Final 10 Minutes of Iowa vs G'town 1980.

Hansen. Isiah basically gave him a flying elbow from behind at the Fieldhouse. Thomas and Knight both got T'd.

Indiana got the championship you mentioned in 1981 when Indiana finally gelled late
, but Iowa swept them in the season series.

This was the heyday of Bob Hogue and the IOWA TELEVISION NETWORK!!!, as Hogue would remind us approximately 3,768 times a night.

OH MY!. At least Bob didn't go downtown after games and score young co-eds like his successor Bob Healey did.
Eerily, same scenario in 1987.

I was 14 at the time of that tourney, and just really starting out my Hawkeye fandom. Hayden had just finished his first season as head coach and my dad had football season tickets. After going to home games and staying at the Iron Man Inn every other weekend, I was hooked on everything Hawkeye. I know, spoiled, too.

I did not go to the NCAA tourney games, but my dad and uncle went and brought me home an NCAA Final Four t-shirt, which I wore out in the next couple of years. The only other thing I remember about that tourney is the theme song, "This Is It" by Kenny Loggins. Perfect song for the highlights at the end of the tourney, and still comes to my mind when shooting around with my sons. I am kind of surprised that it wasn't on your list, Seth.

Not on that list was "Romeo's Tune" by Steve Forbert. I remember music critics pumping him up like he was the next Bob Dylan.

Oops!

He was basically a one hit wonder.
Now you made me boot up YouTube to listen to Romeo's Tune. There are a few artist I'm going to listen to from that Top 30 list today as I work on projects at work.

Hansen. Isiah basically gave him a flying elbow from behind at the Fieldhouse. Thomas and Knight both got T'd.

Indiana got the championship you mentioned in 1981 when Indiana finally gelled late, but Iowa swept them in the season series.

This was the heyday of Bob Hogue and the IOWA TELEVISION NETWORK!!!, as Hogue would remind us approximately 3,768 times a night.

OH MY!. At least Bob didn't go downtown after games and score young co-eds like his successor Bob Healey did.

Oh the memories! Yes, Bob Hogue was a sports anchor at KWWL at the time.