FIRE MCCAFFERY NOW

Agree they were not aggressive. Did not push the ball up the court as usual and settled.
As passive offensively as I've seen in quite some time. Passed up looks all the time, pump faking into....nothing. Threw the ball into Rebraca to bail them out a few times...of all guys. Floating shots eveywhere. Just weak sauce.

Okeefe I'm not going to answer your stupid questions that you know the answer too.

I guess I'm off this board for a while. I don't get why you got to ruin this place with your stupid trolling, Jon should have gotten rid of you LONG time ago.
I would agree that is the flip-side of things......over the long haul it can show the true grit of a team....the conference grind. Although you would like to think doing really well in your conference tournament means you are getting hot at the right time. Or does that conference tournament potentially drain you?

It would be interesting to see a stat on what happens to conference tournament champions overall. Also it would be interesting to see a stat on how well a conference tournament champion does that also won the regular season.

Both good accomplishments, but maybe that is why they put more of a premium on a regular season title.

Meanwhile the TO Mooney took early in the second half turned out to be a stroke of genius.

Wasn't our best game from a cerebral standpoint. Especially Tony. Fouling a three point shooter in the corner is a killer. Offensive fouls. Quick shooting from PMac and Kris.

Overall our worst game in nearly two months and a terrible time for it. No one had Iowa losing this game. At least Seth Davis called the NW State upset sixteen years ago
I bet Seth Davis is patting himself on the back right now....he called Providence to beat Iowa.

Refs called fouls for Keegan, but he abandoned the post up game early and settled for the jumper. If a guys shot isn't falling you have to scrap. Iowa didn't do that and didn't rebound the offensive board.
Remember the one where Iowa had four guys around the ball and the Richmond guy gets it. ugh.

Worst Iowa basketball game I have ever seen.

Wow, that is going overboard, worst game, fire Fran. Granted I mentioned a few times the last couple days I was hoping the hawks wouldnt have a bad shooting day. First two shots were 1 footers and they just happened to go in and out.

And granted I didnt think Fran made many adjustments on either end. The Richmond pt guard they said held the record for most minutes played all time in D1 bball and he was their glue.

Our guard court did not do well.

When your star, Keegan, is not getting touches (he hardly touched the ball the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half) then the coach has to call some different plays.

Did you notice at desperation time with only a couple of minutes to go they worked 2 Connor feeds to keegan on the low post and he got two easy buckets and the out of bounds dunk. Fran should have had Keegan and Kris and Patrick rotating around the low post and if they are double teamed then hit the open guy.

So, you're OK with how things have been going? Happy with season results?

I am totally happy with their Big 10 regular season where they lost a few very close games and then they won the Big 10 Tourney, first in 16 years so all that was great.

This was a very disappointing loss as a whole bunch of good things went bad today, bad shooting, bad defensive reactions, out turnovered,

The hawks won the rebounding stats by 4 but if they really worked it hard I think they win that by 15.

11 YEARS TO MAKE INTO THE WEEKEND OF THE BTT. 12 TO WIN IT. I THINK MAYBE IF WE STAY THE COURSE WE MIGHT MAKE IT OUT OF THE FIRST WEEKEND OF THE TOURNAMENT SOMETIME BY 2040. WE JUST HAVE TO BE PATIENT.

I understand whatever your anger is with all the screaming all caps bold font and I agree Fran just looked detached from the game today. He was calling any new plays but just let them run motion the whole game. And he needed to chew some butt and get mad after the first 4 minutes with a couple of easy back door baskets given up and the players not going hard to the hoop on some of their shots.

Face it Mr. Davis was a fucking tourney genius. I dont know how long you have been watching college ball but I remember watching his Boston College teams in the Big East tourney iirc and in the Ncaas and they were just really good tough teams. iirc John Bagley was a really great guard he had.

How long have you and I been saying Fran needs to get some stud point guards. That Richmond pt guard Gilyard, or whatever, was just a steadying influence today and ran the show and bent our defense and got the ball to his teammates in good positions. That was the difference to me.

And what was the deal with Perkins? I didnt see him do much more wrong than any other hawk but he sure sat for long stretches, came out good in the 2nd half, then sat a bunch. Fran????

Unfortunately going forward the doubts are going to keep festering at an ever increasing pace until the ghost is exorcized.

The dreaded scoring droughts reared their ugly head once again. In both halves.

3 TO’s remaining w/ :34 in the game and an offense that can not run a successful set………epic failure!

Yes, I agree with the timeouts. Did you notice when the hawks had their quick 11-0 run in the 2nd half to go up by 5 the richmond coach didnt wait for a tv timeout but took his own.

He got his team to slow down a bit cuz Iowa was running them. He got them to work their offense, make a bucket, get back quick, clog our offense and they went on an 8-0 run.

But no timeouts by Fran, not even to settle them down and run a great inbounds play.

I think Fran did an amazingly good job of coaching this year, I also think his game demeanor has become significantly better and how he keeps his calm better when rip players for making a mistake.We just dropped a turd at the wrong time. We missed so many open shots. when you are already tight because it is a big game do or die when shots aren't falling it is easy to get down and the negativity feeds upon itself.Intresting in the press conference Keegan said there is a lot "we" can work in the summer and we have to just keep pushing forward. This team ddi provide me personally with a lot of great entertainment this year, winning another few games to get in the sweet 16 when you think about it a very small part of any teams season.

THE FANS RAN OFF DAVIS. THEN THEY RAN OFF ALFORD. IT JUST KEEPS GOING DOWNHILL, BUT I WOULD TRY TO BRING BACK ALFORD AND MAYBE KENO DAVIS AS AN ASSISTANT IF WE CAN GET THEM. AND PROBABLY BJ ARMSTRONG TOO.
We figured out your shtick about 10 years ago. Why bother writing this goofy crap. Yeah, I get it, you are trying to see how many suckers take the bait.

You are the ultimate troll. Try a new hobby. Seriously.