or Ball State (Sept. 25), and, most likely, the Hawkeyes’ date with Big Ten Conference rival Michigan State (Oct. 30)"

Both games that probably won't be worth paying face value for vs. buying from friends of friends/family/scalpers/etc. (which I've done the last 4 years)

Really angry about this...the only positive being that you're added to the list for next year...

You should be angry at yourself for not buying season tickets any other year until now.

As long as they award tickets fairly, and base them off of priority points like they say they do, I will have no complaints if I don't get tickets.... I'd rather be offered all or possibly a 6 game package with no ISU game. The 2 game package is a joke.
I wasn't in a position to buy tickets last year, or else I would have done so.
I can only imagine the volume of phone calls that ticket office is going to see tomorrow with this news coming out.

I'm not so sure that this demand will be sustained even if we continue to have this level of success. I think the schedule has driven this demand as much as the success of the team. Obviously both are contributing factors but if this were last year's schedule with this year's team I don't think we'd have nearly this much demand.

I also wonder how many people put in for season tickets with the idea of scalping them. An investment in season tickets this year is likely to bring a pretty healthy return if they're scalped.

You should be angry at yourself for not buying season tickets any other year until now.

Point taken.

But, like I said...why pay $50+ per game on season tickets when I could just scalp a student ticket for $15-20 per game, and an occasional $50 for a ISU/night game...

Not saying others like myself aren't to "blame" here...it's actually a great problem for the University to have...something still seems pretty fishy here though, considering how much more money they make by selling single game tickets vs. season tickets...

Point taken.

But, like I said...why pay $50+ per game on season tickets when I could just scalp a student ticket for $15-20 per game, and an occasional $50 for a ISU/night game...

Not saying others like myself aren't to "blame" here...it's actually a great problem for the University to have...something still seems pretty fishy here though, considering how much more money they make by selling single game tickets vs. season tickets...

More money from single game tickets vs. season tickets...ummm no. If you take the donations from season tickets and average them out over all season ticket holders...it's not even close. Not to mention season ticket holders are the ones paying for parking through the University...single game ticket holders just park in the private lots that mean nothing to the University financially.

I do think that we will inevitably see prices go up after this season and it's not very often that prices go back down after they've gone up.

I'll probably see if I can get into a couple of games this year...and I'm already planning on going to at least Ann Arbor...possibly Kinnick East and Kinnick North as well. But I'm most excited for what the downtown IC scene will be like on gamedays...there will probably be a lot of fans who can't get tickets or aren't willing to shell out $100+ per ticket and it's always a lot more fun down there for me when it's busier and a little rowdy.

Somehow I don't think they're turning away the people who have donated. They're turning down the new season ticket holders. The people who are paying less per ticket than if they were to sell the tickets as singles. Since they know that they will more than likely sell out every game, are they saving more seats for single game tickets vs. season tickets? I don't know...

Also, I've had single game tickets the last 6 years & paid for parking in Myrtle, a university lot, almost every game....just saying...

I understand that 2300 buyers requested 7300 season tickets, versus only 4500 available. Fine. What I can't figure out is how that might mean zero tickets for four of the seven games. Did the Athletic Dept. decide to pull all 4500 off the table for those four games?

I understand that 2300 buyers requested 7300 season tickets, versus only 4500 available. Fine. What I can't figure out is how that might mean zero tickets for four of the seven games. Did the Athletic Dept. decide to pull all 4500 off the table for those four games?

That's what I said. I don't understand it.

Am I the only one who takes issue with this headline? It implies we had 140k season ticket requests.

REALLY kicking myself now. Last year we almost bought season tickets and missed one of the best seasons in Hawkeye football. Got enough babysitting options to feel able to make the leap this year. We applied for season tickets and sounds like we're going to miss the best games of another great season. I need a time machine to go back and tell myself to buy 2009 tickets.

I am curious how the 2010 tickets are going to work out. Sounds like they had 4500 tickets they could sell for 7 games and 2000 more they could sell for all but the ISU game (5k vs 3k to opponent). So I think there would be 6500 MSU, Wisc, OSU and PSU tickets.

New ticket requests were 7300 and the press release doesn't say how many current ticket holders requested extra seats. If most of the new 7300 are going to get Ball State/Eastern IL + MSU, I have the same question others have posted - who gets to buy those 6500 Wisc, OSU and PSU tickets? If I couldn't get season tickets, I was at least thinking a 3 game (w/ 2 Big10 games) package would be my consolation prize.

Well, prices are not likely to go down, but I dont think there is all of the sudden going to be this level of demand year in and year out.

This is perhaps the most anticipated football season in the last half century. There's your reason.

I agree with this Jon but what happens if they have the great year that everybody thinks they are going to have? I don't see the demand going down if that's the case, plus I think what is happening with season tickets this year will give people an even bigger reason to renew their season tickets if they know at some point in the future they could be left out in the cold.

I'm not too worried if I don't get mine. I wasn't a season ticket holder last season and still went to every home Big Ten game plus Arizona(and paid much less overall than if I had bought the tickets from the university). I sent in for tickets this year, but I'm confident I will still be in Kinnick this fall even if my ticket request is denied.

Experience is key when getting tickets on gameday. :)

If you want to know where all those extra season tickets are at, go look on ebay, stubhub. There are people out there who will donate the top dollar and they will get the U of I attention by saying we can sell these tickets for so much and give the left over $$ back to university. Its a scam by the U of I, allowing all these non-iowa fans buy tickets and give them priority over everyone else.

Yeah, damnit, self! Why did I waste all that money on the wife and kids the past few years, when I could have been building up season ticket priority points. Stupid!

For those of you that asked for additional tickets it looks like they started to send out e-mails letting people know if they got rejected. Per Hawkeye Report more than a few posters on there indicated they received an e-mail from the university today saying they couldn't get the additional tix they asked for. So if you're one of those like my family that requested extra keep checking your e-mail folder and hope you don't see anything from the U.

If you want to know where all those extra season tickets are at, go look on ebay, stubhub. There are people out there who will donate the top dollar and they will get the U of I attention by saying we can sell these tickets for so much and give the left over $$ back to university. Its a scam by the U of I, allowing all these non-iowa fans buy tickets and give them priority over everyone else.

LOL- u serious clark?

Do you ever have a CLUE how the priority system works? This is sour grapes at its finest, wow.

Latest posts