Fleming Trying to Bring 5 Star Big Man to Iowa City

Here's a mix tape from the camp he was at with Flemming over the weekend. Kid can basically do it all. Looks to have all the skills you look for in a center except this kid can also shoot. Have no idea how much of a chance Iowa has, but he'd be a monster get.....

http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/402198?referrer_id=1238120

BscW2zPCYAAG-Mw.jpg:large

Kinda like how Trey Dickerson was tight with his buddy Willie Atwood, right? Never hurts having some ties, but we all saw how it worked out with Atwood, so I'll believe it when it happens (this kid picking us over UK, Baylor, Memphis, etc.)

So at first I was like ok.. the kid can dunk and looks pretty athletic and then he starts popping 3s.

Nice touch on the short shots. Good control on defense, especially while blocking shots. Very smooth free throw. Would have like to see him go stronger to the hoop.

Kinda like how Trey Dickerson was tight with his buddy Willie Atwood, right? Never hurts having some ties, but we all saw how it worked out with Atwood, so I'll believe it when it happens (this kid picking us over UK, Baylor, Memphis, etc.)
I believe there is more to this friendship than Dickerson/Atwood. It can't hurt. He's also got an offer from KU. Wouldn't that be awesome to take on from UK and KU instead of the other way around.

I believe there is more to this friendship than Dickerson/Atwood. It can't hurt. He's also got an offer from KU. Wouldn't that be awesome to take on from UK and KU instead of the other way around.

I'm really not trying to be a smartass here but based on what?

I never heard anything about a package deal to IOWA per se...if anything I fear Fleming is trying to parlay one of the many top shelf offers Skal has.

Unfortunately if the big boys are calling Iowa will most likely play bridesmaid ... How could you blame a kid for turning down (for example) a Kansas who just had 2 of its players slected with the first 3 draft picks? Iowa just does not have that pull. We are solid; we are a known name; but outside of Iowa and outside the Big 10 ... I don't think our image is what WE think it is ... I think Iowa is very similiar to a Maryland ... meaning ... a school that is pretty good in sports ... but not a heavy hitter ...

Anywho, heck can't hurt that this kid and Fleming are friends ... But lots of these kids get to know each now with all the camps that take and the crazy 24/7 news/social/media world we live in. But, hey ... anything is possible, right!? :)

Unfortunately if the big boys are calling Iowa will most likely play bridesmaid ... How could you blame a kid for turning down (for example) a Kansas who just had 2 of its players slected with the first 3 draft picks? Iowa just does not have that pull. We are solid; we are a known name; but outside of Iowa and outside the Big 10 ... I don't think our image is what WE think it is ... I think Iowa is very similiar to a Maryland ... meaning ... a school that is pretty good in sports ... but not a heavy hitter ...

Anywho, heck can't hurt that this kid and Fleming are friends ... But lots of these kids get to know each now with all the camps that take and the crazy 24/7 news/social/media world we live in. But, hey ... anything is possible, right!? :)

Last edited:
Some rumblings on Twitter that Fleming is tight with 5 star big man Skal Labissiere and he is trying to convince him to come to Iowa City.

Serious question here .. but what "rumblings?" I don't even see Iowa listed on his schools of interest? Has Fleming flatout said he is trying to convince this kid to come to Iowa? I know Dickerson did flatout say in articles and on Twitter he was working on Atwood. Is that what you are saying? When I read a comment about some "rumblings" I just naturally get skeptical so just looking for an example ...

Brandon Hutton is listed at number 89 and a four star recruit on 247 sports. Hopefully, that will help with the rest of the recruiting.

Kansas had 2 of the 3 first picks because they recruited 2 of the 3 best Freshman in the Country. Wiggins and Embiid would have been high lottery picks if they went to Iowa too. Kansas did nothing, other than let them play.

I don't disagree with your premise that Iowa doesn't land those recruits. But going to "Kansas" doesn't make a kid a lottery pick. Most of those kids were lottery picks the minute they walked through the door of any BCS caliber program.

Kansas had 2 of the 3 first picks because they recruited 2 of the 3 best Freshman in the Country. Wiggins and Embiid would have been high lottery picks if they went to Iowa too. Kansas did nothing, other than let them play.

I don't disagree with your premise that Iowa doesn't land those recruits. But going to "Kansas" doesn't make a kid a lottery pick. Most of those kids were lottery picks the minute they walked through the door of any BCS caliber program.

Larry Brown lost his top recruit. He has decided to play overseas for a year before trying to go to the NBA. It could be a trend in the future. That's the same guy Kentucky was after before settling for Ulis. Even if the guy doesn't make the NBA, he probably will make a lot of money in basketball overseas without having to go to class.

Larry Brown lost his top recruit. He has decided to play overseas for a year before trying to go to the NBA. It could be a trend in the future. That's the same guy Kentucky was after before settling for Ulis. Even if the guy doesn't make the NBA, he probably will make a lot of money in basketball overseas without having to go to class.

Those guys go to class? :)

Serious question here .. but what "rumblings?" I don't even see Iowa listed on his schools of interest? Has Fleming flatout said he is trying to convince this kid to come to Iowa? I know Dickerson did flatout say in articles and on Twitter he was working on Atwood. Is that what you are saying? When I read a comment about some "rumblings" I just naturally get skeptical so just looking for an example ...

Some recruiting reporter (I'm too lazy to look at who it was) tweeted that he spoke to the two of them and that "a package deal between the two is a possibility." A bunch of Iowa personalities retweeted it and everyone got pumped.

They all seemed to overlook the fact that Iowa was not mentioned.

Latest posts