Fleming Trying to Bring 5 Star Big Man to Iowa City

Can we get a bigger inferiority complex as it relates to basketball recruiting?

I'm glad Fran and the staff have a more can-do attitude than those on this board.

The kid said he's going to Iowa. We have no valid reason to question that commitment at this time.

Do kids sometimes back out of their commitments? Yes, of course--but is there any reason to question Fleming at this point? No. Let him speak for himself.

This post has a lot of mustard on it! I recall an interview after Fleming verballed where he stated he was pretty tight with a lot of top talent that he was gonna start recruiting some big guns to Iowa. It appears to me the kid is doing nothing more than keeping his word. That is, well, admirable.

Best friends choose to play at different schools all the time. There are so many other factors involved. Atwood saw more playing time (and also had a friend at ASU). The fact that Iowa needs 2 big men in this class helps the cause but this is still a long shot at this point.

Florida is the only school among his offers that could even remotely be considered a blue blood. Others were sniffing around, but none offered. And in terms of prestige, Florida doesn't hold a candle to Duke/UNC/Kansas/etc., which are the kinds of schools Skal is going to be hunted by.

Memphis is purty good too

Can we get a bigger inferiority complex as it relates to basketball recruiting?

I'm glad Fran and the staff have a more can-do attitude than those on this board.

The kid said he's going to Iowa. We have no valid reason to question that commitment at this time.

Do kids sometimes back out of their commitments? Yes, of course--but is there any reason to question Fleming at this point? No. Let him speak for himself.

Can I get an AMEN!!!

Umm have you seen the level of success Florida has had in the last decade? Hint: It's better than the 3 schools you just names.

You don't earn blue blood status off a decade or two worth of performance. There are 6 blue bloods in college basketball, IMO, and they are Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, Indiana, Duke and UNC.

Iowa State is knocking on the door to become the 7th.

You don't earn blue blood status off a decade or two worth of performance. There are 6 blue bloods in college basketball, IMO, and they are Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, Indiana, Duke and UNC.

Iowa state isn't even the best team in the state. You are probably just trying to get a rise out of someone.

They need to get out of Michigan State's way