Final Ranking?

Put us at number 5 since I like to be able to say we were among the top 5....otherwise, top ten and more importantly next seasons rankings, start the season in the top ten so we have a shot at #1.....

Re: Top Ten Finish for Sure

Looks like Iowa is a lock for a top ten finish in the finals poll. It will be Iowa's third under Ferentz.

They posted the graphic of all four B10 teams that won. Impressive that they were all over top 15 teams and two conference champions.

We had three consecutive from 2002-2004. Number 8 all three years in final poll. So this one will be 4th time. I think we will be 6th too.

I would also say 6th, it will probably look like this:

1) Winner TX/Bama
2) Boise St
3) Florida
4) Ohio St
5) Loser Tx/Bama
6) Iowa

I think your picks are right on. Granted we had a 2 loss season but we lose minimal starters. It hurts we lose one we wanted to keep but we will take it. Who would have thought this team who was picked to be finish in the middle of the Big 10, would do so well?? Hawks have a lot of good players coming in that we will develop into great players. Great season Hawks!

Re: Final rankings?

I think TCU stays ahead of Iowa.

The voters may see it this way. But if they watched both games Iowa looked better in a win over a BCS conference champ than TCU did in defeat against BSU. TCU was supposed to win but they didn't. Iowa was supposed to lose but the Hawks didn't.

That said, I think 7th is a safe bet. But I'm holding out hope for 6th.

And 8th place finish or lower would tell me the voters are biased against Iowa.

I say 6. I did a "mock final rankings" tonight because i'm bored

it came out

1) Texas/Alabama
2)Florida/Alabama
3)Texas/Florida
4) Boise St.
5) Ohio St.
6) Iowa
7) TCU
8) Oregon
9) Penn State
10) Va. Tech

3 big 10 teams in the final top 10, suck it haters!

Latest posts