Fleck to Minnesota.....I'm gonna go puke now!!!

Playmaker

I am sooooo jelaous....what an awesome hire at a school who certainly does NOT deserve him. Mark my words....Fleck will promise to do things Ferments hasn't uttered in going on 18 years....and he WILL get off his ass and try and recruit. What a shot in the arm this could have been for us. I do NOT see him acting as if the program is at a built in disadvantage. You can't name ONE football program in the entire country that is as stale as Iowa's. Jesus H. Christmas....why can't this be us??? Eat S Barta!!!

I think the boat is rocking too much and it is making you sea sick. Ferentz is the steady hand at the helm of the USS IOWA guiding us through stormy seas for two decades.

I am sooooo jelaous....what an awesome hire at a school who certainly does NOT deserve him. Mark my words....Fleck will promise to do things Ferments hasn't uttered in going on 18 years....and he WILL get off his ass and try and recruit. What a shot in the arm this could have been for us. I do NOT see him acting as if the program is at a built in disadvantage. You can't name ONE football program in the entire country that is as stale as Iowa's. Jesus H. Christmas....why can't this be us??? Eat S Barta!!!

Wanna bet that PJ will do things that KF hasn't "uttered". I will bet you anything that you want to that PJ Fleck won't do at Minnesota over the next 15 years, what KF has done over his last 15 years (and these are are sooooooo terrible according to you that KF is a smelly turdbowl).

Over the last 15 years, here are the total wins for B1G teams:

OSU 154
Wisconsin 143
Nebraska 125 (Most of these in a weak ass Big12 conference)
Iowa 124 (.646% winning%)(8.26 Wins per year)
Penn St. 123
Michigan 122
MSU 116
Northwestern 99
Rutgers 96
Minnesota 95
Maryland 94
Purdue 79
Illinois 64
Indiana 62

Not only that, but I will GUARANTEE that PJ will never have a 8 year run at Minnesota like KF did (2002-2010) with the following:

-2 B1G titles
-2 BCS bowl appearances
-.684 % winning %
-78 wins in 8 years
-4 top 10 finishes
-5 top 20 finishes

I get that everyone is tired of KF, heck I am ready for a change myself. Yet to pretend that KF didn't do those things just makes you look like an idiot.

IDK if PJ will succeed at Minn. That program is in a state of disarray.

What I do know however is that the argument, one that never held water, that Iowa could never get a better coach than KF is DOA. If Illinois can hire a coach that took a team to the Superbowl and the Golphers can hire PJ Fleck and turn down Les Miles. Then Iowa sure as hell can get a darn good coach if it just tried.

His first job will be damage control. I hope he realizes it. He'll have to talk players out of jumping ship. He'll have to satisfy the culture within the university. part of which is hostile to the athletics program in general and the football program in particular. The title IX investigations didn't start with the current incident so there is a good deal of history there. The high school coaches around the area aren't going to soon forget. Right now I would say, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa, Northwestern (if you have the grades), and North Dakota State are preferred destinations. Minnesota might still have a recruiting advantage over Northern Iowa, Northern Illinois, Iowa State, South Dakota State, and North Dakota. Maybe Fleck can wow recruits away from all those teams, but he has his work cut out for him.

don't worry, playmaker, there is a 6 year old kid that will someday get into coaching that will be ready to step in and replace ferentz when he decide's he's ready to step down.

No guarantee he'll be a huge success. One great season at WMU and a lot of hype. He knows his star is bright now, which is why he jumped. We'll see.

Last edited:

Slow the roll man!! Wow. You act as if he is the second coming of Nick Saban.
I'm a big believer in good fits and PJ Fleck in my view wouldn't be that fit for Iowa. Iowa is not a PJ Fleck hire!! He can take his unconventional stuff to Gopher land, they like Gimmicks.

My take is this: on the surface a excellent hire for Minnesota, but probably doesn't change a whole heck of a lot in the end. Gophers will still be the Gophers. Not like recruits lncoking down the door to play in Minneapolis! In the end for PJ Fleck he will regret this move to coach the Minnesota Gophers. This issue they have going on right now I would have stayed a MILLION MILES from it..

Latest posts