FL CB Jordan Oladokun Decommits

Probably why it’s a good idea to get on campus before letting them commit. We know Iowa didn’t force a commit (like PJ Fleck), this all happened very fast so not super surprising.

I actually was talking to a friend a few weeks ago and told him I thought this was a possibility. Not so much on Twitter, but on other social media platforms, the kid was posting offers from other schools after the Iowa commitment and making some cryptic posts.

I'm certain Iowa would have told him to NOT commit since he hadn't been on campus, but he probably went ahead and did it anyway in order to secure a spot. This is not surprising in the least.

The only thing I hope it DOESN'T do is prevent us from getting Ricky Parks. That'd be a nice pickup.

Damn. That's too bad. Now we're down to 0 CB commits in this class, correct? Any that we're in on currently that are looking promising?

I actually was talking to a friend a few weeks ago and told him I thought this was a possibility. Not so much on Twitter, but on other social media platforms, the kid was posting offers from other schools after the Iowa commitment and making some cryptic posts.
Didn’t he have some tweet after committing where he said he wanted to play baseball in college?

I'm certain Iowa would have told him to NOT commit since he hadn't been on campus, but he probably went ahead and did it anyway in order to secure a spot. This is not surprising in the least.

The only thing I hope it DOESN'T do is prevent us from getting Ricky Parks. That'd be a nice pickup.
The coaches accepted his commitment after doing a virtual visit and talking to him. They are making adjustments with everything going on.

Whether or not he rushed his decision might be another question.

Damn. That's too bad. Now we're down to 0 CB commits in this class, correct? Any that we're in on currently that are looking promising?
I said even before this that it seems to me our CB recruiting has taken a step back and I’m not really sure why. I thought we had some momentum with King & Jackson, heck and even OJ now just going in the third round.

We are pursuing another corner from the Tampa area Jordan Young, but I’m not sure on our chances there. He would be a big time get if we could pull it off.

Thanks, NikeHawk21. Maybe they'll need to dip into the transfer portal or JUCO ranks next year, because we'll be getting pretty thin back there in the next couple of seasons with graduations and attrition.

Last edited:
During this time of limited travel, the stability and predictability of Iowa's program seems overall to have been a plus. The downside, tho, is it's hard to get southern recruits up here to dispel the stereotype of hicks and corncob pipes that other schools push when "Iowa" is mentioned.

Nice move, commit, then see if you can find something better.

Such personalities most often don't make a good "team."

Live your dream, bro.

If there is one spot on the team that I'm not concerned with in regards to recruiting, it's CB. Until proven wrong, I'll give Phil the benefit of the doubt. We have a ton of young guys on the roster and I don't think it's a huge deal if we have a year where we're light.

There is lots of speculation when this happens. I will happily join that club and say that distance from home and a secure environment creates ambiguity, who is a bitch.

Latest posts