FINALS

ISU gets two titles....half the titles go to the great state of Iowa. Very nice tournament for the state.

Thank god for DVR, got in late and just got done watching the matches. Congrats to tonight's champs! I LOVED the Barry Davis interview and then after the kid won the title they showed Davis pretty emotional in the tunnel, emotions that I cannot even fathom, congrats Barry!

A lot of times in life you are put in situations, where you get to make only one decision, and the decision you make will last a lifetime. No second chance, right or wrong whatever happens, that's it. Dennis made a choice, and it didn't work out, and now, his career as a Hawkeye is over. He might regret the way he lost for the rest of his life, but I'm willing to bed in 20 or 30 years, he's going to be damn proud of the things he did this year as a Hawkeye. Guy had a hell of a season and a hell of a career, and as I understand it, he is one hell of a young man. Congratulations to Dan, tough loss, but it isn't the worst thing that has ever happened to him I'm sure. Hawkeye Nation will miss him.

Very well said.

This ticks me off. He didn't freaking choke. It sucks, it sucks bad, but Ness might win the freaking Hodge Trophy this year. Dennis never quit on the offense. He will live with this for the rest of his life and he doesn't need Hawkeye fans saying that he choked. Dang it! I was just starting to lose my headache over this match and now it is roaring back with this.

I feel terrible for the kid... he put himself in a position to win. Ness is a great wrestler but I'm just calling it as I see it.

Barry had a great year with his program. And extra curricular circumstances going on in his life right now and him t o maintain focus to coach an outstanding wisconsin team just speaks levels. Kudos to Barry well deserved! Also, Barry is a great man and knowing him personally and his family is just great. He is a great man and I wish his family well!

Thank god for DVR, got in late and just got done watching the matches. Congrats to tonight's champs! I LOVED the Barry Davis interview and then after the kid won the title they showed Davis pretty emotional in the tunnel, emotions that I cannot even fathom, congrats Barry!

I'm sure so many emotions hit through barry as his man won the finals. It has been a raelly tough few months on Barry! He is a class act coach, great guy!

Latest posts