Football posting rules

CFHawk

Jon, you might as well throw out the rules "sticky" if you are not going to come close to enforcement.

I think we're allowed to express disappointment and critique the players and coaches.
I get that you probably think some of us are "calling out" the QB, the O coordinator, and the head coach, but honestly I think most of the sentiment posted about those particular individuals has not been "calling out".

I'm satisfied with neither the current state nor the direction of the Iowa FB program. That is entirely the responsibility of the head coach (with lesser responsibility assigned to the AD). Ferentz hired a complete quack to replace KOK and if that isn't glaringly obvious to every Hawk fan, then y'all don't know anything about football. Also, the 5th year senior who is the starting QB is a weak spot, bordering on a liability. Also the responsibility of the head coach.

We're allowed to express these opinions. Grit your teeth if you have to, but until there are measurable signs of improvement and a change in trajectory, we're going to let it out 'round here.

I dont mind people being critical but if people start name calling and such, that's not what I am interested in seeing.

Cripes, Tork. Really??

That one goes past calling out Vandy on poor play. Inferring that he's a "short-d!cked loser who can't satisfy a woman," because he hunts for fun, or questioning his heart because he went on a hunting trip in the offseason, is something that crosses the line, IMO. Criticize his play all you want. I'm guilty of that, too. But the other stuff is just not right.

Nobody likes a taddle tale...... Except Jon

I'm curious to see if he does. We'll see what he decides to do; there certainly are a few posters allowed to do essentially whatever they please on this site, regardless of all the stern talking-to's we get every now and again. Either enforce the rules, or get rid of them all together.

I stand by my opinion that anyone who trophy hunts (as in, killing a living thing only for a macho thrill and to hang on a wall) is an overcompensating asshat.

People are ripping on hunting more then JVB and I'm sure that's how JVB would take it if he read that thread. He would probably think "wow people out there don't like hunting, big shocker"

People are ripping on hunting more then JVB and I'm sure that's how JVB would take it if he read that thread. He would probably think "wow people out there don't like hunting, big shocker"

I think questioning his heart when it comes to football, based on his trip, goes beyond just "not liking hunting". There's a little of that in there, too.

And like I said, if there aren't several posts in there that don't violate the rules, then there's no point having rules in the first place. If Jon wants to take them down and say everything is fair game, fine. But stop saying one thing and doing another.

If you haven't noticed, the Diesel has been too busy to moderate this joint in a long time. A few cry baby comments and now people want to start calling others out. Pathetic. If you have been a member here the last 12 months and not out of the blue something hurts your butt so bad you want to cry to daddy, then I would guess there have been a lot of other things you have ignored the last 12 months that you didn't cry about, huh?

If you haven't noticed, the Diesel has been too busy to moderate this joint in a long time. A few cry baby comments and now people want to start calling others out. Pathetic. If you have been a member here the last 12 months and not out of the blue something hurts your butt so bad you want to cry to daddy, then I would guess there have been a lot of other things you have ignored the last 12 months that you didn't cry about, huh?

I've just grown tired of it all. And if Jon is too busy to moderate, then he needs to appoint mods to do the grunt work for him. And I have complained before. Doesn't seem to do a whole lot of good, but this is just as much calling out Jon as it is posters who frequently cross the line.

I think we're allowed to express disappointment and critique the players and coaches.
I get that you probably think some of us are "calling out" the QB, the O coordinator, and the head coach, but honestly I think most of the sentiment posted about those particular individuals has not been "calling out".

I'm satisfied with neither the current state nor the direction of the Iowa FB program. That is entirely the responsibility of the head coach (with lesser responsibility assigned to the AD). Ferentz hired a complete quack to replace KOK and if that isn't glaringly obvious to every Hawk fan, then y'all don't know anything about football. Also, the 5th year senior who is the starting QB is a weak spot, bordering on a liability. Also the responsibility of the head coach.

We're allowed to express these opinions. Grit your teeth if you have to, but until there are measurable signs of improvement and a change in trajectory, we're going to let it out 'round here.

What about calling our a QB a "short dicked loser" cause he doesn't live by your fanciful liberal world view?

What about calling our a QB a "short dicked loser" cause he doesn't live by your fanciful liberal world view?

He was just making a general statement, like saying if you drive a big truck you must have a small dick. If I hunted the only way that would offend me was ifi actually had a small dick. Fortunately that's not the case cause I'm hung like a tuna can and we all know its girth that matters.