Final Ranking?

HawkeyeDug

I say #6. Unfortunately the lowest of the BCS game winners but I can't see any reason for the polls to put Iowa ahead of any of the winners, and unless the NC game is some sort of absurd blowout the loser of that game finishes ahead of Iowa. Iowa should be behind both the Tex/Bama winner/loser, FL, OSU, and Boise. Iowa is probably better than Boise, but they didn't lose.

I'd say that's about right, but I could see us as high as #4 with a blowout in the NC game.

Top Ten Finish for Sure

Looks like Iowa is a lock for a top ten finish in the finals poll. It will be Iowa's third under Ferentz.

They posted the graphic of all four B10 teams that won. Impressive that they were all over top 15 teams and two conference champions.

I say #6. Unfortunately the lowest of the BCS game winners but I can't see any reason for the polls to put Iowa ahead of any of the winners, and unless the NC game is some sort of absurd blowout the loser of that game finishes ahead of Iowa. Iowa should be behind both the Tex/Bama winner/loser, FL, OSU, and Boise. Iowa is probably better than Boise, but they didn't lose.

I think it depends on the UT/Alabama game. If one gets blown out Iowa goes up to 5 in the rankings. But I don't see that happening so I agree Iowa ends up #6. Fine by me.

That's probably about right. And not bad for a 2 loss team. Man Winter just got a lot easier to handle. Love being a Hawk!

I would also say 6th, it will probably look like this:

1) Winner TX/Bama
2) Boise St
3) Florida
4) Ohio St
5) Loser Tx/Bama
6) Iowa

Final rankings?

4 teams in the top 10 lost their bowl games, so Iowa could move up as high as #6.

Maybe it turns out like this...

#1 BCS champ
#2 BCS title game loser
#3 Florida
#4 Boise State
#5 Ohio State
#6 Iowa
#7 TCU
#8 Penn State
#9 Virginia Tech
#10 Cincinnati

Not sure how far TCU and Cincinnati will fall, so I'm just guesstimating based on who they played and how bad they got beat.

Congrats on an awesome season, Hawks!

Re: Top Ten Finish for Sure

Looks like Iowa is a lock for a top ten finish in the finals poll. It will be Iowa's third under Ferentz.

They posted the graphic of all four B10 teams that won. Impressive that they were all over top 15 teams and two conference champions.
Actually, it will be Ferentz' fourth top ten finish. Iowa finished at #8 three years in a row from '02 to '04.

At least 7 as Cincy will drop like a rock. TCU probably stays in front of us, but they looked pretty mediocre the other night. They could fall behind us.