Final Four Moving to TBS

IMHO, they're setting it up for the move to PPV. I'm not one to pay to watch it unless I have a vested interest in one of the teams playing. So I really don't see the logic in it.

Just my $.02 .. ..

GO HAWKS!!!

IMHO, they're setting it up for the move to PPV. I'm not one to pay to watch it unless I have a vested interest in one of the teams playing. So I really don't see the logic in it.

Just my $.02 .. ..

GO HAWKS!!!

I'm not an expert on the broadcast industry, but wouldn't they make far, far more in advertising revenue than they ever would in pay per view revenues?

This is a bit of a head scratcher. TBS is already on most basic cable tiers anyway...it will serve as a great promotional vehicle for their other programming they can slam down our throats while watching it, but off the cuff I am not seeing many other upsides.

turrible.jpg

Cable companies now have the money and the power. Just look at MNF moving to ESPN a couple years ago.

The trend of fewer and fewer sports on national television will continue.

I think it's a smart move, anyone who was going to watch the Final Four before will still watch it, and now you can counter program on CBS and draw more viewers total. The basic cable/broadcast division is no longer meaningful. The Rose Bowl is now on cable.

Doesn't really matter to me. I've never been a CBS fan regardless. As long as it's in HD and not pay per view I'm good with it.

Well, the one concern i have is there is a noticeable difference in quality (jerky picture) on TRUTV, I cant remember if TBS or TNT had the same issue.

CBS / NBC / ABC still broadcast their HD signals over the air, so you could essentailly watch for free. Now you'll have to purchase cable / satellite to watch the games. Or go somewhere else to watch the games.

Cable companies now have the money and the power. Just look at MNF moving to ESPN a couple years ago.

The trend of fewer and fewer sports on national television will continue.

1. MNF is not the Final Four
2. TBS is not ESPN

The worst part is we will have to sit through a thousand promos of whatever garbage sitcom Tyler Perry has come up with.

I think it's a smart move, anyone who was going to watch the Final Four before will still watch it, and now you can counter program on CBS and draw more viewers total. The basic cable/broadcast division is no longer meaningful. The Rose Bowl is now on cable.

With what? Another CSI/NCIS spinoff???

This move makes all the sense in the world and I can't wait to sit through a thousand commercials for Conan O'Brien every March...

The sad thing is that are enough people who actually watch the garbage that is network television programing to make this move profitable.

This move makes all the sense in the world and I can't wait to sit through a thousand commercials for Conan O'Brien every March...

Im actually more excited to constantly see Penny from Big Bang Theory in the bottom corner of my screen during the Final Four.

Latest posts