Fleck to Minnesota.....I'm gonna go puke now!!!

The latest negative take from Mpls sports media.... THIS will be Fleck's biggest challenge, the lousy attitude of the Minnesota sports scene.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/07/tom-powers-p-j-fleck-may-have-just-hit-career-roadblock/

I've lived up here quite awhile and the most glaring thing up here is that it is such a loser city when it comes to sports. And the media is quick to pounce. They've had a lot of big talking coaches (Holtz, Wacker, Brewster) at the U of M and the last two fell flat on their face and Holtz and he bolted quickly.

And the pro sports franchises up here make Gopher football look like a well oiled machine. They call themselves the "State of Hockey" and they're not even all that good at that.

But I still think a good coach can get the Gophers on top of the West. They just need to find someone to lock down their borders and keep their good players here.

I've lived up here quite awhile and the most glaring thing up here is that it is such a loser city when it comes to sports. And the media is quick to pounce. They've had a lot of big talking coaches (Holtz, Wacker, Brewster) at the U of M and the last two fell flat on their face and Holtz and he bolted quickly.

And the pro sports franchises up here make Gopher football look like a well oiled machine. They call themselves the "State of Hockey" and they're not even all that good at that.

But I still think a good coach can get the Gophers on top of the West. They just need to find someone to lock down their borders and keep their good players here.

You definitely live up here too...know the vibe (should have guessed by your name...been to Pizzeria Lola lately?). The negativity in the sports media is something else

They lose plenty of players to NDSU, WIsconsin and Iowa.(in that order) It'll interesting to see what happens moving forward.

Excellent hire by Minnesota! PJ Fleck is the antithesis of Ferentz, he's an outgoing promoter, a vivacious leader and an innovative recruiter and coach. Ferentz is antiquated, boring and predictable. PJ will be an immediate success (already is on the recruiting front) and will make Ferentz and staff look like 80 years olds. New facilities coming to the already refurbished stadium - PJ will have the Gophers as a highly desirable program sought after by recruits and a perennial winner.

Prediction: Gophers win the West in 2018. The Big10 in the 2019 and will win a NC before PJ is done. Brian Ferentz will be over his skis as an OC and with PJ stealing talent and the Fleck effect will have an immediate negative effect on the Hawkeyes.

Excellent hire by Minnesota! PJ Fleck is the antithesis of Ferentz, he's an outgoing promoter, a vivacious leader and an innovative recruiter and coach. Ferentz is antiquated, boring and predictable. PJ will be an immediate success (already is on the recruiting front) and will make Ferentz and staff look like 80 years olds. New facilities coming to the already refurbished stadium - PJ will have the Gophers as a highly desirable program sought after by recruits and a perennial winner.

Prediction: Gophers win the West in 2018. The Big10 in the 2019 and will win a NC before PJ is done. Brian Ferentz will be over his skis as an OC and with PJ stealing talent and the Fleck effect will have an immediate negative effect on the Hawkeyes.

hhn.gif

Big Ten West...yeah, at some point. And if they put together a dream season...mayyyyybe a BT Title. National TItle...not a chance.

To bad the university is in the middle of a crime infested neighborhood. I know if I had any more college age kids I wouldn't send them into that area to live, especially if they were a girl. Once was enough. And don't tell me it isn't cause I know from 1st hand information that it's a real problem for students that live off campus.

Fleck is going to do well and be gone in 2-3 years, or he's going to flame out, Howard Dean style.

Either way, The Gophers will need another new coach before 2020.

Early reviews on his staff indicate these are guys who were about to be fired and are taking a demotion to join Fleck. But it doesn't matter because he will release youtube videos with new traditions that will get millions of views soon.

I think the boat is rocking too much and it is making you sea sick. Ferentz is the steady hand at the helm of the USS IOWA guiding us through stormy seas for two decades.

Yes, but isn't it time to get us out of the kiddy pool? :rolleyes:
................ and I know you were being sarcastic but unfortunately there are probably some who felt that was your best post ever.

Fleck had a nice year in the MAC but he will quickly learn that the Big 10 is not the MAC. I see his act only lasting a few years and then he'll be rowing his boat out of Minneapolis.

Prediction: Gophers win the West in 2018. The Big10 in the 2019 and will win a NC before PJ is done. Brian Ferentz will be over his skis as an OC and with PJ stealing talent and the Fleck effect will have an immediate negative effect on the Hawkeyes
Looks like he maybe should have stayed in the MAC?? Honest question...
170107_gophers_fleck_21.jpg

But then again, at least your guys' Dilly Bar budget isn't as high as the last coach,

B2vxePHCUAAnFo8.png

...and you guys haven't had any gang rapes yet under PJ Rowyourboat, so there's that I guess.

48405821.jpg

Last edited:

Lol, yeah I get your sarcasm. He appears to be a nice guy with a nice family but this boring uninventive offense, bend but don’t play aggressive defense is a getting old. It just seems like every season it’s the same ole same ole regardless of personnel on the field.

This coaching staff gets paid enough to put out the energy, effort, and commitment to put together a new and dynamic offensive and defensive scheme each and every year and during the season. The problem is the lack of ability to recruit at the skill positions (QB and receivers) and a terrible offensive scheme which scares away those who have good skill sets. Yep, a highly skilled receiver is just dying to come play for Iowa so they can run down field and block.

I’m a very loyal hawkeye fan but am just wearying of this type of football. BORING, and over seen by a control freak coaching mindset. Penn State lucked out and got rid of KF’s twin buddy, Joe Paterno.

Again, APPEARS to be a nice and descent coach with a great family, but I would like to see KF move on and do what’s right for the fans and program.

Funny how Iowa just scored a TD against Northwestern by PASSING the ball to go up 7-0 to close out the first half. If there had been six minutes left on the clock on that last possession he would have ran the ball and ended up punting it away. He was FORCED to pass the ball because of time restraints.

Last edited:

Latest posts