First Glance Predictions for 12-13?

RoseBowlBound

The season is over so its the perfect time to look ahead! What are your expectations/predictions for next year.

Ill go 19 wins, 1 in the tourny and get in as a 10 seed.

Marble averages 14 ppg
Gessell averages 10 ppg and 6 assists
Basabe 12 ppg and 8 rebounds
Woodbury 4 ppg 6 rebounds
Ogelsby 10 ppg

Any other predictions from you guys?

Dude, go join another forum. This team will win 28 games minimum and probably over 30 BEFORE the tournament. Final Four and then it will be a gamble if we get a national title. Will need some help to knock out one or two of the big boys.

gesell - 6 pts, 5 assts
ogelsby - 12 pts (shoots 38+% from 3pt)
marble - 16 pts
white - 14 pts, 6 rebs, 1 block
woodbury - 5 pts, 7 rebs, 1 block

basabe - 10 pts, 7 rebs, 1.5 blocks
clemmons - 3 pts, 5 assts, 2 steals
mccabe - 6 pts, 5 rebs
ingram - 4 pts, 2 steals
may - 2 pts
meyer - 4 pts, 3 rebs

this would be 82 pts a game which is a lot but i like to go for the optimistic view. i expect marble to step up and be more consistent next yr and i think we saw his upside from the wing. i believe we saw basabe come into his own and will stay the 6th man next yr. i believe mccabe will start at the 5 but woodbury will get the job and zach will settle into the 4/5 back up role nicely as a garbage man and the enforcer on the bench. meyer i think will surprise because he wont be expected to do much. the most rests on the 3 guard positions if the young guys can eat enough time so marble and ogelsby can stay on the court as i feel they both need to go 30 min next yr unless we bring in another 2/3 type.

White avg 13 pts 7 rebs

That's it!? You think AW's production will go down? Over the last 12 games, AW has averaged 13.9 pts & 7.2 boards.... Then again, if his numbers are lower, that means the rest of the team is doing that much better. Right? So I will take it! :)

gesell - 6 pts, 5 assts
ogelsby - 12 pts (shoots 38+% from 3pt)
marble - 16 pts
white - 14 pts, 6 rebs, 1 block
woodbury - 5 pts, 7 rebs, 1 block

basabe - 10 pts, 7 rebs, 1.5 blocks
clemmons - 3 pts, 5 assts, 2 steals
mccabe - 6 pts, 5 rebs
ingram - 4 pts, 2 steals
may - 2 pts
meyer - 4 pts, 3 rebs

this would be 82 pts a game which is a lot but i like to go for the optimistic view. i expect marble to step up and be more consistent next yr and i think we saw his upside from the wing. i believe we saw basabe come into his own and will stay the 6th man next yr. i believe mccabe will start at the 5 but woodbury will get the job and zach will settle into the 4/5 back up role nicely as a garbage man and the enforcer on the bench. meyer i think will surprise because he wont be expected to do much. the most rests on the 3 guard positions if the young guys can eat enough time so marble and ogelsby can stay on the court as i feel they both need to go 30 min next yr unless we bring in another 2/3 type.

Having two true freshmen average 5 assists per game sounds a little far fetched to me.

Iowa will be an NIT team again next year. losing gatens will be a bigger deal than most think.

IMO it's the following season, barring defections or some other setbacks, that they could have a break out year.

The season is over so its the perfect time to look ahead! What are your expectations/predictions for next year.

Ill go 19 wins, 1 in the tourny and get in as a 10 seed.

Marble averages 14 ppg
Gessell averages 10 ppg and 6 assists
Basabe 12 ppg and 8 rebounds
Woodbury 4 ppg 6 rebounds
Ogelsby 10 ppg

Any other predictions from you guys?

I think we can win more than just two games over this season. I will say 23-12.

I did a quick Big Ten W&L with a friend today and came up with 8-10 or 9-9 in Big Ten. Iowa gets ISU at home next year...Drake and UNI will be at the Well. The Cancun trip looks winnable. I think Iowa should win 10 in the OOC without knowing all of the games...the ACC-B1G opponent for Iowa will be a middle of the pack ACC team on the rise..I will guess NC State

I think they can get to 18 or 19 regular season, without bad losses to the Campbell's of the world...and be a bubble team heading into the Big Ten tourney...could see them as a 5 or 6 seed in the B1G tourney.

We'll be dancing next year and could be sleepers to win the Big Ten. Yeah, I said it.

i feel gesell and clemmons will hold down 20 min each at pg (give or take a little) which would be 1 asst every 4 min for them. in our uptempo i feel that is reachable. it is asking a lot but i feel that they will really push tempo to look a lot like today's game and believe more pressing will happen to facilitate the higher pts per game. i was trying to go optimistic.

Iowa will be an NIT team again next year. losing gatens will be a bigger deal than most think.

IMO it's the following season, barring defections or some other setbacks, that they could have a break out year.

Disagree. Losing Gatens leadership is a bigger deal than most think, but I don't think we're going to miss his on court contributions. We're going to make up for his offensive output with improved numbers from Basabe, White, and Marble next year. I think White takes over the leadership role and Iowa is more potent offensively next year.

The real question mark will be PG play. If one of the incoming freshman can run the point effectively we'll be in the NCAA Tournament.

Latest posts