Fleming Trying to Bring 5 Star Big Man to Iowa City

Can we get a bigger inferiority complex as it relates to basketball recruiting?

I'm glad Fran and the staff have a more can-do attitude than those on this board.

The kid said he's going to Iowa. We have no valid reason to question that commitment at this time.

Do kids sometimes back out of their commitments? Yes, of course--but is there any reason to question Fleming at this point? No. Let him speak for himself.

BTW--Skal appears to have a really nice set of skills and would be a great addition to Iowa's team.

Sounds like he will likely play in China. He will ink a shoe deal soon that will bring millions, and China will be good for his brand. And yes, he will make at least 300k in China for a year. He will be a top 5 pick next draft, and those guys do not go to NBDL.

china would not be in europe

see original post

Can we get a bigger inferiority complex as it relates to basketball recruiting?

I'm glad Fran and the staff have a more can-do attitude than those on this board.

The kid said he's going to Iowa. We have no valid reason to question that commitment at this time.

Do kids sometimes back out of their commitments? Yes, of course--but is there any reason to question Fleming at this point? No. Let him speak for himself.

This....

I have the exact opposite thoughts on Fleming: He is an obviously charismatic leader. When was the last time Iowa had one of those?! I think he has a lot of Mateen Cleeves and Jess Settles in him; that is why his new teammates have immediately gravitated towards him.

Possibly last year before his injury. Currently, Hutton is listed at #185 by 247:
http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

I do expect his ranking to rise as he's seen more post-recovery.

If you go to the voice of the hawkeyes web site and do a search on Brandon Hutton he is listed as a four star and top hundred recruit, but isn't under the composite rankings. I don't really know what the difference is, but maybe someone on here does. If they meant the 89th best small forward in the country I doubt they would of rated him as a four star prospect.

I'll take my chances with Fleming. If we lose him for some reason because he's trying to bring some high level talent to the Hawkeyes then so be it.

china would not be in europe

see original post

Original post said that Mudiay will play ''overseas''...which could mean Euro or China. I read that he was likely headed to China. He will make millions on the shoe deal alone, and China is a huge market that all shoe co.s want to penetrate. This is a high level pick...top 5....so they would not want him in the D league...they want to showcase him.

If he thinks a lot of himself, as he should, I would think he'd rather play at a place that really wants him and is excited about him, like Iowa, rather than be a "throw in" with someplace that wants Skal.

True, but in this case were talking about a one and done, top 10ish player. He’s a lead-your-team-to-a-conference-championship-as-a-freshman-type-player.

When was the last guy in the conference that led his team to the championship his freshman season. Their might of been a few freshmen that were on championship teams as freshmen. The guy from Indiana last year that was a top draft pick couldn't even lead the team to the NCAA tournament.

When was the last guy in the conference that led his team to the championship his freshman season. Their might of been a few freshmen that were on championship teams as freshmen. The guy from Indiana last year that was a top draft pick couldn't even lead the team to the NCAA tournament.

Trey Burke, 2011-12
Jared Sullinger, 2010-11

Why do peoe think Fleming is leaving? He's already turned down blue blood programs closer to home than iowa.

Why do peoe think Fleming is leaving? He's already turned down blue blood programs closer to home than iowa.

Florida is the only school among his offers that could even remotely be considered a blue blood. Others were sniffing around, but none offered. And in terms of prestige, Florida doesn't hold a candle to Duke/UNC/Kansas/etc., which are the kinds of schools Skal is going to be hunted by.

Florida is the only school among his offers that could even remotely be considered a blue blood. Others were sniffing around, but none offered. And in terms of prestige, Florida doesn't hold a candle to Duke/UNC/Kansas/etc., which are the kinds of schools Skal is going to be hunted by.

Umm have you seen the level of success Florida has had in the last decade? Hint: It's better than the 3 schools you just names.

Latest posts