Final Record Prediction?

You saying I'm not a hawk fan? Point your finger somewhere else. I've been one for 40 years. Went to Iowa BECAUSE I was a hawk fan. When I lived in Iowa didn't miss a home game for 10 years. I've also been to a dozen bowl games. Your prediction was 1 game more than mine..." Ooh you are so big, your so absolutely huge, gosh we're all really impressed down here I can tell you!"

I try to stay positive. I try to welcome you. You saying I'm FAT!?

I UNwelcome you! Take your sour 6-6 vibe back to the sweltering, swampy marshland. The Hawks need support, not bandwagoneers!

I try to stay positive. I try to welcome you. You saying I'm FAT!?

I UNwelcome you! Take your sour 6-6 vibe back to the sweltering, swampy marshland. The Hawks need support, not bandwagoneers!

Uh, no...The quote was from MONEY PYTHON. John Cleese was mocking talking to God. It had nothing to do with your physical appearance.

I think the hawks win the next 3, I think Simien is still hurting at NW which makes them less dangerous, Minny is not a good passing team which makes the hawks concentrate against the run, Illinois is not very good unless Lunt is back and throws the hawks silly for about 450 yards.

We can match up well with Wisky and Nebby but I think the hawks lose both of those in close fashion.

8-4

Uh, no...The quote was from MONEY PYTHON. John Cleese was mocking talking to God. It had nothing to do with your physical appearance.

You mean MONTY Python.

Dude, you went deeper for mispelling the name of one of the greatest comedy troupes of all time. However, you made it up with your effort and shooting so high. You scored big points for both reverence and accuracy with the Cleese to God, you to Me analogy, though still a bit skeptical about the "mocking" aspect.

I think I might grow to like you. I UN-UNwelcome you but note this is probationary, so, don't embarrass or publicly challenge me until you hit 100, meaningful​ posts.:cool:

Well ... now the OP is forcing me to "adjust" my before-season projectioon of 9 wins at worst ... 10 wins a liklihood ... Right now ... as the team is playing ... QB; run defense; all of it ... I still think we can get to 8 wins ... I think Minny is getting better but I think Minny is like Wisky ... a little overrated at this point ... I think Minny will do what Minny always does ... start strong and slowly fade away ... We get NW, Illinois ... and I think we get Wisky at home ... Heck, I still think we can win at Minny ... I don't think we are a 9-win team ... I am just saying I think our schedule is that favorable ... And honestly, none of the remaining teams on the schedule are unbeatable ...

So ... clear as mud ...

You mean MONTY Python.

Dude, you went deeper for mispelling the name of one of the greatest comedy troupes of all time. However, you made it up with your effort and shooting so high. You scored big points for both reverence and accuracy with the Cleese to God, you to Me analogy, though still a bit skeptical about the "mocking" aspect.

I think I might grow to like you. I UN-UNwelcome you but note this is probationary, so, don't embarrass or publicly challenge me until you hit 100, meaningful​ posts.:cool:

LOL! Fair enough :) Yea, missed the ol' spell check.

You mean MONTY Python.

You do sound kinda fat here.........

Over/Under right now is probably 7.5. I think we win 2 of the next 3 against NW, Minny and Illinois and 1 of 2 against Wiscy and Nebbie. That's 8-4. Glass almost half-full.

I think the hawks win the next 3, I think Simien is still hurting at NW which makes them less dangerous, Minny is not a good passing team which makes the hawks concentrate against the run, Illinois is not very good unless Lunt is back and throws the hawks silly for about 450 yards.

We can match up well with Wisky and Nebby but I think the hawks lose both of those in close fashion.

8-4

8-4 ^^^^^^^^ Predicting the same deal, the same scenario. Start to feel good about things at 8-2 and then they lose the last 2 and the bowl game to leave a sour taste in everyone's mouth. A lot of doubt/concern going into 2015 season.

Iowa will have more wins than Iowa State at the end of the year

Reasonable and realistic. It sets the bar right at the level that is achievable for the Hawks and right on par with what Hawk fans have been lulled into expecting as a "good" year. Well done!

An 8 point win over a (3-4) UNI team.
A come from behind "thriller" over mighty (2-5) Ball State.
A loss at home to perennial National Championship contender (2-5) Iowa State.
A decent win at (4-3) Pitt.
A win over a (3-5) Purdue team that didn't figure out their QB sucked until it was too late.
A win over a (3-4) Indiana team that had to play virtually without a QB.
And throwing 56 times with zero rushes in the 4th quarter at (5-2) Maryland.

There's nothing in our resume that suggests we should get more than 6 or 7 wins. The truth hurts.

Pathetic!!!!!!!! No not your post but the state of the football program. When I look at the win loss records of the teams we have played it is just pathetic that we struggled so much.

When dies the the basketball season start?

edit: "does" the basketball season..... dies is for the football program

Iowa will have more wins than Iowa State at the end of the year
What's the point,they beat us on our field. Does it really make you feel better we will finish with a 'better' record.
If we played ISU sched and they played ours. How do you think our records would compare then???

why is everyone freaking out? Everyone needs to remember the Ferentz mantra...he wins a game he shouldn't and loses a game he shouldn't. Also how many games have we won if we have had three turnovers that killed drives not to mention the uncalled fumble that Maryland got away with. That was 7 right there. I say we beat jNW, Illinoy and Minnesota as the big game, lose to Nebby and the Wisky game is a toss up so I can see anywhere between 8-4 to 9-3 and us going to either the Cap One, Outback or Holiday bowls.

Latest posts