FINALS

Both did their seeds or better so it is a victory in that sense. It would have been an upset if either of them won. Dennis did blow it at the end. Worst case he should have given up two for overtime. Still wrestled a good match. Marion should have attacked earlier he is going to be a beast. Now for THE MATCH. Lets see what Metcalf is made of!!!

Disappointing end for Dennis, but a great tournament for him. He is just another piece of the CHAMPIONSHIP puzzle.

Metcalf/Palmer match wasn't as exciting as I had hoped, but that is what you get when you have a guy who is as good as Palmer who wrestles that defensive style. Can't complain with the results though.

We here in Lake County IL have been supporting and cheering Dan Dennis' effort his entire career including Grant HS.....We still support and cheer his All-American effort and that of the entire Hawkeye team. At this level of competition, anyone can take anyone down in a millisecond. Head up Daniel!

Dennis did not choke ness is in the running for the hodge trophy and wrestled a good match he got beat by the better wrestler.

Choke? Come on

Until u have been in the finals in anything yourself you cant bash on dennis. He will never forget that match

Marion decided not to show up tonight... nothing new for him.

Ah yes, the "wrestling fans" who show up for the big meets and say ignorant things with not validity to them.

Marion actually wrestled fairly well to be honest, if he gets that TD in the first period, I think he ends up winning.

Dake is just a stud, and Montell has come a long way, nothing to be ashamed of.

Dennis did not choke ness is in the running for the hodge trophy and wrestled a good match he got beat by the better wrestler.

Choke? Come on

Until u have been in the finals in anything yourself you cant bash on dennis. He will never forget that match

Choke is a bit harsh.

BUT... Dennis certainly let his guard down a bit (or got lazy, however you want to put it) and let Ness get a TD.

He'll never live that down, but still, a great career and should be proud to AA.

Dake is just a stud, and Montell has come a long way, nothing to be ashamed of.

No kidding. Yeah, it sucks that Marion lost, but I don't see anybody saying a couple of days ago that he's going to be a finalist for the NC.

Now, Dennis losing, on the other hand, the way he lost... that is maddening. :(

Choke really? Dennis put in work, he battled his butt off against a guy like Ness. Ness is a unbelievable wrestler. It was just a ballsy move and it landed. tough loss for Dennis.

Choke really? Dennis put in work, he battled his butt off against a guy like Ness. Ness is a unbelievable wrestler. It was just a ballsy move and it landed. tough loss for Dennis.

A lot of times in life you are put in situations, where you get to make only one decision, and the decision you make will last a lifetime. No second chance, right or wrong whatever happens, that's it. Dennis made a choice, and it didn't work out, and now, his career as a Hawkeye is over. He might regret the way he lost for the rest of his life, but I'm willing to bed in 20 or 30 years, he's going to be damn proud of the things he did this year as a Hawkeye. Guy had a hell of a season and a hell of a career, and as I understand it, he is one hell of a young man. Congratulations to Dan, tough loss, but it isn't the worst thing that has ever happened to him I'm sure. Hawkeye Nation will miss him.

2 out of 4 isn't so bad. The Hawks and their fans will feel a lot better about this championship than last year's. If Metcalf had lost, it wouldn't have felt that way, but he really controlled that match and you feel like he proved there is no doubt he is the better wrestler.

Let's make it 3 Jaybo!!

I interview with Davis during the match was comical. Barry was really into his match and bouncing all over the place.

Latest posts